Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 06:01 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You voted for this.

He's doing everything he said he would.

His plan is literally to destroy America and you voted for that. You make me sick
They wanted unlimited illegal immigration, they got it.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:03 PM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Thank you for this honest and courageous post. It's rare to have someone be willing to admit this, especially here. The United States needs this honesty. Now our nation's leaders need to demonstrate integrity, honesty, and perspective and do the job of guiding our country onto a better path.

Several national and international situations have been painful and stressful for the last several months, but it's especially so in the last two weeks with the tragedy in Afghanistan.
Not every leftie on here is a partisan puppet...or paid to post here.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:04 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I honestly think half his cabinet is probably inept. It seems like leadership these days is less qualified and more corrupt than in the past. It's more about who you know, people skills, sleeping your way to the top, and fund raising.

If Biden resigns, Kamala takes over, and they can get marijuana off schedule A, at least they'll have accomplished something useful. That's about all I would want out of that party at this point, because republicans will simply not do it.
Per the bolded --- It was also about filling slots as per affirmative action.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:04 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You voted for this.

He's doing everything he said he would.

His plan is literally to destroy America and you voted for that. You make me sick
This.

Biden voters should be held accountable. I don’t know if it should be via fines, suspension of voting rights, or mandatory community service, but they have waged war on America and that shouldn’t go without consequences.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:05 PM

559 posts, read 279,435 times
Extremely saddened by today's events but am proud of our President for getting us out of this damn war. The former guy had Pompeo negotiate directly with the Taliban leaving the Afghans out of the equation completely. The result was the release of over 5,000 Taliban POW's who went right back into the fight, and the demoralization of our Afghan allies. Anyone who thinks withdrawing was going to be easy or that the former guy could have done better is just blowing smoke. After a rough start, the current administration has organized one of the largest airlifts in history.

https://www.army.mil/article/249638/...n_tells_nation

Old 08-26-2021, 06:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMBPBLJSTP View Post
I respect Heps position. I am a dem, proudly voted for Biden to remove trump from office. That was Biden's goal..he achieved that. Biden is governing as a one term pres. He has no desire to run for re-election. I am glad the war is ending. Trump could not end the war due to the fact he was always running for a second term and the bloody optics of AFG may have hurt his chances. What did Trump in was his handling of Covid.

I am in favor of the Big Dem only Covid package. I m in favor or both infrastructure bills..the large bill addresses climate change and other things important to middle class folks, esp those with kiddos. I hope for a robust Voting right bill. Biden accomplished goal to oust Trump. I am fine with Biden gone in 4 years...Kamala Harris vs whomever and let the chips fall..fairly I hope. The deaths in AFG sad but not surprising. IMO..acceptable losses at the very end of a crazy 20 war.
The deaths are acceptable losses at the very end of a war? You're all heart.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:08 PM

329 posts, read 224,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have never felt this wronged by a Democratic President in my life.
Nor felt I needed to come here to express such a thing.
He is a fool. Incompetent. His words mean nothing.
And I'm not even a parent or wife of one of the 13 American soldiers killed today---or know any of the innocent, tired, hungry Afghanistans trying
to fearfully escape their country with their babies, bloodied or murdered.
Mr. Biden you are a ...there are no words.
Thank you; you expressed my feelings exactly. I didn't vote for him, but at this point I have little trust left for either side. This is all so very sad.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:08 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
Extremely saddened by today's events but am proud of our President for getting us out of this damn war. The former guy had Pompeo negotiate directly with the Taliban leaving the Afghans out of the equation completely. The result was the release of over 5,000 Taliban POW's who went right back into the fight, and the demoralization of our Afghan allies. Anyone who thinks withdrawing was going to be easy or that the former guy could have done better is just blowing smoke. After a rough start, the current administration has organized one of the largest airlifts in history.

https://www.army.mil/article/249638/...n_tells_nation
And you are okay with them filling planes with Afghanis while leaving Americans twisting in the wind? Seriously?

Old 08-26-2021, 06:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
'Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*ck things up' - Obama

Obama's most accurate statement.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:09 PM

4,514 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just the start bart ya all got over 7 more years with the guy so enjoy what is to come.
Until the elections aren’t rigged we’ve got until the end of your life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies