Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 07:54 PM

18,847 posts, read 8,496,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Not surprising. Probably pretty girls, too.
I still took the samples for my patients, but stopped seeing pharma rep many years ago. Once they stopped keeping me supplied with pens and paper pads, I said 'that's it!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 08:01 PM

11,590 posts, read 6,052,540 times
More examples of distrust for doctors.

There are people who swear that hydroxychloriquine and Ivermectin have successfully treated Covid 19.

Do HCQ and Ivermectin really work to reduce inflammation early during Covid exposure? I don't know. Big Medicine won't do an honest study of these cheap and readily available medicines that have worked for decades, because they want to use much more expensive treatments. When Big Medicine does a study of HCQ and Ivermectin, they wait until people have high viral loads and are in the ICU or on respirators to administer HCQ or Ivermectin, when that is WAY TOO LATE. Then Big Medicine says, "see, they don't work".

FWIW, Chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association just said it is time to use Ivermectin.

https://www-yomiuri-co-jp.translate....ax%2Cnv%2Celem

How about all of the hospitalized Covid patients being put into ICU immediately and then thrown onto ventilators prematurely, because the hospital makes such big money for these. I may be too cynical in believing these, but there is no shortage of hospital whistleblowers talking about these. There are nurses in tears because a person died on a ventilator who she said was getting better in a general bed outside the ICU, and then the hospital threw them on a ventilator while she was away in the middle of the shift, and the patient died.

So is any Doctor going to prescripe HCQ or Ivermectin when all of the literature being thrown at them says they don't work and they are dangerous, reality notwithstanding?

When you realize the lies that are being told by Big Medicine, you start to become really, really cynical and realize that your Doctor is often bound to or persuaded by these lies from Big Medicine and Big Pharma. It makes things confusing and you don't know who to trust anymore. Then you are on your own. I may make bad decisions, but I am beyond confused by the lies from Big Medicine.

If I wasn't lied to constantly and a trustworthy medical establishment told me Covid vaccines are safe and effective, I would be in the front of the line for one. I can't trust them. I don't know what to think.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 08-26-2021 at 08:15 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 08:02 PM

14,534 posts, read 12,163,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Exactly, why is the government not encouraging people to maybe be more healthy ? Excercise? Vitamin D, C and Zinc? Maybe lose the extra 50 lbs?

Nope. They are saying take the jab and mask up. Youll be fine. $$$$$$$$$

Because the vaccine is an easier argument to win. Losing weight is a much bigger challenge for many. Myself included. If losing weight was that easy, you think we'd all be too fat?

Having recently had a close call this week with someone who is sick.... I have to say I'm a bit surprised there aren't ready, easy talking points for preventing and treating cases so they don't become bad?

I watched ambulance come, no testing, tell the person she probably had covid, but she wasn't sick enough to be admitted to the hospital, and advise her go inside and rest. Really? The woman lived alone, with little support system. I'd think they'd have bullet points by now of things to do, treatments to try, and symptoms to look for that would indicate they need to call the ambulance again.

They really didn't tell her anything, and I asked. Not even the Vitamin D and Zinc thing I have heard everywhere else. It's like this just started and we don't know anything... and I thought they'd have a well rehearsed program by now.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:07 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Quote:
Even good doctors get tunnel vision and group think. Here is an example.

During Covid, a lot of people are saying to keep up or increase your Vitamin D supplements. Many Americans suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. It is worse in the north and far worse during winter. The obese usually have more Vitamin D deficiency.

Quote:
More examples of distrust for doctors.

There are people who swear that hydroxychloriquine and Ivermectin have successfully treated Covid 19. Then Big Medicine does a study by waiting until

Do HCQ and Ivermectin really work to reduce inflammation early during Covid exposure? I don't know. Big Medicine won't do an honest study of these cheap and readily available medicines that have worked for decades, because they want to use much more expensive treatments.

Great posts, Igor. Right on.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:39 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,755,859 times
"Even good doctors get tunnel vision and group think. Here is an example.

During Covid, a lot of people are saying to keep up or increase your Vitamin D supplements. Many Americans suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. It is worse in the north and far worse during winter. The obese usually have more Vitamin D deficiency."

I live in the north and we were told the amount of Vitamin D we get from the summer sun would be enough carry us over during the winter. Just to note, getting Vitamin D solely from supplements deprives the body of the sun's rays which can kill leukemia cells, they are different from the rays that provide Vitamin D.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:40 PM

19,069 posts, read 27,655,039 times
Ok, so here's another aspect to why docs Rx vaccines.

Pediatricians Allowed to “Game the System”
This brings us to the financial incentives to pediatricians offered by insurance companies for vaccinating our children. The Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance document explaining these financial incentives can be found Here . Pediatricians are raking in 40-80 thousand dollars a year from these kickback schemes.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/finan...effrey-dach-md

A recent Medscape survey indicates that one of the main things that pediatricians dislike about their job is “dealing with difficult patients.” However, when pediatricians dismiss families whose only crime is the desire to make informed and individualized health care decisions on behalf of their children, the doctors are doing more than just unprofessionally dumping “difficult” patients—they also are protecting their bottom line. Increasingly, insurers and provider organizations are collaborating in a “value-based” approach whereby insurers give bonus payments to doctors and other providers who achieve specified quality of care targets.
A widely reported example of this type of pay-for-performance model is the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan “Performance Recognition Program,” which uses “meaningful” payments to reward Blue Care Network (BCN) health maintenance organization (HMO) providers “who encourage their patients to get preventive screenings and procedures.” For vaccination, providers receive $400 for each eligible two-year-old who has received all 24-25 vaccines shown below, but only if the provider manages to administer each and every shot to at least 63% of his or her patients. Thus, there is a formidable incentive not to let any patients slip through the cracks.
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...ccine-bullies/

https://www.tiktok.com/@realtalkjayt...30836382616838

Blue Cross Blue Shield pays your doctor a $40000 bonus for fully vaccinating 100 patients under the age of 2. If your doctor fully vaccinates 200...
https://www.facebook.com/login/?next...55877589764%2F

There is more info in this on Facebook but I do not use social media and do not have direct link to that.

Sp yes, I do realize that this is pediatricians and a bit of outdated data, no directly mentioning COVID.
Somehow though, I have little to no doubt that doctors ARE incentivized based on COVID vaccinating their patients. Why not.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:49 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
Yes, that's right. That's what I'm saying
I never go to doctors and I never get a toxic misnamed "vaccine" for anything.
The petro-chemical drug pushing doctors almost killed me when I was a baby so I learned very quickly
to stay far, far away from them. Getting shot with toxic petro-chemical concoctions does not make people
healthy and doesn't protect anyone from anything, but they certainly do make people quite sick and quite dead.
Was this the MMR vaccine.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:49 PM

18,847 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Ok, so here's another aspect to why docs Rx vaccines.

Pediatricians Allowed to “Game the System”
This brings us to the financial incentives to pediatricians offered by insurance companies for vaccinating our children. The Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance document explaining these financial incentives can be found Here . Pediatricians are raking in 40-80 thousand dollars a year from these kickback schemes.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/finan...effrey-dach-md

A recent Medscape survey indicates that one of the main things that pediatricians dislike about their job is “dealing with difficult patients.” However, when pediatricians dismiss families whose only crime is the desire to make informed and individualized health care decisions on behalf of their children, the doctors are doing more than just unprofessionally dumping “difficult” patients—they also are protecting their bottom line. Increasingly, insurers and provider organizations are collaborating in a “value-based” approach whereby insurers give bonus payments to doctors and other providers who achieve specified quality of care targets.
A widely reported example of this type of pay-for-performance model is the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan “Performance Recognition Program,” which uses “meaningful” payments to reward Blue Care Network (BCN) health maintenance organization (HMO) providers “who encourage their patients to get preventive screenings and procedures.” For vaccination, providers receive $400 for each eligible two-year-old who has received all 24-25 vaccines shown below, but only if the provider manages to administer each and every shot to at least 63% of his or her patients. Thus, there is a formidable incentive not to let any patients slip through the cracks.
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...ccine-bullies/

https://www.tiktok.com/@realtalkjayt...30836382616838

Blue Cross Blue Shield pays your doctor a $40000 bonus for fully vaccinating 100 patients under the age of 2. If your doctor fully vaccinates 200...
https://www.facebook.com/login/?next...55877589764%2F

There is more info in this on Facebook but I do not use social media and do not have direct link to that.

Sp yes, I do realize that this is pediatricians and a bit of outdated data, no directly mentioning COVID.
Somehow though, I have little to no doubt that doctors ARE incentivized based on COVID vaccinating their patients. Why not.
This is called incentivizing the practice of good medicine. Same with annual flu shots, routine BP checks and colonoscopies in older adults. It is in the patient's best interests. If the patient or family disagrees, that is their prerogative.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:59 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,236,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
I don't accept what a doctor says just because they're a doctor. I've seen some really bad calls.

As for the vaccine, I've decided I don't need it. I don't want it. I'm an adult. I can decide for myself.
Then pay your own hospital costs if you get sick. I applaud Delta Airlines for increasing insurance costs to unvaccinated employees.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:01 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,236,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Last I checked, general practitioners weren't infectious disease experts.
Last time I checked most posters here weren’t infectious disease experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies