Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 09:30 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The so- called mandate includes the alternative of weekly testing.
Um, one way or another, a mandate exists.

The "alternative" is a joke - a legal escape hatch. That's it. No company is going to pay for weekly testing or risk $14k/day/employee for missing that guy who slipped in the back door when he came into work, or losing a piece of paper...

Stop letting people manipulate you so easily. Pay less attention to what they're telling you and more to what they're doing. Actions speak louder than words - adjust your logic to match that reality.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:37 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And for the five trillionth time: it's not "their" bodies. The baby inside a woman's womb is a separate and distinct life with its own body. Women are the incubators, as they were designed to be by God or by Nature (whichever one you acknowledge as the creator of men and women), but the life within them is not their own.
I’m a woman and it it’s God’s -not the states. Is it wrong? I don’t judge, nothing I would have done, but believe 100% it’s her right to choose and then let her figure that out with the father, her family and God. If we were not so harsh on pregnant women and have so many dead beat dads- maybe this would not be an option. Why we can’t come up with a man pill?? Reason - lack of interest and won’t make money. Pfft
Btw we are not just incubators, we have our own free will.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:39 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The so- called mandate includes the alternative of weekly testing.
That is such a joke. Doesn't say the employer needs to foot the cost. And it's pretty pricy too in places.
And the vaccinated go scott free ? As if the vaccinated cannot catch and pass covid ?
And what if you don't get a third shot ? What if you only got 1 shot ?

Microsoft announced this morning they are not reopening their offices.
That's how companies will get around this unconstitutional "mandate".

Old 09-10-2021, 09:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
It was really just a scolding by an angry parent to defiant children, saying "you do what I say or ELSE."
Bingo. We're being conditioned, and dissenters are being identified.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:43 AM

8,241 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
No explanation why usps workers are omitted from the federal mandate? Maybe Biden looked at the demographics of that group?
Maybe they don't want mail service to shut down.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:46 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Um, one way or another, a mandate exists.

The "alternative" is a joke - a legal escape hatch. That's it. No company is going to pay for weekly testing or risk $14k/day/employee for missing that guy who slipped in the back door when he came into work, or losing a piece of paper...

Stop letting people manipulate you so easily. Pay less attention to what they're telling you and more to what they're doing. Actions speak louder than words - adjust your logic to match that reality.
And many of us are done with mandatory testing. I'm not okay with having a swab jammed up my nose. I'll test myself at home, and stay home when sick, keeping my health information private. My patience is wearing thin with the Covid industrial complex.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
How does this mandate affect people on welfare, Medicaid, i.e. low income government programs. Are they required to get vaccinated before they collect a check?
People I know that are on welfare are already vaccinated. The health department was even going to many of them and giving it to them. I don't know anyone else in my social economic status in this area who is not vaccinated other than myself. I have no idea what it's like in other communities, of course.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:53 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And the Gop mandating women can’t deal with their own bodies - pot meet kettle.
body? is that what your mother called you it when she carried you for 9 months? Did she smoked, drink, do drugs and use physical force because it was just a body or she was carrying a child?
Maybe your daddy could have punch your mother in the gut to see if that was just a body part.
I laugh how people justify killing a life. It's just a body part. Like clipping a toe nail or getting a hair cut or getting liposuction.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:54 AM

831 posts, read 333,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Love it!!!

Nothing hammers home the message that Republicans are pro-Covid more than suing Biden for mandating vaccines.

Go GOP!! Go Covid!!

Pro Freedom, Pro choosing what I do with MY body. On other hand it shows demoncrats as they are, totalitarian toddlers throwing fits.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And those folks are immune compromised and right now - vaccinated or not should not be exposing themselves in risky situations -- concerts, school settings, restaurants, work places.
Then why are people who have a suppressed immune system being made to go out in public and work in order to keep their welfare benefits? Why is no one defending them? Why is there no automatic waiver for them if you are so concerned about their health? People like to bring them up only when they are trying to bully others into getting vaccinated to supposedly protect them, but there's no protection being provided. Vaccinated people can still spread the virus to this group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies