Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 10:55 AM

19,054 posts, read 27,627,799 times

Advertisements

The proclamation requires all state employees and most health and long-term care providers to be fully vaccinated with a recommended COVID-19 vaccine by October 18, 2021 as a condition of employment. Employers will need to verify vaccination status of all employees.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wqGSXklacPaBeS

Who does the Proclamation apply to?
All Cabinet Agency worksites and employees and Health Care employees in private sector health care and in long term care settings including but not limited to nursing homes, adult family homes, assisted living, enhanced services facilities, RTFs, and other treatment facilities. This includes most contractors, volunteers and other positions that have any onsite presence in a workplace setting. The proclamation does not cover separately elected officials, boards and commissions or K-12 and higher education institutions, but those organizations are encouraged to adopt a similar approach.

In our family case, this equals to being laid off without any opportunity to be rehired place else, unless uprooting and moving out of state to hypothetically non mandating one. What is rather challenging at 66 and 63. And if we could retire, have my word, we wouldn't be working. So spare me that, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 11:09 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The proclamation requires all state employees and most health and long-term care providers to be fully vaccinated with a recommended COVID-19 vaccine by October 18, 2021 as a condition of employment. Employers will need to verify vaccination status of all employees.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wqGSXklacPaBeS

Who does the Proclamation apply to?
All Cabinet Agency worksites and employees and Health Care employees in private sector health care and in long term care settings including but not limited to nursing homes, adult family homes, assisted living, enhanced services facilities, RTFs, and other treatment facilities. This includes most contractors, volunteers and other positions that have any onsite presence in a workplace setting. The proclamation does not cover separately elected officials, boards and commissions or K-12 and higher education institutions, but those organizations are encouraged to adopt a similar approach.

In our family case, this equals to being laid off without any opportunity to be rehired place else, unless uprooting and moving out of state to hypothetically non mandating one. What is rather challenging at 66 and 63. And if we could retire, have my word, we wouldn't be working. So spare me that, please.
This is so illogical. People simultaneously complain about hospitals being overwhelmed and recognizing that many are short staffed while at the same time cheering on the firing of healthcare workers who refuse to comply with mandates. The vaccine doesn’t prevent transmission either so it’s just a punitive measure rather then having anything to do with health. I hope there is pushback.

I’m sorry your family is being impacted by this short sightedness. I hope you get a lot of support. Mandates are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies