Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 07:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Data from Israel indicates that the vaccinated are filling hospitals just as much.

As for ICU capacity, the hospitals have had 18 months to do something about it. If they didn't, that's solely and entirely on them. Maybe heads should be rolling at the leadership level at hospitals.
Idaho Hospitals Nearly Buckling in Relentless COVID Surge

The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, paralyzed and sedated, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.

Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.

With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ss-covid-surge

Old 09-04-2021, 07:33 PM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Last year we didn't have a vaccine, and young healthy people were not filling the ICUs. What changed? Several possibilities: 1. they're still not filling the ICUs but the media is putting out these stories to get people to take the vaccine. 2. the delta variant. It is more transmissible, but its risk of hospitalization at 2.3% is only slightly higher than that of alpha at 2.2%. So delta itself also does not explain ICUs being "swamped" with generally healthy people.

Something else is going on.
Yep I agree. I wouldn’t put any sinister actions beyond the ruling class money grabbing technocrat authoritarian cabal. I wouldn’t put it past them to infect people on purpose. Especially in red states. Add fake numbers and call it a crisis. Trust has disintegrated.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/carlzimme...46251549913089

Makes me really glad I'm fully vaccinated
Never mind the COVID. California wildfire SMOKE is killing us here. Cough, cough.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:48 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
All of my family are still convinced the vaccines don't work and the vaccinated are getting ill because of the Israel stories. I'm not going to push the issue on them. I'd like to get myself infected with covid right now, being 4 months past my second dose, just to get good immunity that is better than repeated boosters, or that's the ongoing theory. We shall see if natural immunity wears off. Time will tell.

Most of the reason they are against the vaccines is because they don't trust the media, given it's had an obvious bias for years and never really gives out all the information but rather picks and chooses what it wants us to hear, but it's always kind of been that way. I mean, I've met microbiologists that told me not to get the booster, saying that these mRNA vaccines are basically in massive trail mode still.

At least my father said today he sincerely hopes the mRNA vaccines work with no side effects, but at the moment he and many others simply don't trust them. Belling made a point on his show that it used to be republicans that wanted to fast track FDA approval of drugs and pass "right to try" laws because they thought it took too long to get drug approvals in this country, and the liberals were the ones who were against that. It's funny to see the positions swap when it comes to these vaccines.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:49 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, paralyzed and sedated, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.

Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.

With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.
Hopefully there is an investigation as to why their hospitals are run so poorly.
And Oh look the opinion writer had to throw in "deeply conservative state". Nah covid isnt polical at all

Old 09-04-2021, 07:58 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:

And just think... Thousands of California residents monthly will stop at nothing, to be able to live in Idaho. Go figure.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I live in Idaho. Our gov seems worried but we still have same mask mandates since June. And I haven’t worn one since then. Idahoans are not sissy’s and are just leading normal lives. Nothing different
In other words, they believe in the need to brave up and face the virus without taking any precautions, such as wearing masks. They also realize that even if they catch it that it will probably be only a very mild and brief illness.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:06 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:

Someone at St. Luke's in Boise needs to be fired then.

Old 09-04-2021, 09:33 PM

11,482 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Wait. The mass of people dying from Covid 19 alpha were old and had co-morbidities, often multiple co-morbidities.

Now some doctor is claiming that Covid 19 is killing "generally healthy people who simply didn’t get vaccinated".

Bullcrap. I am not buying it. Doesn't pass the smell test. I get that if a huge number of elderly with co-morbidities die off, since they can't die twice, the next wave of deaths will probably be in people somewhat marginally younger and somewhat marginally healthier with marginally less health issues. But to say these are healthy people. Bullcrap. I am not buying it.

Not unless China has released a new and completely different bio-weapon, in which case vaccination for Covid 19 alpha would be useless in any event.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:01 AM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Wait. The mass of people dying from Covid 19 alpha were old and had co-morbidities, often multiple co-morbidities.

Now some doctor is claiming that Covid 19 is killing "generally healthy people who simply didn’t get vaccinated".

Bullcrap. I am not buying it. Doesn't pass the smell test. I get that if a huge number of elderly with co-morbidities die off, since they can't die twice, the next wave of deaths will probably be in people somewhat marginally younger and somewhat marginally healthier with marginally less health issues. But to say these are healthy people. Bullcrap. I am not buying it.

Not unless China has released a new and completely different bio-weapon, in which case vaccination for Covid 19 alpha would be useless in any event.
If the numerator (younger people dying) stays the same and the denominator (total deaths) decreases, the percent of younger deaths is going to rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies