Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 02:44 AM

866 posts, read 320,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Now that it is appearing that only one group gets to use Totalitarianism... I demand that we all get to use it for the betterment of the USA.

If I have to have my body forcibly injected to please other people...

Then other people have to do things to please me.

What are your ideas?

1. I think old blighted properties that have lingered for years making neighborhoods ugly should be able to be torn down and made prettier because I don't like looking at them and I should be given the deed to the property if it is ugly or not used to its best use.

2. I think that people that are on welfare should be forced to work. Not forced to work to receive benefits, just forced to work. Taken out of their homes with guns and made to clean up the environment or other jobs no one else wants to do.

3. I think anyone who is obese or has a chronic illness should not be allowed to participate in health plans until they get healthy. I am sick of paying for them and now since "health" issues that could possibly -- although unlikely -- could effect another person leads to forced injections.. I can't see why I have to continue paying for people with chronic diabetes, chronic anything, anxiety disorders and other utter bull.
Your choice. Just don't complain about the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 03:31 AM

7,406 posts, read 3,554,248 times
Internet misinformation about safety of the vaccine. They are all quite safe. Media misinformation about severity of pandemic. It isn’t that fatal and quite treatable. Brainless public misinformation about getting back to normal. We will never get back to normal whether you get a safe vaccine or not, or if Covid becomes as lethal as drinking a glass of water. Enjoy!

Old 08-18-2021, 04:23 AM

1,603 posts, read 871,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Nobody is being forcibly injected. LOL

That's what my boss says. Of course, if you don't take the vaccine by a certain date, you get fired.

Taking away someone's job/livelihood is really a hallmark of our times, it seems.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:39 AM

7,406 posts, read 3,554,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
That's what my boss says. Of course, if you don't take the vaccine by a certain date, you get fired.

Taking away someone's job/livelihood is really a hallmark of our times, it seems.
I was a little hesitant on getting vaccinated at first. I had someone much smarter than me read medical journals and actual studies (not media propaganda and Facebook posts) and to report back to me. The person said they believed it to be safe based on what they read (hours of research)

So if you were still hesitant there are medical journals and actual studies you can read and you can look at the scientific data and draw your own conclusion. But I will say there’s a lot of misinformation out there.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:40 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Nobody is being forcibly injected. LOL
Employers are requiring it or you get fired. Some governments are considering vaccine mandates. As are airlines and other places of business and government in order to enter. That's FORCE. Wake up or submit to the Fascism.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:46 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Employers are requiring it or you get fired. Some governments are considering vaccine mandates. As are airlines and other places of business and government in order to enter. That's FORCE. Wake up or submit to the Fascism.
No. It's not force. If you don't want to follow the airline's policy, then no one will force you to. You have the same rights; you can refuse to fly that airline, and they can refuse to fly you if you don't abide by their rules.

50/50.

That's how life in a free country works. Your desires don't over-rule any others on your say so.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,097,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Can see a day in the future where the government forces everyone to get "chipped" or get tattooed ("666"???).

This whole Covid lunacy was just a test run for them...

Old 08-18-2021, 08:26 AM

45,249 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No. It's not force. If you don't want to follow the airline's policy, then no one will force you to. You have the same rights; you can refuse to fly that airline, and they can refuse to fly you if you don't abide by their rules.

50/50.

That's how life in a free country works. Your desires don't over-rule any others on your say so.
Yes its force. They are doing the govts bidding while hiding under its skirt.
And other than a govt agency I cant think of an industry, org or institute that treats people worse than the airlines. Great example

Old 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM

1,208 posts, read 625,404 times
Yes it's force. In New York City you are not allowed to go into many places (including grocery shopping) unless you show proof (vaccine passport) that you were injected. Coming to a state near you.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-york...ccine-passport

Welcome to the New United States! I don't know about you but I don't like living under a dictatorship.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:04 AM

26,542 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Totalitarians often seek to demonize certain groups.

Unvaccinated?

Trump supporters?

The guy who put these up in NYC claims to be tolerant and love diversity:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ny...ation-posters/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies