Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 02:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
To say it AGAIN, vaccinated people can spread the virus. From the CDC itself: " People infected with the Delta variant, including fully vaccinated people with symptomatic breakthrough infections, can transmit the virus to others." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...a-variant.html

(Sorry, I see that others beat me to it.)

Have you never heard of "breakthrough" cases? 1,400 Americans have died as of a month ago, according to NBD News? ?https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-have-n1275500
Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 02:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Already happening. I have a friend that was a nurse or something like that. He retired at the beg of the year and they begged for him to come back. He said F no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYM1uQ7QrTc

Old 08-30-2021, 02:37 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,750,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
And I would suggest making the vaccine mandatory for collecting unemployment insurance, food stamps, and all other government handouts.

What the heck is wrong with Americans, during WWII we ALL pitched in, where is that loyalty to country gone?

Your right to not be inconvenienced by getting vaccinated and wearing a mask ends where endangering others begin.
Why post the unvaccinated aren't wearing masks? Everyone I know who is unvaccinated is wearing a mask and social distancing. You are probably safer with them than the unmasked vaccinated who are out in public catching Delta!

Old 08-30-2021, 02:39 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
I’m just a lowly substitute teacher - well, was. I resigned. Not taking the vaccine, especially as I had Covid already. The second option is bi-weekly testing. Un-huh, don’t think so. Particularly for a measly $100 per day, with tests costing $75 each.

Our district will now vote on raising that amount to $120 a day. Still not taking the vaccine. You’d have to pay me millions, so that if I happened to be one of the unlucky few who died, at least my kids would be financially taken care of.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm sorry but no country can FORCE anyone to take in medicine into their bodies, I don't care if fDA approved or not. That is each individual's choice to make....not the governments. I have personally gotten the vaccine but I respect everyone has the choice and if one doesn't get it, then so be it. That's their choice. It's called Freedom of Choice.
Yes, it is freedom of choice to get vaccinated or not, but also a companies choice if they want everyone vaccinated.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:45 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
And I would suggest making the vaccine mandatory for collecting unemployment insurance, food stamps, and all other government handouts.

What the heck is wrong with Americans, during WWII we ALL pitched in, where is that loyalty to country gone?

Your right to not be inconvenienced by getting vaccinated and wearing a mask ends where endangering others begin.
Fortunately....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRZ5c6I-vo

Old 08-30-2021, 02:49 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,750,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I’m just a lowly substitute teacher - well, was. I resigned. Not taking the vaccine, especially as I had Covid already. The second option is bi-weekly testing. Un-huh, don’t think so. Particularly for a measly $100 per day, with tests costing $75 each.

Our district will now vote on raising that amount to $120 a day. Still not taking the vaccine. You’d have to pay me millions, so that if I happened to be one of the unlucky few who died, at least my kids would be financially taken care of.
Sorry you had to resign, but I don't blame you under those circumstances. Do they allow you to get your own testing kits from Amazon or CVS (much cheaper) ? Parents in my neighborhood are talking about leaving their kids home from school if there is mandatory vaccination for kids. You could tutor if that comes to fruition.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:53 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Why post the unvaccinated aren't wearing masks? Everyone I know who is unvaccinated is wearing a mask and social distancing. You are probably safer with them than the unmasked vaccinated who are out in public catching Delta!
Exactly right....

Old 08-30-2021, 02:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
If more and more companies mandate it though people might just comply out of fear of not finding another job that doesn’t mandate it. Or a company that will end up mandating it later.
That doesn't really sound like the typical style of American freedom !!! To increase the fear among the population is not the cornerstone of freedom that should be desired !!!

It sounds like the government and corporate America has replaced the consent of the people with fear for your life !!!

Old 08-30-2021, 02:54 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
They're not infectious if they're not sick.
Provide evidence for this statement please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies