Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 10:54 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Because the Democratic Party is no longer the party of unions and working people. The Democratic Party is dominated by neurotic upper middle class white professionals and their donor class of tech and finance millionaires/billionaires.
Also disproportionately white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I don't have the demographics on hand so I cannot speak specifically to your point.

But I agree with the premise that repealing SALT deduction limit opposes everything Democrats claim they represent.
The demographic info and statistics are in the link I posted in the OP. The numbers are rather startling. This IS a white supremacist tax reform proposal.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:57 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why should people in red states subsidize blue states' tax bills, which is what an unlimited SALT tax deduction does?
And why should Blue States tax dollars subsidize red states operating budgets, 9 of the top 10 are red states who live off of federal tax dollars paid by others...https://www.moneygeek.com/living/sta...al-government/

Old 08-26-2021, 11:07 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And why should Blue States tax dollars subsidize red states operating budgets, 9 of the top 10 are red states who live off of federal tax dollars paid by others...https://www.moneygeek.com/living/sta...al-government/
I agree. We should eliminate the federal income tax and allow revenue to remain within the state. Problem solved.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:08 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I agree. We should eliminate the federal income tax and allow revenue to remain within the state. Problem solved.
Since that will never happen, we can start by bringing back SALT.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I've answered you on this already in prior threads. It's not a state thing, so blue states aren't subsidizing red states' spending. It's a federal benefits thing. Seniors retire to lower cost of living red states to stretch their Social Security and retirement savings. Their SS and Medicare benefits (fully 38.5% of all federal spending) follow them there.

Now that we've dispelled your state vs. federal spending misconception, address the issue at hand...

WHY are Democrats proposing a tax reform that overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites and makes our country's racial wealth and income gaps even wider?

Old 08-26-2021, 11:14 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Since that will never happen, we can start by bringing back SALT.
Adding more complexity to an already complex and manipulative tax code is not the answer.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:22 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
I've answered you on this already in prior threads. It's not a state thing, so blue states aren't subsidizing red states' spending. It's a federal benefits thing. Seniors retire to lower cost of living red states to stretch their Social Security and retirement savings. Their SS and Medicare benefits (fully 38.5% of all federal spending) follow them there.

Now that we've dispelled your state vs. federal spending misconception, address the issue at hand...

WHY are Democrats proposing a tax reform that overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites and makes our country's racial wealth and income gaps even wider?
You continue to deny that red states collect lower taxes but receive more federal dollars, search it anyway you like it always comes back the same. Every red state is not a retiree haven and their benefits are not the dollars that are reflected. Mississippi as one example receives 34.81% of their state revenue from Federal dollars.

Where are wealthy whites benefitting with repeal of Salt because the limits on deductions affects everyone who lives in a high cost area such as the NYC metro regardless of color? If you want to see something that "overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites" then look at the other measure signed into law in 2017 where "It slashed the top individual income tax rate, carved out a special new deduction mainly benefiting wealthy business owners, gutted the tax on large inheritances, and significantly reduced taxes on corporations."

There's an example of what your talking about....

Old 08-26-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You continue to deny that red states collect lower taxes but receive more federal dollars, search it anyway you like it always comes back the same.
Red states tax lower than blue states. And nearly all seniors get SS and Medicare (federal benefits, so federal taxes and federal spending) regardless of where they live. That SS and Medicare money doesn't go to the state. It goes to the seniors and their health care providers/workers. Even your link explains that.

Quote:
Where are wealthy whites benefitting with repeal of Salt because the limits on deductions affects everyone who lives in a high cost area such as the NYC metro regardless of color?*
Nationwide. Read the link I posted in the OP. It gives demographic and statistical info:

Not Worth Its SALT: Tax Cut Proposal Overwhelmingly Benefits Wealthy, White Households - ITEP

Old 08-26-2021, 02:48 PM

866 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
While that's true, the bigger issue for Democrats is WHY are they proposing a tax reform that overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites and makes our country's racial wealth and income gaps even wider? How is that anything other than white supremacist?
Newsflash: The Democrats are the party of White Supremacists and income inequality.

All of their divisive policies pit the masses against each other and benefit the elites.

Inflation hurts the masses and benefits the elites.

Covid chaos hurts the masses and benefits the elites.

Open borders hurts the masses and benefits the elites.

Dumbing down education and control of the media, including social media makes it all possible.

I honestly think Trump was allowed to win in 2016 to create a nice diversion for the elites. Let him win, blame him for everything, use his sh***y personality to set up 2020.

The globalists are playing chess while their opponents are playing checkers.

It's sad that it's working so well. Really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies