Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 06:05 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,544,652 times

Advertisements

Now that it is appearing that only one group gets to use Totalitarianism... I demand that we all get to use it for the betterment of the USA.

If I have to have my body forcibly injected to please other people...

Then other people have to do things to please me.

What are your ideas?

1. I think old blighted properties that have lingered for years making neighborhoods ugly should be able to be torn down and made prettier because I don't like looking at them and I should be given the deed to the property if it is ugly or not used to its best use.

2. I think that people that are on welfare should be forced to work. Not forced to work to receive benefits, just forced to work. Taken out of their homes with guns and made to clean up the environment or other jobs no one else wants to do.

3. I think anyone who is obese or has a chronic illness should not be allowed to participate in health plans until they get healthy. I am sick of paying for them and now since "health" issues that could possibly -- although unlikely -- could effect another person leads to forced injections.. I can't see why I have to continue paying for people with chronic diabetes, chronic anything, anxiety disorders and other utter bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 07:13 PM

19,015 posts, read 27,574,271 times
Right.
But, my wife, ICU night shifts nurse, ICU that was COVID unit for almost a year, is very much so opposed to having COVID patients (5 currently) treated with the same level of care as drug abusers, alcoholics with delirium, mostly staff abusive, and 700lb behemoths.

So I say, shut down all booze makers, introduce Chinese drug policy/punishment and imprison all adulterated food makers. Toss in tobacco companies.

Oh, and insurance companies should be way discounted to those who exercise and stay healthy and there should be real tax break for them. Not tax break for spending thousands on treatments. The other way around.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:24 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Now that it is appearing that only one group gets to use Totalitarianism... I demand that we all get to use it for the betterment of the USA.

What are your ideas?

1. I think old blighted properties that have lingered for years making neighborhoods ugly should be able to be torn down and made prettier because I don't like looking at them and I should be given the deed to the property if it is ugly or not used to its best use.

2. I think that people that are on welfare should be forced to work. Not forced to work to receive benefits, just forced to work. Taken out of their homes with guns and made to clean up the environment or other jobs no one else wants to do.

3. I think anyone who is obese or has a chronic illness should not be allowed to participate in health plans until they get healthy. I am sick of paying for them and now since "health" issues that could possibly -- although unlikely -- could effect another person leads to forced injections.. I can't see why I have to continue paying for people with chronic diabetes, chronic anything, anxiety disorders and other utter bull.

I would leave the fascism to the liberals. They have had a lot of practice and are better at oppression and attacks on individual liberties than anyone.

I hope your #3 is in jest. Just how does anyone who acquires a disease unrelated to unhealthy choices to be determined useless to society? I have had two serious cancer issues and continue to work full time in medicine. However, without health insurance, I would not be alive. Having paid about $500K in taxes every year for over 20 years, I think I have contributed far, far more than the average tax payer.

In the eyes of God, every life is valuable and their lives are just as important to them as your life is to you.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 08-17-2021 at 07:42 PM..

Old 08-17-2021, 07:32 PM

1,094 posts, read 883,193 times
Quote:

What are your ideas?

So I vote to eliminate all who think like that.

Anyone who is offended by anything must go.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:33 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,007 times
Nobody is being forcibly injected. LOL

Old 08-17-2021, 07:33 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would leave the fascism to the liberals. They have had a lot of practice and are better at oppression and attacks on individual liberties than anyone.

I hope your #3 is in jest. Just how does anyone who acquires a disease unrelated to unhealthy choices to be determined useless to society? I have had two serious cancer issues and continue to work full time in medicine. However, without health insurance, I would not be alive. Having paid about $500K in taxes every year for over 20 years, I think I have contributed far, far more than the average tax payer.
It is great to hear that you are back to work!
But Doctor - you need a better tax lawyer. $500K? I hardly paid much over $100K most years. For 40 years.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:45 AM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:

What are your ideas?

Wow. That's a massively big ask for 2 measly little shots in the arm.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:54 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:

What are your ideas?

That is already the policy in my town. But it can take a long time after delays and appeals from the owner to force that to happen. But nobody is given the deed to the property.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:01 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,874,683 times
Quote:

Next thing you know, they'll require you to wear seatbelts or have life preservers on boats!

Old 08-18-2021, 02:11 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:

What are your ideas?

Try reading 1984 by George Orwell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies