Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 09:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"No one" had the flu last year because we were all masked and social distanced.

I'm also betting more people got their flu shots last year compared to "normal" years, since there was evidence the flu shot helped lessen the symptoms of COVID.
A record number of flu vaccinations were recorded for the 2020-2021 flu season.

“As of late November, some 188 million doses of influenza vaccine had been distributed across the U.S. — the highest number recorded in one flu season — the CDC reports.”

https://www.jwatch.org/fw117313/2020...ributed-season

Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Do you have a link or reference to back up your assertion? what are the actual numbers? Since you are announcing what you claim is happening in hospitals, I'm sure you're willing to share them with us.

1.) What percentage of the people who are catching Covid now (all variants) are fully vaccinated?

2.) What percentage of those fully-vaccinated people are dying from Covid?

3.) What percentage of people who are catching Covid now (all variants), are NOT vaccinated?

4.) What percentage of those unvaccinated people, are dying from Covid?

I always ask those four questions when people bring up spectacular headlines like this.

They are never able to answer.

There's a reason for that.
The bottom line is that the unvaccinated are overwhelming these hospitals in Mississippi, Idaho and other states, are you going to worry if the unvaccinated in an ICU are 97% or 98%, and what are you going to do with that information. So are you going to make a decision to remain unvaccinated if the percentage is 92%, what's the point we now this surge is almost entirely due to unvaccinated.

Pull up any article and tell me what you see occurring in the ICU's in Mississippi.

Quote:
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) leaders said Wednesday their health system, like others in the state, is being overwhelmed by the spiking number of new COVID-19 cases, almost entirely in people who are unvaccinated.

Dr. LouAnn Woodward, UMMC COVID-19 incident commander, vice chancellor for health affairs and dean of the School of Medicine, said the hospital is seeing more pediatric patients and younger adults who have contracted the delta variant.

As of August 4, UMMC had 94 COVID-19 patients, and 12 to 13 of those patients are pediatric patients, the overwhelming majority of those patients haven’t been vaccinated.
https://www.newsnationnow.com/health...d-populations/

Old 09-16-2021, 09:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://rumble.com/vmj0xt-un-graph-s...-en-masse.html

Statistical graphs - The most Vax'd are the most infected and the most dying right now.
Alex Jones the source of unbiased inf.

Vaccines were developed, trialed and approved BEfORE the Delta variant emerged amongst the 1.4 billion unvaccinated population in India, in December, 2020. It quickly spread to the UK and the first detected case in the US happened in March, 2021.

Delta is spreading 50% faster than Alpha which was 50% more contagious than the original form of SARS- CoV-2.

Durability of immunity from vax declines over time. In July, Pfizer announced immunity begins to wane at the 6 month mark. Some studies in Israel suggest waning begins in month 5.

Nonetheless, the rate of sever Covid among unvaccinated people older than 60 is 9x more than in those who are fully vaccinated.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid

No vaccine or treatment is 100% effective in all people, all the time.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:53 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
The vaccinated are the real threat to the unvaccinated.
They are unknowingly getting reinfected and still able to transmit.
Just like the regular flu, nothing can truly stop this nu-flu.
The vax does have benefits, absolutely, but the truth needs to get out there that it is not a silver bullet and that you 100% can become reinfected and continue to spread the virus.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:17 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
so why are 95 to 98 percent of people in hospitals from covid unvaxxed in the US?
unvacced is constituted by those with protective antibodies and those w/o.

The question is how many in hospitals did not have protective antibodies

then ask why so many in the hospital if treatments are available to keep them out of the hospital

Remember it was in NY that any covid pos patients had to go to the hospital to get treatment, would not allow doctors to prescribe the meds.

All covid data is corrupt.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:40 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Still no responses from people like IcedTea, BentBow etc. on the questions about actual numbers.

Yet they still keep making hysterical claims about how many vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated people are getting Covid, as though they knew the relevant numbers.

They are unable to back up their claims. Yet they keep making them.

There's a word for people who do that.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:43 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
How do we know that statistic is correct? The CDC admitted to "only counting a fraction" of breakthrough cases. There was a whole big discussion about it on this forum.
because they're asked when admitted to the hospital.

I started the video. I don't know how y'all even pay attention to Alex Jones. The voice and presentation, mygawd

Old 09-16-2021, 10:50 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I said we're hearing the exact opposite of the truth. The unvaccinated aren't filling up hospitals, its the vaccinated..
You made that up. Covid is very real and very dangerous. Vaccines work. Spreading outlandish patently false rhetoric like "hospitals are filling up with the vaccinated" isn't just unhelpful, it's downright reckless. Such talk is going to get people killed. Please stop.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
CNN LMAO yeah the source nobody who cares about the truth trusts
neither one of those videos was from CNN.

The first one is Megyn Kelly talking with a Stanford doc/expert that invokes the Atlantic article, and says Covid hysteria is just that - hysteria.

But I imagine you hate her because of her dustups with Trump.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
1.) What percentage of the people who are catching Covid now (all variants) are fully vaccinated?

2.) What percentage of those fully-vaccinated people are dying from Covid?

3.) What percentage of people who are catching Covid now (all variants), are NOT vaccinated?

4.) What percentage of those unvaccinated people, are dying from Covid?

I always ask those four questions when people bring up spectacular headlines like this.

They are never able to answer.

There's a reason for that.
they can't answer 1 & 3 because they quit counting breakthrough cases.

Which is just one more **** up of the Fauci Administration.

The NYT did compile THIS about a month ago. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-vaccines.html

I bookmarked it, because I assumed it would be a dynamic chart, but it's not. I'll see if they (or CDC) at least have dynamic counts of hospitalizations and deaths. And static to Aug 10th is not of much value now.

At the same time, even that will be meaningless without demographic (age) data.
What we continue to see is it is 65+ that dominate the deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Both sides are being disingenuous and I am getting sick of it.

First, Israel has the most vaccinated that are infected and dying right now because they have one of the highest vaccinated percentage of people. So it makes sense that the vast majority of cases and therefore deaths would be vaccinated.

the real rub is: The vaccine doesn't work.

Second, the percentage of those fully vaccinated people getting or dying from covid is a USELESS number. I have am not vaccinated and have managed to avoid covid for 18 months. There are probably millions who are vaccinated in the same boat, they shouldn't be counted. The real number we need to know is the percentage of those who catch covid who die who are vaccinated -- as compared to those who are unvaccinated who catch covid and die.

You will NEVER EVER SEE THIS. They all count vaccinate stats based on the entire population of people who had vaccinations. When that stat really tells you nothing about covid... but may tell you about side effects from the vaccine.

We should be demanding information on deaths from covid with those who are vaccinated vrs those who are not.
In red, your first sentence disagrees with the other 2, and I'm confused. The 2nd two sentences are indeed the valid question. With age demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies