Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 11:06 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
What? I just saw Joe on TV and he told me everything is going great. This economy is singing!
The Dow is 35K+, unemployment is 5.2%, GDP for Q2 is +6.6%.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 11:08 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
We need to stop paying young adults (or mid-stage adults) to refuse to accept jobs. THAT is how we will meet our workforce needs. Seems like liberals want to bribe Americans to go on the dole (for the votes) and then bring in swarms of illegals to do the work needed.
This times eleventy billion. Plus no welfare for unlawful immigrants.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:10 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, about a third of the country is paralyzed by fear of COVID, induced by the lying media/DNC. They are afraid to work, prefer collecting unemployment, or both.

Then get a freaking vaccine shot. I realize its not 100% but as a nurse, I work with about 200 patients a day for the past two years. I take precautions and got vaccinated. I could be dead next week of COVID but after 2 years, barely a sniffle. If you are paralyzed by fear you have probably been listing to too many anti-vaxers lies and propaganda. You can be safe and work. About 2/3s of the country does it every day.

And in my experience, its not the media/DNC. Its conservative church leaders and Trump worshipers that would rather take cattle de-wormer instead of a proven vaccine. As usual, conservatives like to blame anyone else for their own short comings. Specifically when their lies and propaganda becomes more obvious by the day.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:13 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
The free market which you embraced is working like you want it to. People are not accepting $11 or $18 an hour. They are creating their own businesses and telling the evil sentinel bosses to stuff it!

The government bribing former employees? Really? This is planet earth. Doesn't make sense.
Government intervention is the exact opposite of a free market. How can you sit there and claim that "the free market is working like you want it to" when you're responding to a post explaining that it's not a free market? Do you even understand the concept? No, you don't. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:25 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
235,000 actual vs. 728,000 est. Discuss

Another bad report under the current fascist administration. I don't think they are going to reach the 3.6% UE that was reported under the previous administration despite them being handed the keys to a recovering/growing economy after the plandemic.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:26 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
June - 850,000
July - 943,000

then Delta variant hit:

August - 235,000

Get vaccinated, you idiots!
Pfizer vaccine is only 42% effective against Delta.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:32 AM

831 posts, read 333,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Then get a freaking vaccine shot. I realize its not 100% but as a nurse, I work with about 200 patients a day for the past two years. I take precautions and got vaccinated. I could be dead next week of COVID but after 2 years, barely a sniffle. If you are paralyzed by fear you have probably been listing to too many anti-vaxers lies and propaganda. You can be safe and work. About 2/3s of the country does it every day.

And in my experience, its not the media/DNC. Its conservative church leaders and Trump worshipers that would rather take cattle de-wormer instead of a proven vaccine. As usual, conservatives like to blame anyone else for their own short comings. Specifically when their lies and propaganda becomes more obvious by the day.
And after almost 2 years NO vaccine, NOT changing a single thing I did, not wearing a mask I am PERFECTLY fine. Damn immune system, never a vaccine in my life. UGH!

Old 09-03-2021, 11:32 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
If you are paralyzed by fear you have probably been listing to too many anti-vaxers lies and propaganda.
LOL

That's quite a remarkable thing for someone in your profession to say, considering that the overwhelming majority of lies and propaganda has been coming from, well, your side.

Seriously, doc. Complain all you like about people who you think are misinformed about the shots being marketed as vaccines. Have at it. Blare your free medical advice far and wide.

But when are you going to address the elephant in the room, and start complaining about the severity of restrictions compared with the risk presented by the virus? When are you going to complain about the smear campaigns against two safe, common drugs?

When are you, as a doctor, going to attack the politicization of the virus, instead of people who may have been victimized by that politicization? Don't you see that you're going after the wrong people? You probably don't. You're probably just as manipulated as everyone else. You'll probably volunteer to push me into the boxcar, when the time comes.

ETA: Somehow I missed this:
Quote:
cattle de-wormer
You just completely eliminated any amount of respect I may have had for you as a medical professional. COMPLETELY ELIMINATED it. You're a whackadoo, just like everyone else.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:41 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I'd say the economists were big time WRONG in their predictions.

Don't they see the pandemic and increasing case numbers all over the world ?
You can't use the pandemic as an excuse. There are no more forced shutdowns. America is "open for business".

Old 09-03-2021, 11:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
June - 850,000
July - 943,000

then Delta variant hit:

August - 235,000

Get vaccinated, you idiots!
Delta cannot be used as an excuse. There is no forced shutdown of the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies