Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:45 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,236,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThunder21 View Post
Idk how hating people that are different is something to see as an achievement…
You might want to look in the mirror. Leftists are the most intolerant and hateful of anyone that think differently from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 09:47 AM

25,838 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's not about the "communism" - not at all.

Russians think that the West's cultures commit suicide, volunteerly so, and Russians want no part of it.
You say that, yet the government in the USSR tried their hardest to erase Russian culture. Luckily, they didn't succeed.

Also, ask just about anyone who escaped Russian communism. It certainly WAS about communism.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:02 AM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Russians think that the West's cultures commit suicide, volunteerly so, and Russians want no part of it.
I'm not sure a country where the probability that a man dies before reaching 55 is 25% has anything to teach anyone on the concept of cultural suicide.

Russia is like a dying town in fly-over country writ large - steeped in pride over past glory days, clinging ferociously to old ways in matters of religion and prejudice, watching the world pass them by while failing more and more to provide for their own. Being run by a small group of old men who've parked themselves solidly in power whom it's dangerous to challenge. And looking at the far-away modern places with equal parts hate and envy.

Too bad, really.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:03 AM

19,066 posts, read 27,642,285 times
Honestly, I'd be more curious, how Yobidayobi was allowed to register such name.
Basically, it's slightly changed f..kandf...k translation.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:18 AM

26,807 posts, read 22,587,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You say that, yet the government in the USSR tried their hardest to erase Russian culture. Luckily, they didn't succeed.

Not exactly true.

It's a myth, that Russians were trying to erase everyone's "national identities" within the USSR, ( their own including.) If it were true, none of those former republics that broke away, would be able to speak their native tongues now or to retain their original cultures.

Quote:
Also, ask just about anyone who escaped Russian communism. It certainly WAS about communism.
I don't need to ask anyone.

I am one of those people.

But things that I'd tell you might be not what you want ( or prepared) exactly to hear.

Last edited by erasure; 09-11-2021 at 10:58 AM..

Old 09-11-2021, 10:23 AM

25,838 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Not exactly true.

It's a myth, that Russians were trying to erase everyone's "national identities" within the USSR, ( their own including.) If it were true, none of those former republics that broke away, wouldn't be able to speak their native tongues now or to retain its original culture.

I don't need to ask anyone.

I am one of those people.

But things that I'd tell you might be not what you want ( or prepared) exactly to hear.
As with people in general, opinions vary. There are people who loved life under the USSR. Sounds like you may be one of them.

But, those I worked with who had escaped the USSR were not at all flattering in their description of what it was like or what their lives were like there. If fact, I recall self-reflecting after hearing some of it and thinking to myself how weak I really am--I would probably just have committed suicide rather than going through what they went through to get out of that hellhole.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm not sure a country where the probability that a man dies before reaching 55 is 25% has anything to teach anyone on the concept of cultural suicide.

They are not "teaching" anyone.

They just refuse to follow the "trend" that some are trying to enforce on them.

Quote:
Russia is like a dying town in fly-over country writ large - steeped in pride over past glory days, clinging ferociously to old ways in matters of religion and prejudice, watching the world pass them by while failing more and more to provide for their own.

That's what you'd like to believe.

The reality is quite, quite different.

Quote:
Being run by a small group of old men who've parked themselves solidly in power whom it's dangerous to challenge.

Actually, as ironic as it is, it were the American democrats (namely Clintons) that helped them to park there.

Quote:
And looking at the far-away modern places with equal parts hate and envy.

Too bad, really.

Those "far away modern places" are going down the tube, and going fast.
Too bad, really.

Russians are well aware of it, and they are actually not happy about it.

They are concerned for the whites there.

Literally so.

And this goes for everything - be that the "LGBT movement" ( which destroys the traditional families, and thus procreation,) or the exodus of the Middle Easterners/Africans to Europe.

And it's not that Russians are even hateful of these people - they just perceive the destruction of those places by Americans ( and the exodus as the result of it) as a very wrong thing, that threatens Europeans. They prefer people to have happier lives in the original places of their birth instead.

Russians have different philosophy, when it comes to the whole "racial thing," and they don't buy the current "politically correct" Western propaganda in this respect.

As much as they were the multi-ethnic society for centuries themselves.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As with people in general, opinions vary. There are people who loved life under the USSR. Sounds like you may be one of them.

Thank you, at least you recognize that.

And since there were people "who loved life under the USSR," that means that there was SOMETHING to like about it, don't you think?

And no, I am not one of those people ( I actually got the political asylum in US many-many years ago,) but all my life I am trying to be as objective as possible while looking at things.

Quote:
But, those I worked with who had escaped the USSR were not at all flattering in their description of what it was like or what their lives were like there. If fact, I recall self-reflecting after hearing some of it and thinking to myself how weak I really am--I would probably just have committed suicide rather than going through what they went through to get out of that hellhole.

Here I agree with you.

People born in that part of the world tend to be much tougher than in the West.

I never thought about myself this way, until I came to this conclusion with time as well.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:19 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You said the Amazon policy dictates 40% minorities not black. Whites are about 60% of the population, mower when you include age brackets as any marketing would do, gen z are minority majority so younger people are the most wanted consumer group that makes sense.

America used to be 90% white. And when Ted Kennedy told the American people that that "ethnic makeup would not be upset/[changed]", well that was quite an egregious lie. Russians know what has happened to the majority population - a slow motion genocide, and that is what they want no part of. They are right to stand against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Russia is like a dying town in fly-over country writ large - steeped in pride over past glory days, clinging ferociously to old ways in matters of religion and prejudice, watching the world pass them by while failing more and more to provide for their own. Being run by a small group of old men who've parked themselves solidly in power whom it's dangerous to challenge. And looking at the far-away modern places with equal parts hate and envy.

Too bad, really.
But they still have a nuclear arsenal - probably the second biggest on the planet? They will always be relevant with such.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:38 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,789,235 times
But do they act professional? That's important, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies