Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 08:45 AM

6,121 posts, read 3,347,968 times

Advertisements

I would like to believe this is true, but I don’t.

I think the Democratic base is enjoying seeing us fail in Afghanistan, enjoying the deaths of US Military members. Also, many POC see Afghanistan as a “white person” war started by George W, and they don’t care what happens.

These Democrats hate America and hate themselves, and it gives them much joy to see all of us outraged by what Biden has done.

The base consists of people who voted for Ilhan Omar, AOC, Tlaib, and they all can’t stand the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 08:45 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
you know that the last two administrations wanted to get out.

You know that polls in April showed that Americans wanted out of Afghanistan.

I suspect now there is -- maybe we shouldn't leave just yet -- thinking if we stay we can bring stability, etc....but reality --- that chaos is going to happen if we leave now or five years from now.
so tiring to hear you pretend over and over and over again that getting out is what anyone has a problem with

it's HOW IT WAS DONE. THAT'S WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

i have no confidence whatsoever that this simple explanation will cause you to cease lying about this, but at least i tried.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:47 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think if it as easy as you think, Trump would have gotten it done by November. He had been working on the withdrawal since 2019...working deals with the Taliban, sending more equipment to the Afghans and training them. None of this is meant to be a criticism of what Trump did. It's just stating that it wasn't so easy......

The rapid fall of the Afghan government was not predicted and created the chaos that ensued. That was not in anybody's plans and that's what set up the chaos.

We can all be armchair critics. -- It's easy to do that.

We have no clue what would have happened IF......and fill in whatever scenario you want.
Last time I checked Trump is not the President and in charge of the US armed forces as of January 2021.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:19 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Biden lost his re-election in Afghanistan.

All he has to do now is resign to save what’s left of his credibility.

5 decades of political experience down the drain.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:50 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The USA was attacked and we responded in kind. There is no reason we should not have done that. This thread has nothing to do with the merit of going in though. This thread is about Biden's plummeting approval rating as a direct result of his massively botched withdrawal.

We got Osama. That's what we set out to do and according to the military, we accomplished that. When the job is done, it's time to pack up and get out in an orderly, safe manner. That part of the mission fell on Biden's watch and became his responsibility. By all accounts, no matter who you ask, if they have a brain, they are going to tell you Biden messed that up royally.

Based on all the reports and information we as citizens have access to, it certainly does look like Biden botched the withdrawal. I've heard no one successfully defend it. Very few even bother trying. I would definitely believe that his base is running away from this train wreck of an administration, because the burden of trying to defend them and their incompetence is just too great. The best they can do is the typical low IQ, low effort "BuTt TrUmP!" deflection crapT, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Biden is now president, and all of this stuff is happening on Biden's watch. It's his responsibility, and even he has owned up to it... So there's not much that his base can say to defend it.
We see this all to often on these pages and it means zero but yet is still thrown out there as if were some part of reality which it is not.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:53 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I’m for a withdrawal.
We should have never been there in the first place.

It just shocks me that this was not planned better.
I mean how dumb is this.
Any sophomore worth their salt could have done a better job problem solving this but yet our president can’t figure this out.

What a vacant shell of a person.
Still we see it posted here that "Trump would not have done any better" when the truth is that almost anybody could have done/known better than Biden's choice of executing this.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martel_88 View Post
Interesting….. the Afghanistan debacle the gift that keeps on giving

Biden loses his base on Afghanistan

President Joe Biden is in the midst of the roughest stretch of his presidency -- with evacuation operations continuing through Tuesday in Afghanistan under the threat of further terrorist attacks -- having failed to convince even members of his own party that he's on the right course.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/biden-lose...100018913.html
So why won't he extend? Maybe China is telling Joe what to do....as many of us predicted since HE WAS IN BED WITH THEM BEFORE THE ELECTION.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:04 AM

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so tiring to hear you pretend over and over and over again that getting out is what anyone has a problem with

it's HOW IT WAS DONE. THAT'S WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

i have no confidence whatsoever that this simple explanation will cause you to cease lying about this, but at least i tried.
I am going to start blocking these nonsensical posters. I already have a list of them blocked. Sometimes it's just fun to see how ridiculous they get.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:38 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times
Great Britain, Russia, and the US have all had a swing at Afghanistan. Now it's China's turn. Although a Chinese intervention would probably be a brutal, no-nonsense affair that would get the UN involved in investigations.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:56 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Biden's base is pissed off at him for the withdraw but he won't lose them. This is true of both left and right.....foreign policy disasters fall down the infamous American memory hole faster than domestic issues. It was Katrina that hurt Bush the most during his presidency than it was Iraq. Reagan had a debacle in Beirut in 1983 that was long forgotten by the next year. Once the Afghanistan withdraw is complete the US will be out of a country it did not want to be in according to almost ALL polls regardless of how sloppy the campaign was. The GOP will do everything it can to make it stick but this story is going to get smaller. You will still have stories of people that got trapped.....but it wont have the impact it does now. Covid is Biden's biggest threat with his base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies