Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 02:04 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,989,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
People always have the 'right' to wear a mask if they want or need to. There are people who are immunocompromised, who have genetic lung disease, like Cystic Fibrosis, where catching a cold could be deadly. There are people who have received or are waiting for organ transplants, they are given strict instructions to mask-up when outside their home. Really, no lack of health issues where it's important to minimize exposure. And if anti-maskers don't like it, too damn bad. There's a segment of the population who always have to take precautions due to chronic health issues.
"Antimaskers" arent the ones who care if you wear a mask or get a vaccine....

Old 09-10-2021, 04:15 AM

51,660 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
Someone has bought into the fear mongering.

Instead of being angry with free US citizens, direct your anger on the Chinese for allowing this virus to escape and those in our government who funded this research. Try the media as well, for pushing nonstop fear on our population.
This seems rather pointless in trying to figure out a path forward.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-10-2021 at 04:53 AM..

Old 09-10-2021, 04:52 AM

51,660 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If all “the good people” are vaccinated, why should they care that others aren’t vaccinated?

Stay in your lane.
What? This lane is about the others who aren't vaccinated. It's actually in the title.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:04 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,317,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This seems rather pointless in trying to figure out a path forward.
I think "trust in government" would increase if the Biden Admin would have done the right thing and put this squarely on China where it belongs.

"we're sorry. Under prior administrations, Obama stopped GOF but the bureaucrats at NIH found themselves workarounds, and sadly, we helped fund the research that led to Covid. Each one of those bureaucrats has been fired and will be charged as appropriate. Covid was a manufactured virus from China. In order to defeat it, we need you to get the American-made vaccine"

Old 09-10-2021, 01:16 PM

18,191 posts, read 15,761,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
"Antimaskers" arent the ones who care if you wear a mask or get a vaccine....
Then why do we hear reports, not just on the news or social media, but right here on C-D, about being confronted because of mask-wearing?

The most recent report I read on C-D was a couple who went to the post office & some guy in front of them in line, started hassling them for being scared, blah, blah.

It's like someone who really needs to wear a mask out in public has to make sure others understand there's a reason or they are at risk of being harassed by someone else who doesn't like it.. Like a Tshirt that says "waiting for my new <heart/lungs/kidneys/etc>."

Anti-maskers are often angry about everyone else complying with masks and social distancing, being a "sheep" and "allowing the government to control them." This is a right wing and/or conservative bible-thumpers' talking point.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:31 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,257,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Start turning them away. They are free to make the choice not to vaccinate. The hospital should be free to tell them to go home and deal with their choice on their own, and not take valuable resources away from people who need them NOT through their own choice.

The antivaxxers demand their freedom. Let them have it. At home. Taking care of themselves and the consequences of their "choice."
I've moved into this camp too...you decide not to get the vaccine, then it's your own fault that you are dying from this preventable disease...you should deal w/ it on your own and not tax the hospital system.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:41 PM

17,479 posts, read 14,724,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Then why do we hear reports, not just on the news or social media, but right here on C-D, about being confronted because of mask-wearing?

The most recent report I read on C-D was a couple who went to the post office & some guy in front of them in line, started hassling them for being scared, blah, blah.

It's like someone who really needs to wear a mask out in public has to make sure others understand there's a reason or they are at risk of being harassed by someone else who doesn't like it.. Like a Tshirt that says "waiting for my new <heart/lungs/kidneys/etc>."

Anti-maskers are often angry about everyone else complying with masks and social distancing, being a "sheep" and "allowing the government to control them." This is a right wing and/or conservative bible-thumpers' talking point.
Because they're fake - just like all the fake hate crime hoaxes.

From Jussie Smollet, to the girl in Wisconsin who said she was burned by white guys to the guy in Michigan who burned down his own damn house.

There's no overabundance of people yelling at others for wearing masks.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:14 PM

20,794 posts, read 8,625,192 times
I guess all those unvaxed illegals are crowding into hospital emergency rooms. So what else is new?

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if someone only got one jab instead of two, they are classified unvaxed. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many of those so called unvaxed were in that group? We know a high percentage of double vaxed in Israel were hospitalized.

ADE = Antibody Dependent Enhancement

I wonder if each successive booster will kill more people? Time will tell.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:23 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,001,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Out of every 100 Covid deaths how many do you think have been fully vaccinated?
Good question.

Another good question, and equally, if not more relevant, is how many do you think have underlying health conditions? That is NEVER talked about. Yet it is a critical consideration when discussing covid deaths. To ignore it shows that it's not about the disease, but truly about control.

My county publishes daily covid death stats, saying whether they had underlying health conditions or not.

January Deaths: 508
January Deaths with underlying health conditions: 476

August Deaths: 211
August Deaths with underlying health conditions: 198

In over 93% of the covid deaths, the person had underlying health conditions. The argument is often made that if those folks hadn't contracted covid, they would still be alive. The equal argument should be made that if those folks had no underlying health conditions, they would still be alive. While some of those health conditions are unavoidable, such as cancer, auto-immune diseases, etc., in MANY cases the underlying health condition is obesity and the health issues that come with that.

My department at work has had quite a few covid cases, almost none this year. The only hospitalizations and resulting long-term health issues from the virus were both morbidly obese with diabetes caused by their weight. Every other person recovered completely. The only recent covid case in our department was a fully vaccinated employee that came back to work yesterday.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:37 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,514,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I guess all those unvaxed illegals are crowding into hospital emergency rooms. So what else is new?

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if someone only got one jab instead of two, they are classified unvaxed. Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many of those so called unvaxed were in that group? We know a high percentage of double vaxed in Israel were hospitalized.

ADE = Antibody Dependent Enhancement

I wonder if each successive booster will kill more people? Time will tell.
Good point. This is true. Lots of people (many elderly) had such a bad reaction to the first shot they won't get another or even their Dr.'s recommend against it. So they are not counted as fully vaccinated. I have been paying attention to how many times they use the word "fully" and that would mean they are leaving out a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies