Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 09:52 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Colleges have become full of wokeadoodle braying ignoramuses.
correct. They are places to emote, not think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 11:56 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
ever since ww1 and ww2 the break-up of old colonial empires and the world wide cry for independent nations we have seen the results of colonialism which can almost be interchanged with "white supremacy"...
right after the Russian revolution which was stopped in Poland by polish people for overrunning Europe, Russian foreign policy has tried to capitalize on bad feelings left by the colonizers around the world, some real and some drummed up...

the US inherited the global dominance role from the former English empire and all the benefits as well as the negatives..

the former colonies did not just wake up and decide to become terrorist, they have reason good and bad,and fueled by those with power and money who think they benefit...to come to terms with all this requires more than a jingoist approach to history

Old 09-11-2021, 12:01 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/9-11-educ...e-students-say

American exceptionalism is 'rooted in a lot of colonialist and imperialist notions of how we should treat each other people,' one student said

Take 3 minutes to watch the video and read the article

This is why The United States of America is in deeper doo doo than I had ever imagined. This crap is going to get worse and worse as these "well educated" simpletons get older and breed (if they haven't already)

I'm sad
If they won't teach that the towers were knocked down by Islamic extremists, then this country is in even worse shape than I thought

Old 09-11-2021, 12:09 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A ton. I was born in 1960, and am 100% unapologetic regarding Hiroshima. 100% familiar with Pearl Harbor. Familiar with the heinious war acts Japan committed all over Asia which got less attention due to the Nazis.

Todays college kids are head in sand, thing happy thoughts snowflakes who do not even care about historically significant events. 20 years is a second to jihadists.
I am 47 and Pearl Harbor is significant for me.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:22 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
This generation that was raised by "parents" who were more interested in being kids' best buddy and not heads of households, who handed these kids anything and everything they demanded, to and including violent video games, are disturbed by the gruesome videos of people dying from the impact of the planes, falling to their deaths, risking their own lives so as to prevent a fourth attack in D.C., etc., and don't wish to ascribe "blame" to those responsible for this atrocity? If I were a parent paying for a college "education" for one of my kids, I would seriously be questioning the return on my investment.
I dare them to go to the families of the victims of 9/11, first responders, and survivors of 9/11 and plead their case.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:07 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
So basically, the WOKE crowd wants to act like the Japanese and play the “victim†in the war they started??!! This is what they teach their kids in school.

The truth of 9/11 needs to be told truthfully AND honestly, if it hurts the “feelings†of a certain group, so be it… Funny, but all the WOKE people that shallowed this BS have ZERO issues in being totally honest about all the horrors and injustice of slavery in America.

It’s important to be truthful AND factual about history…. For better or worse.

the Japanese had a strike north army faction and a strike south, the japanese were emerging from centuries of isolation needed more land and resources, they annexed Korea around 1900, and were being stalled in china starting about 1932...in 1939 the army faction was obliterated in a 50,000 man battle with the Russians so the strike south navy went into business....FDR cut off shipments of steel and oil to japan leaving them with a few months supply...so from the Japanese perspective the Japanese were forced into a war if they wanted to pursue conquest...you see the real world does not conform to the jingoist chest thumping good/bad scenario

Old 09-11-2021, 06:38 PM

11,259 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Amusing how the leftists on this board are leaving this thread alone.

They can't "but, but, but, Trump" so they have effing nothing. Pathetic cowards.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:39 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/9-11-educ...e-students-say

American exceptionalism is 'rooted in a lot of colonialist and imperialist notions of how we should treat each other people,' one student said

Take 3 minutes to watch the video and read the article

This is why The United States of America is in deeper doo doo than I had ever imagined. This crap is going to get worse and worse as these "well educated" simpletons get older and breed (if they haven't already)

I'm sad
"Placing blame"?????

That's like blaming the Jews for the Holocaust.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:50 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
A couple years ago, I took a college history class. That is where they are getting this crap. History is reimagined in the newer books. It is sanitized history. You would need to read one to see all the history that is omitted. The history is written for the woke generation. In other words, it is full of lies. But future generations won't know they are lies.
This may not be always be attributed to the right person but "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Old 09-11-2021, 07:02 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:

I'm sad
If your happiness hangs on the words of college students, given that we've all said stupid crap at that age, then I am wondering at your mental well-being. But then I noted that you were quoting from the Entertainment channel and stopped wondering. That's news, like the Easter Bunny is nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies