Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 09:53 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The vaccine is very effective but not perfect, those who choose not to take the vaccine are the current problem. So what is the solution, just hope this goes away or wait for a permanent vaccine.
The “effective vaccine” narrative is dying the death of a thousand cuts.

The solution would have been to not play politics with public health, but the statists just couldn’t help themselves. I’ve already outlined what I see as “a” solution about one page back. A functioning POTUS who is actually interested in unifying the nation, however, is a prerequisite. Unfortunately, we don’t have one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 10:27 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
My state has quite an outbreak of the Delta variant. My cousins family all got it, and I would refer to them as a good little liberal family that does as their told, and they were all vaccinated as soon as they could get it. Her husband spent time in the hospital anyway, and there were many others there with Covid-19/Delta variants that had also been vaccinated. The Dr. says the vaccine helps reduce the effects of Covid-19 on the vaccinated, but it is not very effective (less than 40%) in keeping people from getting and passing on the variants.
Compared to my other cousins family who contracted the original Covid-19 early on before there was any vaccine, they both had about the same experience.....kids minimal to mild symptoms, flu like for the older kids and mom, hubby's ended up in the hospital with severe pneumonia type stuff, difficulty breathing.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:45 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
When the iron fist of government is used to compel you to take the Covid vaccine … ...it's a sign that you are too stupid to get it on your own.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:47 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Soviet style scapegoating
No -- that's your Soviet style paranoia.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:48 AM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
8 months that humans have been given this shot with warnings and now studies on adverse effects and people are still saying "safe and effective" ?? The shot wears off after 6 months and these "rare" adverse effects are becoming less "rare".

Old 09-13-2021, 10:52 AM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Over 99% of all hospitalizations due to covid are unvaccinated people. Complaining about the vaccine being 'deadly' is like saying the government is ruling with an iron fist by mandating seatbelt use (and it's like saying wearing seatbelts kills people), because a handful of people in crashes while wearing seatbelts die every year.
Putting a drug in your body is quite different than wearing a seat belt. What else you got? Lol Try again.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:15 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Quote:
The vaccine is very effective but not perfect, those who choose not to take the vaccine are the current problem. So what is the solution, just hope this goes away or wait for a permanent vaccine.
Soviet style scapegoating
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Quote:
The “effective vaccine” narrative is dying the death of a thousand cuts.

The solution would have been to not play politics with public health, but the statists just couldn’t help themselves. I’ve already outlined what I see as “a” solution about one page back. A functioning POTUS who is actually interested in unifying the nation, however, is a prerequisite. Unfortunately, we don’t have one of those.
I am responding to both of your comments. Back in 1917-20 we suffered a Spanish Flu pandemic. There were no vaccines available. People were dropping like flies.

This time, we have a vaccine that is moderately if not perfectly effective at curbing both virulence and contagion. We really need almost universal vaccination.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:20 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am responding to both of your comments. Back in 1917-20 we suffered a Spanish Flu pandemic. There were no vaccines available. People were dropping like flies.

This time, we have a vaccine that is moderately if not perfectly effective at curbing both virulence and contagion. We really need almost universal vaccination.
People arent dropping like flies and of those who do, its well known why.

So are you ready to use violence to get the desired "universal vaccination" rate?

Old 09-13-2021, 11:28 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I cannot believe the arrogance of these people.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/news/...ca16dc472.html

80%+ Seniors vaccinated isn't good enough for ya? "We need to get as close as possible to 100%". What a bunch of B's. Go put your vaccine where the sun doesn't shine. When did America become a Dictatorship?
Actually, 80% isn't good enough - by the science/data available.

~79% of all Covid deaths are from senior citizens.

Even today, with 80%+ of you vaccinated, 40-50% of the hospitalizations are from 65+ people.

If you want to know if the vaccines work(ed) - the hospitalization rate for 65+ dropped 4.5x once the vaccine became available. They worked so well, the rate compared to the lowest age group went from 36x as high to just 6x as high.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:42 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
When the iron fist of government is used to compel you to take the Covid vaccine … ...it's a sign that you are too stupid to get it on your own.
American style scapegoating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies