Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 04:33 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Please don't think it's just unvaxxed red states. Here in DC, the poorest district (the 8th District, all black, all poor, and not a single Trump voter among them) are also not getting vaxxed. Last count, we were at 35% vaxxed.
I read statistics, so I know this is true. I listen to these Mandates and the Angry Scoldings that TeamBiden, Biden himself, Fauci & Leftist Media are throwing around about the unvaccinated and always wonder if they have a Clue that they are denigrating their strongest base - black people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Jesse Jackson who is vaccinated was treated at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago for COVID. Anyone claiming that only unvaccinated people are using monoclonal antibody treatments is a complete moron.

"In one study published by the CDC and cited by Walensky, the efficacy against infection has plummeted to 53.1 percent for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines"

Those complaining about unvaccinated people are out there spreading COVID, and are hosts for MUTATIONS. Congratulations.
The TeamBiden messaging is abysmal -
1). Get vaccinated, but then you must wear a mask so you don’t get Covid
2). The unvaccinated are Trumpists, does that include 60% of the black community that is NOT vaccinated?
3). Masks don’t work, you must wear masks, you must vaccinate & then wear masks because the vaccine didn’t work. All Federsl Employees MUST vaccinate OR get fired … oops, not the 644,000 Postal Service.
4). Lockdowns, Mandates, Vaccine Passports - all things they said they would do, until they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
This topic has nothing to do with Biden or Trump, except for the link to the op-ed letter. According to Dr. Bob Lutz monoclonal antibodies isn't being utilized as much as it could be. You have to ask Bob Lutz why monoclonal antibodies treatments are being under-utilized in Washington state. This is the link in the op-ed page.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cov...MJ3VRXGN2L7AQ/

Hospitals are filling up because the unvaccinated take much longer to treat in a hospital.

This is another insipid politics thread that only an idiot would start.
Very interesting article. The one thing that immediately struck me was that the obligation to get informed and Request this Antibody Therapy is on the Individual, not the Doctors, not the Hospitals - the Individual.
That’s just pretty Scary. How many people actually Self Diagnose and the search out their own Remedy?
I would suggest …. Very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
Reading through these posts I just have to wonder who decides another persons life is worth more than another's. More to the point.......it appears that there are many here that believe whether you live in a "Blue" state or a "Red" state determines the value placed on a persons life. Am I missing something here?
You are not missing a thing ….. that is exactly what we are hearing. These Leftists are actually advocating that people who are unvaccinated OR in Red States be denied Medical Care ….. because they deserve it.
Turns my stomach. Welcome to our “Transformed America”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 04:45 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
It isn't.

It's the president's fault for wasting time beating that vaccine drum when it's clear that everyone who wants one got one and anyone who declined it doesn't want it, and failing to change direction and pursuing a strategy that doesn't involve further vaccination. That date was April 30, 2021 when everyone was able to get a vaccine in all 50 states.

That is 100% on the president, and president alone. It's also on his advisors, but it falls on the president to seek new advice.
As far a changing direction goes, what could have the president done? The delta variant exploded exponentially and most covid protocols are handled by the states.

I mean come on, DeSantis won't even allow local government to make decisions for themselves in order to protect against COVID-19.

Monoclonal antibodies aren't infinite, there is only so much supply a private company could make. Or would you prefer Biden to use the Defense Authorization Act to compel private enterprise?

I mean right or wrong, we have backlash against a vaccine mandate. Granted, I do believe allowing previously infected people a pass on getting vaccinated should be something included on the mandate.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:57 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,797,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
As far a changing direction goes, what could have the president done? The delta variant exploded exponentially and most covid protocols are handled by the states.
How about get out of the way then?

Quote:
I mean come on, DeSantis won't even allow local government to make decisions for themselves in order to protect against COVID-19.
And what precludes parents from making a decision to protect their own kids? If they want masking, they're more than free to have their child wear as many masks as they like. Government's job is not to mitigate every risk for you or to micromanage your life.

Quote:
Monoclonal antibodies aren't infinite, there is only so much supply a private company could make. Or would you prefer Biden to use the Defense Authorization Act to compel private enterprise?
Yes. Or like I said, get out of the way, and be honest and say there's nothing further I can do.

Quote:
I mean right or wrong, we have backlash against a vaccine mandate. Granted, I do believe allowing previously infected people a pass on getting vaccinated should be something included on the mandate.
We shouldn't have a mandate in the first place. Mass vaccination should have been abandoned the second it was clear that vaccination rates were stagnating. Biden should be turned over to the Hague for crimes against humanity.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Know what works better than monoclonal antibodies? The vaccine.

Know what isn't in short supply and works better than monoclonal antibodies? The vaccine.

Know what you won't need if you get a vaccine? Monoclonal antibodies.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:53 PM

23,673 posts, read 12,582,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Know what isn't in short supply and works better than monoclonal antibodies? The vaccine.

Because...Biden* told you 'no one gets sick, no one is hospitalized and no one dies if they have the vaccine'?

suuurre

Old 09-16-2021, 06:01 PM

942 posts, read 394,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

AND.......because one thing works better.....we should leave the rest of our tools in the tool box? What's wrong with using all the tools we have?

Old 09-16-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Please don't think it's just unvaxxed red states. Here in DC, the poorest district (the 8th District, all black, all poor, and not a single Trump voter among them) are also not getting vaxxed. Last count, we were at 35% vaxxed.
I read statistics, so I know this is true. I listen to these Mandates and the Angry Scoldings that TeamBiden, Biden himself, Fauci & Leftist Media are throwing around about the unvaccinated and always wonder if they have a Clue that they are denigrating their strongest base - black people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Jesse Jackson who is vaccinated was treated at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago for COVID. Anyone claiming that only unvaccinated people are using monoclonal antibody treatments is a complete moron.

"In one study published by the CDC and cited by Walensky, the efficacy against infection has plummeted to 53.1 percent for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines"

Those complaining about unvaccinated people are out there spreading COVID, and are hosts for MUTATIONS. Congratulations.
The TeamBiden messaging is abysmal -
1). Get vaccinated, but then you must wear a mask so you don’t get Covid
2). The unvaccinated are Trumpists, does that include 60% of the black community that is NOT vaccinated?
3). Masks don’t work, you must wear masks, you must vaccinate & then wear masks because the vaccine didn’t work. All Federsl Employees MUST vaccinate OR get fired … oops, not the 644,000 Postal Service.
4). Lockdowns, Mandates, Vaccine Passports - all things they said they would do, until they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
This topic has nothing to do with Biden or Trump, except for the link to the op-ed letter. According to Dr. Bob Lutz monoclonal antibodies isn't being utilized as much as it could be. You have to ask Bob Lutz why monoclonal antibodies treatments are being under-utilized in Washington state. This is the link in the op-ed page.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cov...MJ3VRXGN2L7AQ/

Hospitals are filling up because the unvaccinated take much longer to treat in a hospital.

This is another insipid politics thread that only an idiot would start.
Very interesting article. The one thing that immediately struck me was that the obligation to get informed and Request this Antibody Therapy is on the Individual, not the Doctors, not the Hospitals - the Individual.
That’s just pretty Scary. How many people actually Self Diagnose and the search out their own Remedy?
I would suggest …. Very few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
Reading through these posts I just have to wonder who decides another persons life is worth more than another's. More to the point.......it appears that there are many here that believe whether you live in a "Blue" state or a "Red" state determines the value placed on a persons life. Am I missing something here?
You are not missing a thing ….. that is exactly what we are hearing. These Leftists are actually advocating that people who are unvaccinated OR in Red States be denied Medical Care ….. because they deserve it.
Turns my stomach. Welcome to our “Transformed America”.

Old 09-16-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
That's a funny story. I love fairy tales
Oddly enough, Linda didn’t think it was a Joke that her Vaccinated 62 year old husband was in the hospital with Covid and denied Life Saving Drugs due to Government Regulations OR Hospital rules because he wasn’t old enough to be on Medicare.

I certainly understand that others might think that is a Funny Fairy Tail.
We are becoming accustomed to the Leftist Laughter.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:02 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yeah, sitting unused while people died. I'm not okay with that. There is no excuse for them not being aggressively deployed---like the vaccines were--- for early treatment everywhere, long before now. They didn't do it because they wanted to corral people into the vaccines. That is also not okay. Denying medical care is disgusting.

Why do you care who is using these or why? They are medicine that saves lives. I'm happy people are taking medicine and not dying.
This simply isn't true.

Many hospitals were not using it because it is labor intensive to deliver requiring a two hour infusion process with another hour pre/post procedures. They also weren't set up to deliver it outside of hospital rooms and were too focused on dealing with hospital covid patients.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:10 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,393,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Isn't that the point? The sick people need it. It's like "oh no the sick people are getting the medicine!"

There is no excuse for a shortage. None. There should have been a massive stockpile.
...and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...and probably cheaper. But some people just don't listen so then you get shortages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies