Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 03:30 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,996,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
It would appear that they are all on the side of the COVID virus....or at least some of them.

Misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 03:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,170,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
Make no mistake. Youtube/Google is Government. Government is Youtube/Google. The government and Alphabet Inc. together write the narrative that you consume as truth, as reality.

You will not even remember in 10 years that what we call 'reality' was once a concept held together by 7 billion people's continuous flow of differing philosophies, worldviews, opinions and constant debates. There will be one big screenplay written for you in Silicon Valley directed by your 3-letter intelligence agencies together with your government. Your 3 letter news stations owned by 3-4 companies will bring that screenplay to Hollywood and pack it for the remaining older generation into an exciting virtual reality for their TV dinner. You will consume that narrative as your base reality day-by-day. Your children will grow into it, won't ever question it. Get used to it. Adapt to it early on.

Bingo, nice post! The biggest crime that is currently happening on this planet is blind trust. You want to talk about pandemics, here's your REAL pandemic!

Old 08-11-2021, 04:07 PM

14,237 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Question for leftists,

How many “private” companies are protected under Section 230?

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230

Old 08-11-2021, 04:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,001,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
Make no mistake. Youtube/Google is Government. Government is Youtube/Google. The government and Alphabet Inc. together write the narrative that you consume as truth, as reality.

You will not even remember in 10 years that what we call 'reality' was once a concept held together by 7 billion people's continuous flow of differing philosophies, worldviews, opinions and constant debates. There will be one big screenplay written for you in Silicon Valley directed by your 3-letter intelligence agencies together with your government. Your 3 letter news stations owned by 3-4 companies will bring that screenplay to Hollywood and pack it for the remaining older generation into an exciting virtual reality for their TV dinner. You will consume that narrative as your base reality day-by-day. Your children will grow into it, won't ever question it. Get used to it. Adapt to it early on.
Exactly, the government and corporations are in bed together. They wipe each other's a##es . The government uses the corporations to circumvent the constitution and says "they are a private company" even though they control human communications. They need to be regulated as a utility company.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:14 PM

27,700 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Im bettin they still have russiax3collusion lie video's.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:16 PM

8,947 posts, read 2,974,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Im bettin they still have russiax3collusion lie video's.
Yup. I don't remember ANY retractions or deletion of the millions of videos on their platform that claimed Donald Trump colluded with Russia after Mueller confirmed this was "misinformation."

NOT ONE!

Old 08-11-2021, 04:20 PM

539 posts, read 242,343 times
Eventually youtube will burn itself out and will go down in flames . They are terrorists and should be treated as such . I feel sorry for the people who sit at home and make their suck up money on youtube cause where are they going to be when youtube goes down ? then they have to actually get a real job and get off the computer . Wow what a concept a real job where you have to answer to someone aka a boss .Anytime a company tries to silence free speech they are scared that their way of life is going to come to an end and God I pray for that day so many times . Does youtube really think that rand paul is scared of them ? I highly doubt it .

Old 08-11-2021, 04:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Question for leftists,

How many “private” companies are protected under Section 230?

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230
No idea how many, but I once owned a BBS, and it covered me.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:28 PM

14,237 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No idea how many, but I once owned a BBS, and it covered me.
So I can not sue you personally if a user or subscriber from your “private” company causes me harm?

And what’s BBS?

Old 08-11-2021, 04:38 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,359,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
So I can not sue you personally if a user or subscriber from your “private” company causes me harm?

And what’s BBS?
Bulletin Board System. A slow response text based platform to post or use limited applications usually accessed over a modem.

In a sense this forum behaves a bit like some BBSes did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies