Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 11:52 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsangel2 View Post
Those fired for cause (violating company mandate) don't qualify for unemployment.
Depends on the state, but in general, a person has to being fired for gross negligence to not be eligible, not simply fired for violating any ole rule. It is not that easy for companies, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 02:57 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I can't for the life of me understand how it's possible that large organizations with lots of money haven't figured out full-time, permanent WFH by now. They've been doing it for a year and a half. There are employers out there that don't even have offices anymore, and they're not like 5-person startups.
I suspect a lot of companies feel that collaboration is very much lost doing everything via zoom meetings, And that's a big part of the work culture.

With that said, I would think WFH would be the new normal. Clearly the company is aware of the fact that people that are vaccinated are still contracting the Delta Variant. The weekly infections really shouldn't have been a surprise for them.

Insisting on fully vaccinated people with no other protocols in play will undoubtedly result in the same events that happened to my wife's company. Ultimately, vaccinated or not, if companies are not requiring mask wearing and distancing, and have good HVAC systems, it's not going to matter if someone got a shot.

The logic of this is certainly confounding.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:40 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydraid View Post
They dont care... Whatever they think they can force on people MORE will be what they try.......
You can bet that the high risk people will be takers. Otherwise the recommendation for the general population is quite optional. And right now mainly related to the Pfizer vaccine pooping out early.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:35 AM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I suspect a lot of companies feel that collaboration is very much lost doing everything via zoom meetings, And that's a big part of the work culture.

With that said, I would think WFH would be the new normal. Clearly the company is aware of the fact that people that are vaccinated are still contracting the Delta Variant. The weekly infections really shouldn't have been a surprise for them.

Insisting on fully vaccinated people with no other protocols in play will undoubtedly result in the same events that happened to my wife's company. Ultimately, vaccinated or not, if companies are not requiring mask wearing and distancing, and have good HVAC systems, it's not going to matter if someone got a shot.

The logic of this is certainly confounding.
Plus, people who are immune due to previous infection are considered to be in the same category as an unvaccinated person.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Plus, people who are immune due to previous infection are considered to be in the same category as an unvaccinated person.
The Delta and other mutations do muddle the issue, but proof of immunity is bound to change over time as more relatively cheap and easy testing becomes better studied and approved. And that takes time.

https://www.t-detect.com/

Old 09-02-2021, 09:39 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
My workplace offered cash incentives for those who got the vaccine. But new studies( Israel) and others ( Great Britain) conclude that if you had Covid and recovered but didn't get the vaxx you are more immune to Covid than the vaccinated. Plus no side effects or need for a booster.
I think they should offer the same cash incentive to NOT get the vaccine. That's complete discrimination.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My workplace offered cash incentives for those who got the vaccine. But new studies( Israel) and others ( Great Britain) conclude that if you had Covid and recovered but didn't get the vaxx you are more immune to Covid than the vaccinated. Plus no side effects or need for a booster.
I think they should offer the same cash incentive to NOT get the vaccine. That's complete discrimination.
'Plus no side effects'?

lol

Old 09-02-2021, 10:02 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
'Plus no side effects'?

lol
What's so funny about that?

Old 09-02-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Yes and those really are the ones who shouldnt take it as it may compromise thier immune system further!
You trolling me?

lol

Old 09-02-2021, 04:05 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
No no,im sorry....... Im just really concerned about people.......
most of the posters here who believe the govt about the covid vaccine don't care about anyone else. Its what America has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies