Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 10:06 AM

2,932 posts, read 1,009,526 times

Advertisements

I think some of these "conservative" students might be mistaking being corrected for being "treated poorly."

There's enough victimhood for everyone, kids. Settle down. You'll all get your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 10:11 AM

5,121 posts, read 2,172,860 times
I'm a conservative male adult. If I were attending high school these days as a conservative teen and I was treated poorly by school members and fellow students for being conservative I would literally laugh in their faces.

Why? Because that's just one more hurdle that I will overcome (without the b*tch and moan session or demanding that the government fix my problems) to become a stronger and better individual. I relish and cherish EVERY hurdle and obstacle because they are learning experiences.

You can't stop me, just try. I will prove you wrong every time.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:23 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,431,898 times
No surprise, I am not liberal nor conservative, but regarding college at least, any time you took a stance on something that aligned with anything deemed "conservative", it was met with harsh criticism.

Given how much someone's life depends on their success at college, it is better to just shut up and go with the flow, as to not take the chance of getting poor grades because you do not fall in line with view points of the professor.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:24 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,403,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I think some of these "conservative" students might be mistaking being corrected for being "treated poorly."

There's enough victimhood for everyone, kids. Settle down. You'll all get your turn.
Exactly. Not being allowed to bully the gay kid or the Muslim kid or the autistic kid is not actually the same as being treated poorly. FWIW, most of the conservative kids my kids go to school with are good kids, but most of the bullies are conservative kids. Their parents teach them it’s ok to be an *******.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,753,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I'm a conservative male adult. If I were attending high school these days as a conservative teen and I was treated poorly by school members and fellow students for being conservative I would literally laugh in their faces.

Why? Because that's just one more hurdle that I will overcome (without the b*tch and moan session or demanding that the government fix my problems) to become a stronger and better individual. I relish and cherish EVERY hurdle and obstacle because they are learning experiences.

You can't stop me, just try. I will prove you wrong every time.
The point you're missing is that out of X conservative kids, how many will have been kicked into submission into abandoning their conservative tendencies and never becoming the conservative adult you have?

Old 08-17-2021, 10:53 AM

5,121 posts, read 2,172,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The point you're missing is that out of X conservative kids, how many will have been kicked into submission into abandoning their conservative tendencies and never becoming the conservative adult you have?

I'm sure we'll lose a few in the process as the liberal indoctrination has totalitarian goals. No doubt about that. But we need to find a way to remain strong. Make no mistake, BIG MONEY is behind the liberal wrecking ball. It's an issue that all non liberals face as the cards are stacked against us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies