Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 11:50 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,537,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know. Miami-Dade County region has a larger conservative base than given credit for. Miami proper has a Republican mayor (and still has alot of violent crime), particularly in the northern part of the city. What happened in Miami Beach, however, was one of those once in a blue moon situations. The killer wasn't thinking about whether Miami or Miami Beach was ran by Republicans or Democrats. That killer probably never voted in his life. He doesn't care. He just wants to kill someone.
I have no interested in whether the killer voted. I do have an interest in Democrat lead cities where they allow crime to flourish. I just left one, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Black Savagery is rampant and no one has the guts to admit it.
Please knock it off. I don't want this thread to get closed.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, you can blame Malcolm X for that. He was the first person to preach such stuff. There are individuals within the Black population who have felt this way about the rest of America's society (including immigrants) for decades. There are individuals who are very angry about what was done to Black people from slavery to the Jim Crow era. Because of that, there are individuals who are full of anger and want revenge of the rest of society. The riots of the 1960s are one example of that. Alot of latent anger for decades
Agree with that. I am sure I have told the story of how I had two older male black friends that I worked with and we used to go to lunch. My friend had a 57 Chevy and I rode in the back and they nicknamed me Miss Daisy. It was all in good fun. But we did disagree when he told me that he taught his kids that no matter how hard they worked, they might not make it because they were black. I thought it taught them to hate white people. I can assure you, my parents never said one word to me about hating blacks or anything and I never did. I did hear my grandpa once use the n word and it made me kind of sick. But I think teaching your kids to hate other races is what lead to where we are today. I have never said a disparaging word about blacks to my kids but living in the Chicago area, it was easy to see them killing each other on the news every night.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yet a black person can walk in a predominantly white neighborhood without ever having to fear being a victim of a crime. Put it this way, even a black person would admit they feel more safe walking in a white neighborhood than in a black neighborhood.
Please STOP it.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:58 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,306,319 times
When I read the Miami Herald news account and it said words to the effect of, "22 year old man shoots and kills 21 year old tourist", I knew automatically it was a black on white crime. The press never reports race when it is black on white crime. It was the reverse, that would be the screaming headline. Sorry my cynicism is so apparent.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:02 PM

292 posts, read 92,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
These tik tok challenges are getting out of hand.
Don't get it you think it's a joke?

Old 08-26-2021, 12:03 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Please STOP it.
Stop what?

Old 08-26-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Stop what?
Stop making this about race. There are tons of threads about race in here. I want to talk about how crime is flourishing in Democrat run cities. If you continue to make it about race, they will shut it down.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:13 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,925,447 times
The guy was drugged up, pointed the gun at the baby, baby’s young father stood up stepped in front oh his baby son to protect him and was murdered in front of his young family. The man was caught and I hope he receives the justice he deserves. The fact that a father gave his life to protect his child and showed everyone what a real parent is, should be what stands out. He deserves to be remembered for that.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:14 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some definite valid points there.
It's a wonderful example of how correlation doesn't equal causation, for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies