Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 04:36 PM

7 posts, read 5,537 times

Advertisements

You are excellant at doublespeak.

??? Explain to me how it is that my commment comes across as doublespeak?

Ok, what is your answer to welfare abuse and the problems created by Section 8 housing? You have no problem smirking at other people's comments but you provide no viable options yourself. Simply pitying the destitute does not constitute an effective solution.

Anger? Damn straight I'm angry. Let's have that solution

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-29-2010 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,977,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logjammin' View Post
It is unbelievable to me that so very many people actually 'think' like this & then they will say "I don't hate the poor".,,,,,baloney

Ha! I don't know about hating someone because their bank account is a little low, but I do hate dirtbags that refuse to get their ****e together, then expect someone else to pick up the tab. Again, being habitually poor is often the symptom of a larger, more encompassing personal problem. That's not to say that every person who is down on their luck is a dirtbag.

Spend a lot of time hanging around the ghetto, do you? I work in the ghetto five days a week. You want an education, get a job at your local welfare clinic. There is nothing warm and fuzzy about the reality of stupid people. It is what it is. If you find base behavior acceptable then I guess it doesn't make any difference to you.

A productive solution? Mandatory birth control implants for abusers of state assistance. Stop the problem before it begins. Unless you physicallly stop stupid people from breeding, the problem will never end.
Hmmmm... it sounds like you are in the wrong line of work. If you can't generate more compassion than you show here you should do the honorable thing and tender your resignation. Study after study by people smarter than you or I show repeatedly that for every dirtbag who wants to sponge off society there are 100 others who want desperately to earn an honest living. You would cripple the entire social welfare system just to punish the 1 in 50 dirtbag that gets up your nose because you are so entitled to your righteous indignation. Hmmmmm

H

Old 01-01-2011, 08:24 PM

352 posts, read 188,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Section 8 in my opinion is being abused like our welfare system! We (Americans) need to shout out against this abuse! Maybe we can use the money for the Poor who really need it and the Elderly.

Section 8 should have restrictions! Here's a list of mine.

a. If any member in your house commits a crime it's (section 8) cut off.

b. You must live clean, there is no excuse to live Poor and Dirty! NONE..

c. 6 year restriction, after that the tenants need to look to rent elsewhere.

Section 8 is creating projects in neighborhoods all across America. I'm so tired of seeing people that are able to work take advantage of the Elderly and the true Poor.

End Section 8 now!
All of welfare is an abomination that does ten times more harm than good.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM

42,080 posts, read 75,559,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If you have name brand clothes,off you are the next month.
All brands have a "name"; where do you draw the line? Is a blouse bought on sale from JC Penney more egregious of an offense than a blouse purchased full-price from Target? What about people who purchase designer clothes at thrift shops, or receive them from a clothes closet or similar nonprofit organization?
Quote:
If you have a late model car,no free rent next month.
Well, first off, no Section 8 property is rent free. How do you define "late model"? What if the car is a gift, inherited, or received as a donation?
Quote:
If you are going to school and need housing you would get it immediately but as soon as you graduate off you go
Before you get a chance to get a job and/or build up some savings to be able to afford the deposit on an apartment? Very helpful ... NOT.

Life is not lived in absolutes.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,977,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Well if you read what I replied to, the poster was talking about the right to not live in a ghetto basically.
There are ghettos because of the way people live, not because the real estate started out that way.
There are lots of poor people who have something called "pride in themselves" and "respect for others and their property". They may be poor, but live clean.
Wrong. There are ghettos because when the dominant demographic flee an area (and they flee long before the area officially becomes a ghetto) it signals the end of infrastructure maintenance, effective law enforcement protocols and also the end of property management by property owners. I grew up in a ghetto despite the fact that my parents were both educated and solidly 'middle class' because it would have been our death to attempt to live anywhere else. And yes, we "lived clean" for what it was worth. It was hell nevertheless. Again, we were not poor. Not every ghetto resident is poor.

H

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,520,347 times
I agree.

you don't know how many people abuse this program, and many have small-time jobs at the side .

Old 01-02-2011, 12:36 AM

401 posts, read 474,846 times
In Santa Clara CA, I have a client in section 8 apartment housing. I must say that my client truly qualifies because of severe medical conditions beyond their control. At one point she was a contributing member of society. But, she is one in ten. The apartments are primarily occupied by asians that are milking the welfare system. There is nothing wrong with these people physically or mentally. The problem is that our welfare system gives them a better standard of living then they would have from their country of origin. So they come on over and steal from the US taxpayers. It is disgusting.

I have seen people with 24 hr (around the clock) one on one care (expensive). These people are walking, functioning at a fair level and participating in daily activities. Why do they use the 24 caregiver? Well, a family member can be reimbursed by the state for providing the 24 hr care. So we are paying welfare, paying housing and paying a family member to care for these people that are milking the system. I bet at least 60% of welfare recipients could do better for themselves if the handouts were not there.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:39 AM

639 posts, read 1,293,413 times
They need to stop trying to bring the hood to the burbs. Projects need to be built in low income areas. However...
They need to kick out ALL of the people with criminal records and hire 24 hour security for each project across every project in America. Real security, not just some pothead losers, but former army and navy guys that are militant and truly enforce the law in these lawless places.

That would solve many problems.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,423,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Wrong. There are ghettos because when the dominant demographic flee an area (and they flee long before the area officially becomes a ghetto) it signals the end of infrastructure maintenance, effective law enforcement protocols and also the end of property management by property owners. I grew up in a ghetto despite the fact that my parents were both educated and solidly 'middle class' because it would have been our death to attempt to live anywhere else. And yes, we "lived clean" for what it was worth. It was hell nevertheless. Again, we were not poor. Not every ghetto resident is poor.

H
I grew up in a Spanish ghetto in New Mexico and our house was always clean. You can't get new stuff if you don't appreciate what you already have was my mothers (and grandmothers and probably great grandmothers) motto. When crime got bad in the ghetto, we moved into a hotel room until my mom had saved enough to get us in a decent area. Poor does not always equate to trash.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,751,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
They need to stop trying to bring the hood to the burbs. Projects need to be built in low income areas. However...
They need to kick out ALL of the people with criminal records and hire 24 hour security for each project across every project in America. Real security, not just some pothead losers, but former army and navy guys that are militant and truly enforce the law in these lawless places.

That would solve many problems.
What you are suggesting is to the detriment of us all.
To bring in former military to police certain areas in a free society? because someone is poor?
Oh, this could become very, very dangerous.
Where do we stop at 'criminal records'? Would this include DUI's, traffic infractions?
Where would we put all of those with a criminal record?
Just how much authority would these former military people have?
Do you even realize how many people you encounter everyday that may have a former criminal record?
Ridiculous.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies