Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 08:16 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Just curious. I am always interested in exactly WHY some people don’t want the Covid vaccine. That is their right; however, I wonder if those same individuals trust the advice their physicians provide in other health issues?

If yes, why the inconsistency? If no, why go to the doctor at all?

Our chief of staff commented last week that if we had the internet 60-70 years ago, we would probably still have polio and small pox affecting patients in the US. Vaccination, of course, eliminated both of those diseases. When I was a med student, whooping cough and diphtheria were interesting from a historical and third world prospective only. No one ever expected to see anyone with those diseases; illegal immigration has changed all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 08:26 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,059 times
I don't accept what a doctor says just because they're a doctor. I've seen some really bad calls.

As for the vaccine, I've decided I don't need it. I don't want it. I'm an adult. I can decide for myself.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:31 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
I have ALWAYS considered my doctors advice but do not accept it as the gospel. Before anything I consider an important medical decision I do ample research. This is no different.

For the record my family doctor received the 'vaccine' but he made it clear to me he is not sold on its efficacy and only did so to not cause issues for his practice.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:35 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I have ALWAYS considered my doctors advice but do not accept it as the gospel. Before anything I consider an important medical decision I do ample research. This is no different.

For the record my family doctor received the 'vaccine' but he made it clear to me he is not sold on its efficacy and only did so to not cause issues for his practice.

Curious - your doctor said he is not sold on its efficacy now? Or back when it was first introduced? The data is pretty clear, and impressive.

Where do you do your research? Medical journals/sources?

Old 08-25-2021, 08:36 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Just curious. I am always interested in exactly WHY some people don’t want the Covid vaccine. That is their right; however, I wonder if those same individuals trust the advice their physicians provide in other health issues?

Our chief of staff commented last week that if we had the internet 60-70 years ago, we would probably still have polio and small pox affecting patients in the US. Vaccination, of course, eliminated both of those diseases. When I was a med student, whooping cough and diphtheria were interesting from a historical and third world prospective only. No one ever expected to see anyone with those diseases; illegal immigration has changed all that.
Good questions. It would also be interesting to know why you personally trust medical authorities in regards to these vaccines but take a don't-trust-anyone conspiracy theorist view on just about every other issue discussed here.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:41 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:

Part of the problem is there are many "quacks" that are Dr's. One need only look at the anti covid Vax groups to see they are lead by groups of Doctors.

I trust my GP, but verify, if it is a significant issue.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:46 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Curious - your doctor said he is not sold on its efficacy now? Or back when it was first introduced? The data is pretty clear, and impressive.

Where do you do your research? Medical journals/sources?
This was a discussion we had about a month and half ago. Early July.

He has always been a straight shooter with me going back to when he was my Mom's doctor over 20 years ago.

As for research, yes medical publications, the CDC, too many places to list. I have probably read more about Covid-19 and these 'vaccines' than I have about any other subject in my life. Nothing I have yet read has led me to believe it is the best course for me. I will continue to abstain.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:50 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:

Nope. With polio and smallpox, even with today's internet and media landscape, the urgency would have been greater and the end game would have been clearer. Polio and smallpox are both much more dangerous on a per-person basis than Sars-Cov-2. Polio is transmitted differently from Sars-Cov-2, which is in the air. Smallpox is a DNA virus that mutates nowhere near as quickly as Sars-Cov-2. You have to play pretend, if you want to make the argument that these viruses are the same and humanity would have responded the same way absent the exalted "experts" and politicians. Reality is, people aren't stupid, and they recognize that these viruses aren't much alike.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:59 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
I worked in big pharma for a decade and my job was basically to monitor our corruption. I know exactly how the game is played between the Government and the people.

Im not vaccinated because I simply understand the data behind it and know im not a at risk person. I would much rather get Covid then have an issue a decade down the road from an experimental vaccine.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:01 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I worked in big pharma for a decade and my job was basically to monitor our corruption. I know exactly how the game is played between the Government and the people.

Im not vaccinated because I simply understand the data behind it and know im not a at risk person. I would much rather get Covid then have an issue a decade down the road from an experimental vaccine.
Exactly, why is the government not encouraging people to maybe be more healthy ? Excercise? Vitamin D, C and Zinc? Maybe lose the extra 50 lbs?

Nope. They are saying take the jab and mask up. Youll be fine. $$$$$$$$$

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 08-25-2021 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies