Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 05:02 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times

Advertisements

Alex Jones? REALLY?

Old 09-16-2021, 05:04 AM

947 posts, read 297,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Seems a bit strange for Jewish people to be dying in…mass.
I agree. Jewish people don't go to mass.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:09 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
I see the spelling and grammar Nazis are out in force. Enough already. You all know what the OP intended to say. Sheesh I make spelling and grammar errors all the time. I have the checker off on my computer but it's on with my phone. If I'm not sure as to the proper spelling of a word I just look it up. Yeah yeah, not electronically hip. If I do make a flub (and I do all the time) you have no idea how little I care.

This spelling Gestapo on here.. I ain't skeered. I quite often write as I talk And I have a heavy rural N NV accent. Slang, metaphor and analogy are used heavily in our colloquial speech. If I so choose I can drop my local vernacular and speak or write like my 8th grade English teacher is looking over my shoulder. I can also speak a lot of other US dialects and accents needs be.

I tend to breeze past misspellings in others posts. That is unless I catch one of our spelling and grammar cops flubbing up which does happen and I garner some amusement from that. But sheesh c'mon folks. Such nit picking is bout off topic as it gets.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:12 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
How do we know that statistic is correct? The CDC admitted to "only counting a fraction" of breakthrough cases. There was a whole big discussion about it on this forum.
Every news story that talks about overload in the hospitals state that 95%+ that have Covid are unvaccinate, its not the CDC its the reality throughout the health care industry in this country

Old 09-16-2021, 05:16 AM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Do your own research and work around the social media blocking and banning and censoring and the search engines on Google. Use other search engines. Read other stories. You can find this stuff. Most people say Trump supporters are the ones that held out for the vaccination. That’s another line of crap. PhD’s in this country are the most highly unvaccinated. Healthcare workers are second. Many healthcare workers got the vaccine when it first came out? They aren’t getting it now. They are refusing because they see firsthand what is happening. That should tell you something. I’m not a Trump supporter, I just hate this information and lies by our government. Trump supporters are actually among the most highly vaccinated group out there. Lol their savior Trump invented the vaccines, don’t you know?

The vaccines were designed for something nefarious, whether intentional or not it’s here. And humans are probably on the brink of learning a Very valuable lesson.
My first post to the above was, before I deleted it, "Link to the bold?" Not because I doubted you, but that is the kind of statistic that matters to me. Science is usually over my head, but math I understand. Well, I decided to do my own researching and I found this following very long, very easy to read WebMD article, dated 6/28/21, that discusses the fact that many healthcare workers are indeed unvaccinated, As the paragraphs surrounding the statistics take up much space, I am ONLY quoting the relevant info. I encourage everyone to read the article in full.

STATISTICS CONTAINED IN THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE FROM WEB MD https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...spital-workers (Direct quotes have quotation marks.)

- "[N]ationwide, 1 in 4 hospital workers who have direct contact with patients had not received a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of May." (Analysis of data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services from 2,500 hospitals across the U.S.]

- "Among the nation's 50 largest hospitals, the percentage of unvaccinated health care workers appears to be even larger, about 1 in 3. Vaccination rates range from a high of 99% at Houston Methodist Hospital, which was the first in the nation to mandate the shots for its workers, to a low between 30% and 40% at some hospitals in Florida."

- "Lakeland Regional Medical Center in Lakeland, FL, reported to HHS that 63% of its health care personnel are still unvaccinated. The hospital did not return a call to verify that number."

- "An ongoing monthly survey of more than 1.9 million U.S. Facebook users led by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh recently looked at vaccine hesitancy by occupation. It revealed a spectrum of hesitancy among health care workers corresponding to income and education, ranging from a low of 9% among pharmacists to highs of 20%-23% among nursing aides and emergency medical technicians. About 12% of registered nurses and doctors admitted to being hesitant to get a shot."

END QUOTES

Now, admittedly, the WebMD article takes a pro-vaccine tone. However, as of late July, 52% of the staff at Cincinnati Children's Hospital had not yet taken the vaccine, including 29% of physicians!https://ohionewstime.com/the-memo-sh...inated/218585/ Point being that there the percentage of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated healthcare workers varies widely, depending on hospital and geographical area.

Now as far as the rest of your post, what you wrote truly does concern me, but I do not discuss that with anyone. My mother (age 89) and my sisters (66 and 56) who live in California are almost militantly pro-vaccine, and we have all agreed to NOT discuss my choice not to vaccinate because it just infuriates them. (I am sure they would be in agreement with the most furious pro-vaxxers on C-D.) They say they are very worried about me, but I am probably just as worried about them! However, I have not even shared any info about ADE with them because what good would it do? If the "scare stories are right", it is probably too late to do anything about that now, and we can only wait and see if the doomsayers are correct or not. However, I think it is very sad that I will almost certainly not be flying back for my mother's 90th birthday next year -- not because of my concerns, but because of theirs, plus -- of course -- there is a very strong possibility that I will be prevented from flying anywhere due to mandates.

Last edited by katharsis; 09-16-2021 at 05:34 AM..

Old 09-16-2021, 05:17 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
so why are 95 to 98 percent of people in hospitals from covid unvaxxed in the US?
You have to cite your sources when you provide specific numbers. That's like rule #1.

The specific figure you cited above is an excellent example of why. In every one of these claims that I've checked out (e.g. when people provided a citation), that figure has represented every single hospitalization since this started - including the year with the most hospitalizations, which is the year we didn't have any shots for it.

IOW, that figure is almost certainly a lie, and you're spreading misinformation.

Please cite your source.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:19 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
It’s happening man! Some of us have been screaming from the top of our lungs on this website for people just to simply open their eyes and do some research. Universities are opening again, and some of them are conducting their own little studies where they’re testing all their students. They are finding that the vaccinated students are testing at a higher positive rate than those who are unvaccinated. They are asking students to fill out questionnaires. Many of them had severe adverse side effects from the vaccine. In the Philippines a family of 80 that I know, nine of them died within three weeks of taking the vaccine. The government shut them up!

Go search some “go fund me” Pages and see the people requesting help and donations for having life-threatening reactions to this bogus vaccine. ADE it’s starting to happen.

And as for Alex Jones, I don’t really listen to him but he got his bad rap and rightfully so over the Sandy Hook shooting stuff but if you look at his history overall, he’s been at least lukewarm with basically every other conspiracy that he’s spoke about. Anyone who is dealing with the topics that he does it’s going to be off the mark occasionally. There’s no way anyone can be dead on the mark, look no further than our own media. Which is wrong 90% of the time lately. And they in fact just make up stories like the Oklahoma ivermectin stuff.

Alex Jones has been close or spot on many times. He said there would be vaccine mandates back when Biden and Kamala Harris and Fauci were all swearing they would never implement any kind of mandate. Lol he predicted the vaccines would fail and they are failing.

Regardless you don’t need his input, he’s there to make money. Do your own research and work around the social media blocking and banning and censoring and the search engines on Google. Use other search engines. Read other stories. You can find this stuff. Most people say Trump supporters are the ones that held out for the vaccination. That’s another line of crap. PhD’s in this country are the most highly unvaccinated. Healthcare workers are second. Many healthcare workers got the vaccine when it first came out? They aren’t getting it now. They are refusing because they see firsthand what is happening. That should tell you something. I’m not a Trump supporter, I just hate this information and lies by our government. Trump supporters are actually among the most highly vaccinated group out there. Lol their savior Trump invented the vaccines, don’t you know?

The vaccines were designed for something nefarious, whether intentional or not it’s here. And humans are probably on the brink of learning a Very valuable lesson.
All the great medical institutions, news sources, medical researchers and investigative reporters and this is where people get their facts.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:25 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Alex Jones is as skewed to the right as our major media are skewed to the left and I don't find either trustworthy. The problem is that it seems impossible to find reliable sources.

I've looked at Israel daily cases and deaths since they started mass jabbing the population. When you look at a graph of their covid cases and deaths, it appears the vax was effective at first and now the next wave hit and it looks as bad as the pre-vaxxed wave. The only conclusion that I can reach is that it appears that a regular booster may be needed to keep the pandemic numbers low.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:40 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
We're all unvaxxed in my family and we are very much alive and quite healthy. Haven't had Covid. Your point?
Same here the entire family is unvaxxed as are many friends and coworkers and all healthy. I cannot say that about many vaxed that I know

Old 09-16-2021, 05:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
my O2 stat was only 42. Doc told me folks usually pass out at 75 and she couldn't believe I was actually sitting up talking to her.
I've heard this before. Watched an interview with a doctor who was describing the strange symptoms and effects this virus is having. Said that people are walking into the ER with O2 levels of 40% - "they shouldn't even be able to walk" is what I remember him saying. So I guess your experience isn't unique, and is a puzzling thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Science my a$$. Psychological science maybe.
Winner winner chicken dinner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies