Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 09:39 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Since you didn’t explain what it means I can assume you are ignorant of the country’s slang as well. Better luck next time.
I am American so huff is not familiar to me either HOWEVER, the difference between you and me is that I figured out that it is their expression and not to assume like you did, that because I am not familiar with it, therefore it must not be true.

BTW, anyone with half a brain would have figured out just by context (like they should have taught you in school) that huff in this sense likely means “arguing.” Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 09:41 AM

10,468 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We get a double whammy: we live in an era where the color of your skin is more important than your actions or behavior, AND in an era where the color of your skin determines your conduct code.
It won't last long. When China takes over, these are the first people they will execute. Make no mistake.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:43 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yet another example of wokeness ruining our society.

These men were clearly in violation of airplane rules, yet they thought rules didn't apply to them and gave the crew attitude when told to comply. As the plane gets turned back and the men taken off the plane, the woke passengers decided to make it a racial issue and sided with the men. Flight crew cowardly caved in and allowed the men to stay.

I'm sure the idiotic passengers were proud of themselves.

https://www.businessinsider.com/watc...removal-2021-8
LOL white allies.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:43 AM

10,468 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You can't take your shoes off on the plane?
Not when taking off. They could slide out and become projectiles while the plane is getting into the air. It's why they also want your seat belt up and tables locked in their upright positions.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:49 AM

23,614 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You can't take your shoes off on the plane?
He was sitting in an emergency exit row. Loose items laying on the floor can trip people if they need to evacuate quickly and as a result there may be those who don't make it off the plane alive.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:17 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He was sitting in an emergency exit row. Loose items laying on the floor can trip people if they need to evacuate quickly and as a result there may be those who don't make it off the plane alive.
ClaraC is just a Leftist trying to make excuses for the woke crowd who were clearly in the wrong.

Those two disruptive passengers were not following rules that applied to everybody and argued with the crew. They should have been kicked off, end of the story. There is no defending it but the Leftists are trying.

Funnily, if those two were white, the woke white crowd would have been angry at them for holding up the flight. Just goes to show how much self hate there is among the woketards. Race is always on their mind.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:27 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
More should be outraged at the way airlines and professional sports venues treat the public. Pay insane prices to be treated like a piece of excrement

Old 08-08-2021, 10:45 AM

23,614 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
ClaraC is just a Leftist trying to make excuses for the woke crowd who were clearly in the wrong.
Yes, as usual.
Quote:
Those two disruptive passengers were not following rules that applied to everybody and argued with the crew. They should have been kicked off, end of the story. There is no defending it but the Leftists are trying.
Yep. The crew was merely looking out for the safety of everyone on that plane.
Quote:
Funnily, if those two were white, the woke white crowd would have been angry at them for holding up the flight. Just goes to show how much self hate there is among the woketards. Race is always on their mind.
Can you imagine if the two men were white and the crew poc? The other passengers would probably have burned the plane down if those two weren't removed.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:01 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
I’d want my shoes on if I were running to get out of an airplane on fire.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

"Huff" isn't arguing. It's expressing irritation. "She walked off in a huff".

One guy, apparently didn't even HUFF, and he was subject to being kicked off the plane.

And I'm not a leftist, although on this forum by comparison with the extreme right wing, the center appears to be left.

It is interesting, that the two passengers were allowed to stay, and the crew was changed out. And probably re-trained that you don't return to the gate and kick passengers off because they display irritation. Especially the one guy who didn't even do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies