Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 05:04 PM

1,095 posts, read 886,426 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of available jobs. When the unemployment ends, they get JOBS!

Landlords. There is no ilk I would rather be rid of. They buy up all the property so nobody can buy a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 05:31 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,614,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
And I'm sure that business mandates the vaccine! You want people to go back to work? Stop mandating that damned vaccine.
I doubt it was mandated. The job market was like this before the vaccine was officially approved.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-05-2021, 06:16 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,651,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I know how unemployment is paid.

I want that poster to answer the question because he believes the government creates wealth.

It only steals and redistributes it as it sees fit.

Cons/Republicans believe those who collect unemployment are “on the dole”. In reality they are only getting their own money paid back to them either through direct taxation or added costs by employers (I’m a business owner myself).

Knowledge is power!
Perhaps it's true that you actually know how the system works. However, that is not the way it looked from the post I responded too. Here is exactly what you said in your post to the other user:

[quote]You took unemployment from the government?

I didn’t think cons/Republicans were allowed to do that?[quote]

So that post had nothing to do with what you are talking about. I even went back and looked through all the posts. Nowhere did the user express the views you claim you were questioning him about. The user simply explained what he experienced when he was on unemployment. You responded with the quote above. Thus, it absolutely did not seem like you knew where the money for unemployment came from. However, if I misunderstood your post as a sign of ignorance on the subject of unemployment, I absolutely apologize.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:27 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,651,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Said the armed robber.

Don’t steal in the first place.
I genuinely applaud your point of view on these matters Recess, and I understand where these comments are coming from. However, short of revolution, what can we do about this particular problem? This is an honest question and I would truly like to hear your views. We are a people ruled over by a system of government, and that system allows this government to pretty much take from the people whatever it decides it wants. What path do you feel we should take to reign in this beast and take back some of the freedom we have lost over the last 200 years? Most people say "work within the system" to bring about change. I believe that's impossible, because the system is built in such a way that small changes, such as changes in leadership/policies, are not enough to actually affect change throughout the system itself. What I'm asking is do you have ideas on things we as a people can do to truly change our position short of open revolt/revolution?

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to spark a revolution with my post. Please call back the re-education squad.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:16 PM

4,428 posts, read 1,717,477 times
Pretty judgemental thread. Lol.

I dont think the jobs numbers are going to change much, but I expect a lot of evictions.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:32 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
Many of the fast food places are offering the $15 an hour and people still won't go to work.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:00 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I don't have the time or desire to hunt it down but a few months ago I saw a news story that said basically you could keep collecting unemployment if you felt "uncomfortable" returning to work due to fear of catching covid. No need to even apply for jobs.
Under Biden, it went further-you could quit your job if you were "uncomfortable" about Covid and still get the handouts.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:13 PM

4,239 posts, read 2,474,391 times
I'm not sure what happens next, but an eviction crisis would be a political catastrophe- for both the Democrats and Republicans. I don't believe they would let that happen, they'll just bail everyone out.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:17 PM

865 posts, read 443,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
There are plenty of available jobs. When the unemployment ends, they get JOBS!

Landlords. There is no ilk I would rather be rid of. They buy up all the property so nobody can buy a home.
That’s hilarious. They don’t get first dibs on properties listed for sale. Anyway wanting to buy them can make an offer.

Not to mention that’s like saying I can’t stand owner occupied homeowners. They buy up all the properties so there are less rentals available to rent.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:39 PM

34,093 posts, read 17,152,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Pretty judgemental thread. Lol.

I dont think the jobs numbers are going to change much, but I expect a lot of evictions.
When one wastes an extra $600/wk for several quarters, plus $300 / wk extra several quarters, instead of paying rent, one earns being evicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies