Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 03:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

LBear, please go troll elsewhere, this is a thread about California OKing Gay Marriage, not a diatribe about your god.

Please, again, take it to the religion forum.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:40 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Your position if foolish and completely atrocious.
The moderator has cautioned you against this exact method of arguing your points.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:54 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Your anger is probably sourced in your desire for the world to make sense. There must be rules, something conceptual or tangible to use to guide your life. You appear to have found your absolute truth but it's only applicable to you. No one has the Answer (insert angelic chorus) because none of us have all the information. To be honest, I too am uncomfortable with this predicament. But part of personal and spiritual growth is accepting that a conclusion based on limited information may no longer be valid.

What doesn't make sense is your constant and blatant foolish ideology that produces the most stupid and ignorant world view there is. Your world view destroys yourself and others, and in the end, it will destroy your eternal existence and your soul.

Quote:
You appear to have found your absolute truth but it's only applicable to you.
Absolute truth is APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE. To be ABSOLUTE means that it does not change and it is APPLICABLE to ALL people, at ALL times.

You are basically stating that truth is relative to each individual. That something true for me is not true for you. That is completely stupid.

Is it not an absolute truth that if you jump out a 20th story window, the absolute truth of gravity will make you plummet to the ground and get crushed? Of course it is. One cannot say that the absolute truth of gravity is, "only applicable to you" and not others.

Quote:
Morality is NOT absolute and no amount of religious texts can disprove that. Yes, I agree it sounds "abysmal" to use your term. What are we to make of the world? Well, the answer to that is to be truthful to our own morality, the one born of our own experience and background. We are, after all, ultimately only responsible for ourselves.
The above is some of the most stupid comments ever uttered. Your world view is about as logical as drilling holes in ones head to let in more air.

Quote:
Well, the answer to that is to be truthful to our own morality, the one born of our own experience and background. We are, after all, ultimately only responsible for ourselves.
So, if ones "own experience and background" in the area of morals is to hate, beat and murder other races. That their morality is derived from their own opinion, experience and background. That this morality allows them to beat and murder races besides theres. As it is morally OK to them to do so.

According to your completely stupid and foolish world view/philosophy, it is a MORAL THING for them to do that. Their MORALITY is to beat and murder people. Accodring you YOU, MHOUS, "morality is NOT absolute". So to beat and murder other people is OK.

You need to STOP, THINK and LISTEN to the utter stupidity you are typing. It is SO FOOLISH.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 PM

LBear, do you want to get this thread shut down, because that's what's going to happen. TAKE IT TO THE RELIGION FORUM, if you want to continue your diatribe.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
LBear, please go troll elsewhere, this is a thread about California OKing Gay Marriage, not a diatribe about your god.

Please, again, take it to the religion forum.
You need to examine your philosophy in life because it is completely foolish. Your world view is completely foolish.

Gay marriage is WRONG because God says it is wrong. Case closed.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
LBear, do you want to get this thread shut down, because that's what's going to happen. TAKE IT TO THE RELIGION FORUM, if you want to continue your diatribe.
No "diatribe" here. You are arguing FOR gay marriage and I am arguing AGAINST IT. Your reasons are based on faulty world views and your faulty opinions. My reasons are based on ABSOLUTE TRUTH and GOD.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
You need to examine your philosophy in life because it is completely foolish. Your world view is completely foolish.

I guess there's little that isn't foolish to you. At this junction, my vote is for you to keep going because I'm enjoying this. Hard to deny how amusing it is.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Fine, then why not leave the thread if you've had your say.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:21 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:

First, prove that your God's word is in any objective way superior to my God's word and then I'll think about paying attention to what your sky daddy is telling you.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:23 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:
No "diatribe" here. You are arguing FOR gay marriage and I am arguing AGAINST IT. Your reasons are based on faulty world views and your faulty opinions. My reasons are based on ABSOLUTE TRUTH and GOD.
No, dear. MY reasons are based on MY GOD'S ABSOLUTE TRUTH and MY GOD DISAGREES with your god.

Now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies