Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 06:58 AM

947 posts, read 297,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its a much different culture than Americans are used to, as always, if they dont understand it or agree with it, they criminalize it. Its an age old tactic the US has been using for decades.

I dont personally agree with FGM...but I am not a Muslim...that is part of THEIR culture, what right do we have telling them their cultures are wrong or barbaric?
You're a liberal, I'm guessing.

One thing I notice with liberals is that their determination to say that everyone is equal extends to cultures, even barbaric ones. I had this very discussion with a liberal! I picked an extreme example - Islam extremism being OK with throwing gays off roofs - and even this he claimed "well, it sounds bad to us, but in their culture it's fine." I don't get how a liberal, always big on gay rights, says it's OK for other cultures to toss them five stories down to their deaths.

NO. Not everything is equal - and not everybody is equal. Some people are inferior to others. And some cultures, or certainly aspects of them, are inferior - and WRONG. It is WRONG to mutilate little girls so that later in life they will never know sexual pleasure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 07:01 AM

1,941 posts, read 828,190 times
Who are we to dictate our cultural practices are better then other cultural practices.

Diversity is our strength.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:02 AM

1,812 posts, read 903,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sometimes they just nick the area, in that case the male version which actually excises skin is worse.
So were you just nicked?

Old 09-18-2021, 07:03 AM

947 posts, read 297,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
Who are we to dictate our cultural practices are better then other cultural practices.

Diversity is our strength.
I'm hoping your comment is sarcastic.

So if foreigners move here and it is their culture to behead people they dislike, we should just say "well, who are we to say their cultural practice is better than ours (where we allow people to stay attached to their heads)"?

Old 09-18-2021, 11:27 AM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Take a read on what FGM actually is and see if you still think it is an equivalent comparison.

https://www.desertflowerfoundation.o...at-is-fgm.html
I know what FGM is. I’m not implying it’s an exact equivalent. I bring the issue of circumcision up because we are one of the few countries that routinely practices it, with out any religious reasons for doing so. An uncircumcised penis is more sensitive than a circumcised one, so therefore could be considered a form of male genital mutilation.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
You're a liberal, I'm guessing.

One thing I notice with liberals is that their determination to say that everyone is equal extends to cultures, even barbaric ones. I had this very discussion with a liberal! I picked an extreme example - Islam extremism being OK with throwing gays off roofs - and even this he claimed "well, it sounds bad to us, but in their culture it's fine." I don't get how a liberal, always big on gay rights, says it's OK for other cultures to toss them five stories down to their deaths.

NO. Not everything is equal - and not everybody is equal. Some people are inferior to others. And some cultures, or certainly aspects of them, are inferior - and WRONG. It is WRONG to mutilate little girls so that later in life they will never know sexual pleasure.
At one time, the 'Christian God' instructed his faithful followers to slaughter without mercy, those who would blaspheme his name, even women, children, entire towns of people if just one blasphemer is found among them.

While it was the 'Old testament'...its still the same God.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:38 AM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
This comment is one of two things.

a) Your complete ignorance of what this 'procedure' actually is .... or

b) Your acknowledgement and approval of barbarianism.

Which is it?
C) I know what this procedure is. It is widely practiced in mostly Muslim countries in northern and Eastern Africa. However, the practice has no mandate in Islamic law and is a cultural/traditional practice rather than a religious one. There is ample evidence that the practice pre-dates Islam. I do not approve of it at all. The goal is to remove sexual pleasure from women, cementing their status as inferior and subject to men. Women should be just as free to enjoy sex as men.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:30 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Approximately 1/3 of Muslim women in the world enjoy this experience, not a small #. People who make escuses for it are now considered "Liberal" Wow, that term has changed a lot

Old 09-18-2021, 12:32 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
C) I know what this procedure is. It is widely practiced in mostly Muslim countries in northern and Eastern Africa. However, the practice has no mandate in Islamic law and is a cultural/traditional practice rather than a religious one. There is ample evidence that the practice pre-dates Islam. I do not approve of it at all. The goal is to remove sexual pleasure from women, cementing their status as inferior and subject to men. Women should be just as free to enjoy sex as men.
They needed to come up with some medical reason for it being beneficial, like they did for male circumcision.
Because originally it was done to males for religious and "behavioral" reasons, then if that wasn't enough they came up with flimsy medical and even hygienic reasons and that worked like a charm. Tell someone they are dirty and unattractive and they will feel bad, and when male circumcisions were at their peak in US advertisers were telling women to douche with Clorox.

Men and women should be allowed to grow to adulthood with all their parts and not feel dirty or inferior or anything of the sort.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:52 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Normally I'm all for the right of cultures to exercise themselves as they see fit, but these people are in the US and need to be thrown in prison or deported. Every single one of them. Or they could just put them into town square inside a guillotine, chop their heads off, and mount them on a stick for a month, with a note about what happens when you practice female genital mutilation in the United States. Do the same thing with sex traffickers. They can hire me to pull the little lever if they want.

How do certain members of the left rationalize supporting organizations like the Taliban, somehow hating Israel, and then screaming about women's rights? It's a complete contradiction in beliefs. The answer... these are your cultural marxists using fringe groups to foment dissent and gain more power. Power is their ultimate goal, and the ends justify the means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies