Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 09:02 AM

43,803 posts, read 18,825,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Weren't Saudi vip families allowed to escape compounds in Florida and I think California following the attack?
escape ? They didn't do any crimes so why not give them a protected way to leave the US ?

Old 07-16-2022, 09:06 AM

89,046 posts, read 85,654,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
This is what you WANT to believe. The Saudis had no power to protect UBL in Sudan. They could have protected him in SA, but they didn't. The bin Laden family was wealthy, not powerful. There is a difference.

What is with these lunatic theories? Do you know any rank and file FBI agents? If the FBI had discovered anyone had provided support for the attackers knowing what the intent of the attackers was, they would have been arrested and prosecuted.

Any culpability that the federal government had in 9-11 was in how badly different agencies worked, or failed to work, with each other. The seeds that allowed 9-11 to happen were planted long before 2001. They started as far back as Church Committee and Jimmy Carter in the mid 1970s, when they destroyed the CIA as an operational organization.
Interesting sidebar: My ex-husband was a building super in Fort Lee, NJ, high-rise coop at the time. For those who are not familiar with the NY/NJ metro area, Fort Lee is one of the towns across the Hudson from Manhattan. He had just started working there a couple of months earlier. He watched the buildings fall from the rooftop, leaned over and threw up, then jumped in his car and drove to our daughter's school and picked her up and told her I was dead. I only found out that last part from her a few years ago, lol.

Anyway, a few days after the attacks, he was visited by the FBI, who were interested in a particular resident, a Middle Eastern tenant, who had moved out around the time my ex started working there. They asked if he remembered when he had moved out, and my ex said yes, and if he remembered if anyone helped him move, and he said yes, a bunch of other Middle Eastern guys had come to help him move.

Then they asked my ex if he ever saw the guy do anything besides come and go, and my ex said, "Yes, he was on the roof with a tripod taking pictures of Manhattan." They thanked him and left and that was the end of that.

Now of course in a building like that with a view of the skyline, in and of itself that would not be an out-of-ordinary activity, but given the fact that the FBI knew this man and that he was taking photos of the Manhattan skyline a couple of months before the terrorist attack, he saw it in a completely different light.

The point is that the FBI most definitely had ideas about who was doing what and was following up on information of some sort.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:38 AM

89,046 posts, read 85,654,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Weren't Saudi vip families allowed to escape compounds in Florida and I think California following the attack?
It's interesting how many different versions there are of this tale. It's like when we were kids and played "telephone" and the original message changed by the time it went around the circle.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:51 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,334,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mianfei View Post
As Martin Gilens and Benjamin Page have shown, the US government is totally unresponsive to mass interests, and has been since at least the 1973 energy crisis.....
Well that was the bad beginning of a mindless screed. You act as if Gilens & Page are credible arbiters of truth. They are not. They are pampered college elitists criticizing other elitists.

Old 07-16-2022, 05:36 PM

16,022 posts, read 6,724,377 times
It's almost entirely a marriage of convenience with the Saudis, and both sides know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies