Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 11:54 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,728 times

Advertisements

Texans were asked the question, "Thinking about the state of Texas, do you think that things are headed in the right direction, or do you think that things are headed off on the wrong track?"

The percentage of respondents who thought it was heading in the right or wrong direction was tied even at 42% in April of this year. The most recent poll in August, shows that skyrocketing to a 17% gap, with 52% saying Texas is heading in the wrong direction, and only 35% saying it's heading in the right direction. The percent of republicans who think Texas is heading in the wrong direction has increased by 10% in the last month alone.

It seems like it's time for Texas's legislatures to re-think some of their decisions.

Source Here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 11:57 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
I'm betting that no other corporations are going to think about moving to Dallas Austin or Houston with the new anti-abortion law. That extremist stuff turns off both moderates as well as liberals

Old 09-05-2021, 12:01 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm betting that no other corporations are going to think about moving to Dallas Austin or Houston with the new anti-abortion law. That extremist stuff turns off both moderates as well as liberals
Let us revisit this thread in 5 years.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:01 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,358,943 times
I don’t really care about other people and their stance on abortion, has nothing to do with me. God will sort it all out on Judgment Day.

But I do find it odd that Democrats are so adamant about killing a human life, they actually seem blood thirsty about it all.

Again, I couldn’t care in the least what other people do as long as it doesn’t affect me negatively.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:08 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t really care about other people and their stance on abortion, has nothing to do with me. God will sort it all out on Judgment Day.

But I do find it odd that Democrats are so adamant about killing a human life, they actually seem blood thirsty about it all.

Again, I couldn’t care in the least what other people do as long as it doesn’t affect me negatively.
A fetus isn't a human life (especially if it's first trimester, can't survive outside the womb)

Old 09-05-2021, 12:18 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Texas is trying to turn their state into a religious extremist state where the state will impose religious beliefs on their citizens. Only 32% support overturning Roe vr Wade. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ost-americans/

Old 09-05-2021, 12:21 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,257 times
Quote:
A fetus isn't a human life (especially if it's first trimester, can't survive outside the womb)
Why are you speaking Latin?

Old 09-05-2021, 12:48 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,597 times
This poll was done before the abortion law hit the news. I would probably also say Texas is headed in the wrong direction because of all the illegal migrants coming in. The question is not clear if they are asking about the state legislature and government or if they're asking about what is happening (covid, inflation, migrants, etc.)

Old 09-05-2021, 07:21 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Incorrect. The legal precedent that a fetus is a human life has already been set by fetal homicide laws. Those who kill a fetus regardless of whether the mother is killed or not are charged with murder or at least manslaughter.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:58 AM

6,749 posts, read 6,740,737 times
Quote:
Turns me off but not sure of the impact on corporate relocations. If Newsom is recalled then it could have an impact given how poisonous he's been for California corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies