Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 07:16 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh, let's see... asbestos, radiation, any carcinogen that you want to discuss, etc.

Two billion people in the past few MONTHS. In your world a clinical trial lasts a freakin' day and the "approved drug" is administered on day two. Good for you. Go for it. But it ain't happening in my world.

And besides that, you are conveniently ignoring the MANY people who have had side effects or died from the vaccine. In fact there are a couple of them right here on this thread. I hope you feel good about giving them the middle finger, laughing, and saying "sucks to be you."
Try again. A one-time exposure to asbestos is almost never harmful. The execption is a 9/11 event where the firefighters had to inhale years worth of asbestos in one day. That'd be like giving you 10 vaccine shots in a week. We're not talking about loading up years worth in one single occurrance, are we?

Exactly! To people who are allergic to the vaccine, they had symptoms within days, sometimes minutes. This is how things work - if something is bad for you, it will rear its ugly head in a short period of time. There is no case where someone got the vaccine and died from it nine months later.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
I'm not talking about efficiency. I'm talking about possible long term effects that haven't been studied because the vaccines have only be out for nine months. Things that could crop up after two or three years, fertility issues, heart issues, etc. Things you would only find out about with long-term studies.
We also don’t know the long term impact of Covid infections on fertility, organs, etc.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:17 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
We also don’t know the long term impact of Covid infections on fertility, organs, etc.
Women are already having issues with their periods after getting the shots

Old 09-09-2021, 07:19 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Name ONE thing where you administer/ingest/inhale once and it stays dormant in your body and shows no symtom until 5 years from the day. Go on. Name one.

There is NO thing on this planet where you get it once and it kills you five years from the day you got it. None. Zero. Nada. This bit of common sense somehow keep eluding you. You are thinking of some Twilight Zone story where an alien plans a bug in the ear and it doesn't get activated until 5 years from the day. No bruh, this is not science fiction.

This thing you speak of, doesn't exist.

If something is not safe, it will kill you in a matter of days. If the vaccine is not safe, we would have known seven months ago that it's not safe. There is NOTHING on this earth where you take once and then it hides in your body and only activates nine months from the day. Stop with this stupid nonsense. What you are describing is impossible.

We know it's safe because literally two BILLION people got it and they lived. That's how we know.

Yet I’m sure you believe in “long COVID” right?

Your posts are pure comedy gold.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:20 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Women are already having issues with their periods after getting the shots
Not proven. Some women thought maybe their cycles had shifted...but without elaborate studies -- there is no way to know.

Women's cycles are easily influenced by minor stress, shifts in schedules and other odd things.

Women who have moved in together have claimed their cycles have shifted all to the same time of the month.

So who knows....

Old 09-09-2021, 07:22 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Exactly! To people who are allergic to the vaccine, they had symptoms within days, sometimes minutes. This is how things work - if something is bad for you, it will rear its ugly head in a short period of time. There is no case where someone got the vaccine and died from it nine months later.

And what will excite you even more is that those people who have been sickened or died from the vaccination have no legal recourse at all. They have also been given the big middle finger.

Everything you guys have espoused so far has done nothing to stop covid and likely has made it worse. I suspect your vaccine is in the same boat. Statistics are even starting to show that right now (see Israel). And what is your solution to that problem? Well, turn everyone into a vaccine junkie, of course. A "fix" every week is the next thing you'll be supporting.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yet I’m sure you believe in “long COVID” right?

Your posts are pure comedy gold.
The way you are trying to argue this makes me think you don't know what "Long Covid" means.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
And what's the science behind 100 or more employees?
Seems to be going for the maximum impact.

For example, Walmart and Amazon combined employ more than 2.6 million people.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And what will excite you even more is that those people who have been sickened or died from the vaccination have no legal recourse at all. They have also been given the big middle finger.

You're moving the goal post. We are not talking about one-offs or legal recourse.

We're talking about how do we know the vaccine is safe for most people. We know because 2 BILLION people got it and lived. If there is one vaccine that we know is safe, it's this one.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:26 PM

654 posts, read 280,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That's true, but I can choose to get the vaccine. I have no choice on getting COVID. I've had COVID, so I guess I'll find out if it has an effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies