Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 09:22 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The purposes of this treatment is to prevent you from going to the hospital. In my county, you can go to an urgent care center that offers this treatment.
OK, well good for people who can find an urgent care easily that's not fully booked. Good for people who get tested regularly and catch it early enough despite being completely asymptomatic. Sucks for everyone else?

Old 08-17-2021, 09:22 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I don't know why there are so many posters on here that keep insisting that the monoclonal antibody infusions are reserved only for the privileged few, the above post is correct, they are not at all uncommon. Several of the large health systems here in Houston have been using this treatment and I'm sure the same is going on elsewhere. A friend of mine who is high risk (multi organ transplant last year) had the infusion last week. Two weeks ago, the health system my husband works for sent out detailed instructions to all medical staff on how to refer any patient they felt might qualify.
Agreed

Old 08-17-2021, 09:23 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
In my state at least, all you have to be is 65 years old, tested positive, 10 days or less. Then you are eligible.
So you can get this treatment even though you have no symptoms. Seems like a waste of drugs to me. Why not save it for the ones who really need it.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
OK, well good for people who can find an urgent care easily that's not fully booked. Good for people who get tested regularly and catch it early enough despite being completely asymptomatic. Sucks for everyone else?
Whats your problem? You keep on saying medical care is a privilege, I am saying even if you don't have insurance cannot pay, as long as you are eligible, they will give you this treatment. Sucks for whom? I am very confused and don't know what point you are trying to make

Old 08-17-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you can get this treatment even though you have no symptoms. Seems like a waste of drugs to me. Why not save it for the ones who really need it.
Cuz they consider 65 to be high risk. Will prevent them from getting worse. So they don't have to overwhelme the hospital. Makes sense to me.

Plus, this treatment is for mild cases only, if you need to be hospitalized or are on ventilator, this treatment is useless. Obviously I am no expert, but I remember reading this treatment is to prevent you from severe cases, similar purpose as the vaccine. Not like most vaccinated need it anyway.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Whats your problem? You keep on saying medical care is a privilege, I am saying even if you don't have insurance cannot pay, as long as you are eligible, they will give you this treatment. Sucks for whom? I am very confused and don't know what point you are trying to make
You're acting like everyone/anyone can get the treatment, because anecdotally you know people who can get it easily. I'm telling you not everyone has the same access/equity as the governor of freaking Texas, let alone people who happen to live in places without slammed urgent care facility/medical centers

Old 08-17-2021, 09:37 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Cuz they consider 65 to be high risk. Will prevent them from getting worse. So they don't have to overwhelme the hospital. Makes sense to me.

Plus, this treatment is for mild cases only, if you need to be hospitalized, this treatment is useless. Obvious I am no expert, but I remember reading this treatment is to prevent you from severe cases, similar purpose as the vaccine. Not like most vaccinated need it anyway.
No, recommendation is for mild to moderate Covid in high risk cases. The statement so far in this case is no symptoms. So?

I'll wait.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You're acting like everyone/anyone can get the treatment, because anecdotally you know people who can get it easily. I'm telling you not everyone has the same access/equity as the governor of freaking Texas, let alone people who happen to live in places without slammed urgent care facility/medical centers
Whatever

I am simply stating him being a governor has nothing to do with it. Him being older, puts him in the high risk category. That's why he is eligible. Sheesh

Old 08-17-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
No, recommendation is for mild to moderate Covid in high risk cases. The statement so far in this case is no symptoms. So?

I'll wait.
Wait for what?

Old 08-17-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Whatever

I am simply stating him being a governor has nothing to do with it. Him being older, puts him in the high risk category. That's why he is eligible. Sheesh
Whatever, indeed. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies