Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the decline of Christianity in Europe good or bad
Good 34 39.53%
Bad 52 60.47%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 06:20 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yeah, they were a bunch of Communists, Hindus, or Islamists, but never a Christian

Why mostly Leftist deny the Christian back ground of most of the founding fathers is ridiculous, as we the religious back ground of most of them.

https://www.learnreligions.com/chris...fathers-700789
See post #46. Debunk it and get back to me. Then we can talk apples and apples.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Or a way for them to try to explain away what were inexplicable events at the time.
The majority of them now explained, i.e, rain, droughts, thunder and lightning, illness, etc.
You beat me to it. Religion is a coping mechanism to deal with things you can't understand.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Either way, things will eventually go back to the way they were 50 years ago.

Seems to be the nature of man. And like it or not, but a religious force is more powerful than the non religious force. It's what gives men courage when in battle. You think the militaries around the world would be as strong as they are without a belief in a higher power to help them get through the worst of the worst?
I would think if military forces were truly religious they would refuse to take up arms against their fellow men and find peaceful ways to resolve disputes.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Christianity will continue to decline and may even disappear completely from the political scene.
Don't know what that has to do with your computer nerd, though.

Nothing can halt Christianity's decline.
Probably true. Christianity has been so twisted out of shape by the evangelicals as to be entirely unrecognizable and unusable under that name any more. The new generations are increasingly looking for meaning in life in pother places, and church attendance across the board is in a nose dive.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
"Believing in God" is not synonymous with being a Christian.
Many people believe in God but reject nearly all Christian teachings concerning the nature of God. Your above mentioned Native Americans believed in God long before there was Christianity.
Many of the tribes in the Southeast had organized religion and dedicated buildings for the practice of their religion. They were not the "savages" some would like to depict.

These are the one the European "christians" raped and slaughtered before they stole their land.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
I voted yes because white people are a bunch of materialistic sellouts who all deserve to die. And the end of Christianity in the West means moral, cultural, spiritual, and physical death.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:23 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Obviously you Christian haters are right. I mean have you ever seen the general population this mentally healthy?

Old 09-11-2021, 08:22 AM

150 posts, read 156,173 times
I’m a Muslimah let me put my input. I think before the spread of Christianity and Islam, the world was a cruel, perverted, misogynistic, and violent place.

Let me give you an example. Before Christianity, human sacrifice was the norm in Scandinavia. Also, we are aware how Roman/Greek culture was. They were sexually degenerate. People would participate in orgies, have sex with animals, sex with family and of course, old men would rape 12-14 year old boys. It was a crazy world back then. I would say even worst than today. That is why, God sent Abrahamic religions. He wanted to tell people how they should live their lives.

It was the same in the Middle East too.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:30 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
I’m a Muslimah let me put my input. I think before the spread of Christianity and Islam, the world was a cruel, perverted, misogynistic, and violent place.

Let me give you an example. Before Christianity, human sacrifice was the norm in Scandinavia. Also, we are aware how Roman/Greek culture was. They were sexually degenerate. People would participate in orgies, have sex with animals, sex with family and of course, old men would rape 12-14 year old boys. It was a crazy world back then. I would say even worst than today. That is why, God sent Abrahamic religions. He wanted to tell people how they should live their lives.

You have a very flawed view of the ancient world.

If morality is the reason you support Christianity, or monotheistic religions in general, that is a flawed reason. Not only can it be easily shown that people commonly disregard Christian morality, there are perfectly functional secular systems of morality.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post

That sounds pretty much like now. (Of course, up until relatively lately, Christians hid all that behind closed doors)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies