Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 06:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We need to understand that the rhetoric and the divide will never change as long as one of the major political parties need a villain and a boogeyman to advance its platform... that would be the Democrat party.

They do not even attempt to try and make one's life better with their legislation. The major planks in their platform is fear and shame. They promote fear as a means to gain authority. They direct shame and threats towards their political enemies.

Think about it... when have you heard the big wigs in the Democrat party ever try to advance the financial balance sheet of the middle class? ...try to advance the outcome of small businesses? ... try to enhance the safety of people in urban areas?

They are at their "best" when they have a boogeyman to scare people into compliance. Here's a list of the current boogeymen that can appear at any moment based on which boogeyman is needed.
  • Whites are a boogeyman
  • Men are a boogeyman
  • The rich are a boogeyman
  • COVID is a boogeyman
  • Anti-vaxxers are boogeymen
  • Man-made global warming/climate change is a boogeyman
  • Evangelical Christians are boogeymen
  • Trump is a boogeyman
  • Guns are a boogeyman
  • Q-Anon and the Proud Boys are boogeymen
  • Jews are boogeymen
  • Larry Elder is a boogeyman
  • Tucker Carlson is a boogeyman
  • Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott are boogeymen

As long as Democrats focus on these boogeymen, and future boogeymen that will arise... as long as fear of the boogeymen remain as the MAIN MEANS for advancing Democrats - the division will continue. Because their constituents will take up their arguments and transmit them to their personal and professional relationships. They continually pit Americans each other.

What their use of boogeyman also implies, is that THEY KNOW their policies don't make lives better. THEY KNOW people would reject the majority their policies if they where honest about what they want to do.

If you want to being up the election - understand that I don't believe the result, and I think Democrats cheated based on the total amount of people that voted in the election - which was 21% higher than the previous record high with a popular Obama. So I don't plan on even dealing with that here. I am focusing on the dynamics of continuing division in the country and the tactics of the Democrats.
This is funny because that's the exact same argument - using fear to motivate voters -- given about Republicans.

I wonder if you Americans (Yes I'm an American but relatively new one --- 14 years) --- have been doing this dance for so long you don't even see the finger pointing. It is a wee bit amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 06:53 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieFoonman View Post
Is dueling legal?
An interesting question - could you elaborate? (No, it isn't. Never really was.)

Old 09-07-2021, 08:38 PM

45,550 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Pretty much, yes. Occultism, please.
Occultism demonizes itself. It doesn't need me.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:45 PM

45,550 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is funny because that's the exact same argument - using fear to motivate voters -- given about Republicans.

I wonder if you Americans (Yes I'm an American but relatively new one --- 14 years) --- have been doing this dance for so long you don't even see the finger pointing. It is a wee bit amusing.
No - it's not. All we get from Democrats are that the opposition is racist, homophobic, misogynistic, etc.

Get it right.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:54 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
The problem is there are so many people without critical thinking skills that lap up EVERYTHING they say.
You're talking about the uneducated which is mainly in the south. Yes, there are uneducated in all the states but the south mainly. They fell for every talking point Trump had to say. They lapped up everything he said.....truth or not. I'm from Mississippi so I have no problem pointing that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies