Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:06 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So if you were inclined to be able to do a little research. You would find those red states -- the most 'industrious communities' are the urban centers -- that most likely vote blue.

So thank you blue voting people for making our cities produce hard working people.
Indeed. Over two thirds of the the nation's GDP is produced in counties that vote blue.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:08 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
When I was on vacation I was shocked how little work they got done patching a small area of broken up asphalt along the road by my father's house. It was maybe a 30 foot by 6 foot area and they managed to get half of it done while standing around half the day and then they were gone the rest of the week. Chuckle.

Even the republicans know how to pace themselves... don't kid yourself we all do it... because if you don't employers will push you to the bone, but this was rather excessive.
Well in that case you could through in government employees along with the leftie factor.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:17 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
It makes sense that red states are harder working. Red areas are made up mostly of agriculture and manufacturing whereas blue areas are mostly tech services. All the resources that these urban liberals consume comes from the work of rural and small town conservatives. Whereas people in blue urban centers can drive five minutes to the grocery store and pick up their meat and bread, red rural residents have to make the bread and raise the cow. They have to manufacture the materials that blue urban centers then take to make themselves more comfortable. Red America is the back bone of the U.S. that allow blue cities to exist. If red areas weren't full of hard working people, cities would cease to exist.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:28 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo

Folks think they’re entitled to what other folks have.
For myself, I am quite comfortable. I have lived a long life which had it's ups and downs but I am doing well. I do not feel so confident about the prospects for my grandchildren.

The productivity gains of the last several decades have been hoarded by the top 5%, that is not healthy and it is breeding a dangerous situation.

I am pointing out a serious problem and we ignore it at our own peril.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:33 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
And red states take more from the federal government they then receive. Blue states have to prop up the red states and actually give them money. So so much for calling people lazy.
Those on welfare are far more likely to vote blue.

If you want to change the state to state ratio to more even, then support a flat tax. Blue states tend to have higher costs of living and more 1%ers.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:08 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
I bet they also get paid less for all that hard work too.

I remember a woman telling W she worked 3 jobs to get by and he said it was “real American of her”

Damn shame.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
For myself, I am quite comfortable. I have lived a long life which had it's ups and downs but I am doing well. I do not feel so confident about the prospects for my grandchildren.

The productivity gains of the last several decades have been hoarded by the top 5%, that is not healthy and it is breeding a dangerous situation.

I am pointing out a serious problem and we ignore it at our own peril.
Get educated, better oneself, and they too will be comfortable.

Nobody is entitled to what other folks have. Work to acquire it.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Police Officers, Fire Fighters, Military personnel, and tradesmen make this country tick. Imagine just imagine if they got together and said fu we aren’t working for the next month or 2?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Police Officers, Fire Fighters, Military personnel, and tradesmen make this country tick. Imagine just imagine if they got together and said fu we aren’t working for the next month or 2?
Bingo

I’d love to see police officers and military personnel take off for at least 2 months.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:38 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I found this funny :

Americans are hard workers, averaging 1,767 hours per year, according to the World Economic Forum, but fewer than Mexicans by more than 350 hours.

The RED states are using illegal Mexicans to cover up their real productivity rates!

Having worked alongside Mexican immigrants, they’re no joke on the job site. In my prime, I could work circles around most Americans, mainly because I grew up on a farm and was used to back breaking labor as a matter of course. Just about every Mexican I worked with could at least keep up with me, and several made me look weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies