Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 10:51 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

As some here may recall, the Texas legislature passed a ban on long list of racist teachings that are now illegal to be taught in Texas public schools. A principal at one of these schools - a racist black man - has apparently violated that law and is now has been relieved of his duties for doing so.

Quote:
Texas principal suspended after being accused of teaching critical race theory

A Texas high school principal was suspended Monday, according to the school district, following claims that he was teaching critical race theory to students.

Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District Superintendent Robin Ryan announced in a letter to parents that Colleyville Heritage High School Principal James Whitfield was placed on paid administrative leave. Whitfield said he was put on leave indefinitely "because the superintendent has 'determined that doing so is in the best interest of the District.'"
Ryan did not offer specific details regarding the suspension because it "is an ongoing personnel matter."

The suspension comes a week after the principal addressed parents' concerns at a school board meeting that he was teaching critical race theory.
Here is a post that the former principal, who could not restrain himself from trying to program children at his school with illegal and therefore banned, racist ideologies, made on Facebook. It will come as no surprise to most people that this devout racist responds by playing the race card.
"I am not the CRT (Critical Race Theory) Boogeyman," he wrote on Facebook . "I am the first African American to assume the role of Principal at my current school in its 25-year history, and I am keenly aware of how much fear this strikes in the hearts of a small minority who would much rather things go back to the way they used to be."

Finally, the tide begins to turn. This is very edifying to see accountability being enforced the right way on this, for a change. Changing school board members is a nice start, but changing and enforcing laws, and holding teachers, administrators and principals accountable is real progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 10:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
"I am not the CRT (Critical Race Theory) Boogeyman," he wrote on Facebook . "I am the first African American to assume the role of Principal at my current school in its 25-year history, and I am keenly aware of how much fear this strikes in the hearts of a small minority who would much rather things go back to the way they used to be."

If he's keenly aware why does he support the party of Jim Crow?

Old 08-31-2021, 11:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As some here may recall, the Texas legislature passed a ban on long list of racist teachings that are now illegal to be taught in Texas public schools. A principal at one of these schools - a racist black man - has apparently violated that law and is now has been relieved of his duties for doing so.

Here is a post that the former principal, who could not restrain himself from trying to program children at his school with illegal and therefore banned, racist ideologies, made on Facebook. It will come as no surprise to most people that this devout racist responds by playing the race card.

Finally, the tide begins to turn. This is very edifying to see accountability being enforced the right way on this, for a change. Changing school board members is a nice start, but changing and enforcing laws, and holding teachers, administrators and principals accountable is real progress.
excellent. kick his sorry CRT-lovin' ass to the curb.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:15 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
We used to live in an adjoining district. For those who don’t know, this is a very expensive DFW suburb.The schools all around that area are top notch; I’m glad to see the district taking this seriously and acting on it.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We used to live in an adjoining district. For those who don’t know, this is a very expensive DFW suburb.The schools all around that area are top notch; I’m glad to see the district taking this seriously and acting on it.
No kidding. And so early in the school year too. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm interested in what exactly he was teaching that was upsetting. That area is VERY white and asian - less than 2% Black. Very conservative.

Wonder specifically what he was promoting.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
The irony is not lost that the name of the High School is "Heritage" High School.

What he was promoting, apparently, is the reality that the institutions in America (education, police, courts, employment, etc.) were inherently designed as racist, with the purpose of promoting white people and keeping others out of the path to success.

The problem that sometimes comes with that, is those telling that truth don't acknowledge the strides that have been made, and don't teach it as a history of systemic racism that largely ended by the year 2000.

It's true that American Institutions have all got a history of racial discrimination. And some teach it hasn't ended, but others insist it never was, and that history should never be taught in public schools.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...253867033.html

Old 08-31-2021, 05:51 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm interested in what exactly he was teaching that was upsetting. That area is VERY white and asian - less than 2% Black. Very conservative.

Wonder specifically what he was promoting.

Desperate to defend him...no surprise there.

I'm guessing you were far less curious when Trump was accused of being a Russian spy and Cavanaugh was accused of rape.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:57 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
Cancel culture run amok

Old 08-31-2021, 05:58 PM

162 posts, read 60,524 times
I saw this on a story a month ago, and I've been dying for a place to finally use it

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies