Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 05:32 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I haven't looked into the natural immunity for prior infection on Covid.
You should

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-vaccines/amp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 06:52 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
The vaccinated one in this case is being ridiculous.

I have never once blamed or tried to blame someone for any sickness I've had in the past. I have continued that philosophy with COVID.
Hmm I know where I got my covid. Reason - I was home recovering from a surgery so stayed home 99% of the time n then masked etc. My ex daughter in law called my son that she had covid. My grand had just spent time with her n she was sick too . Once the announcement came it was covid we all went to get tested. So it can be traced.
Now if a person who test negative for covid be a carrier?? I’m not the scientist. Delta in any case can be gotten from the grocery store or other close contact. Don’t know.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:11 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
He was about to be put on a vent when they decided to use the experimental drug and it worked.

If he was just a regular dude, he would have died. I thought that was common knowledge.

Where did you learn of the severity of his COVID?

Old 09-17-2021, 10:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The shot is only good for suppressing symptoms and lowering risk of death.
Stop with the “unvaxxed bad” narrative.
It’s getting old now.
Vaxxed are more of a threat to unvaxxed.
There is zero data to suggest vaccinated individuals are more of a threat to unvaccinated. That's your feelings.

While it is true if you are vaccinated and get the virus it will probably be less impactful than if you weren't unvaccinated.....your risk to pick up the virus is also reduced.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:30 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Yawn, I do hope others (like me) are bored with your one-sided narrative and fear mongering tactics by now. Your schtick has simply gotten old at this point. And ignoring the posts below yours isn't going to change anything. Stop villainizing and get over your hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is zero data to suggest vaccinated individuals are more of a threat to unvaccinated. That's your feelings.

While it is true if you are vaccinated and get the virus it will probably be less impactful than if you weren't unvaccinated.....your risk to pick up the virus is also reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Agreed. Being unvaccinated doesn't automatically mean that one is being 'irresponsible'.

There was a point in recent history were NONE of us were vaccinated. We were instructed to wear masks...social distance of a minimum of 6 feet...avoid crowds...wash our hands for at least 20 seconds, etc.

Unfortunately, there were still plenty of people who refused to follow such instructions. For example:
People wear their masks under their noses and/or as a 'chin warmer'. Then, they get sick. Then, they're asked by an intake nurse, "Did you wear a mask?" And they'll say, "Of course I wore a mask!" So, they got filed into the category of those who wore a mask, but got covid anyway. Hence, it's deemed that 'masks don't work'!

Then again, once the vaccine became available, people were also instructed to continue to follow the same protocols, until they had been FULLY vaccinated. That usually takes several weeks after receiving the second dose. [/b]

How many received the first dose and immediately threw away their mask? Who didn't social distance during that transitional period?

How many have received their second dose and decided that they're "fully protected"...and conduct their affairs as 'business as usual'?

The point is, that it's pointless to lay blame at the feet of the 'unvaccinated'. There are plenty of unvaccinated people who are behaving more responsibly than those who are 'vaccinated'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yep, I've made the exact same point numerous times. Unfortunately people like the two main instigators in this thread can't come to terms with this (they are unfortunately too caught up in hatred).

The conversation should have never been based on vaccinated vs unvaccinated, but rather responsible vs irresponsible. But it's easier to use the straw man argument and create the villain. Posters like this are all about dividing people so they will put their fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes and ignore your comment. It's that cognitive dissonance kicking in again.

Old 09-18-2021, 01:20 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
It makes no sense. We were at a small gathering. 2 days later her and her husband were feeling sick. Both tested positive and both vaccinated. They say it’s my other friends fault because she was at the gathering also but isn’t vaccinated. She isn’t sick but got tested anyways and it was negative. I ask my friend how she can blame someone who doesn’t even have Covid and she won’t really answer the question. She just says that Covid would be over if everyone was vaccinated. Many people believe this. Even my dentist and others I know in the medical field. How can’t it just go away? It’s not a vaccine like Polio or Measles that prevents you from getting it. I know more people now who are vaccinated that have it then I did before there was a vaccination.
I agree. Our close friend got covid twice and he is vaccinated as well. I think either you get it or you don't but the vaccine might mitigate some of the symptoms. It doesn't prevent you from getting sick.

Old 09-18-2021, 01:25 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
My cousin died of Covid. He was in the ICU for two months. His last month on earth he couldn't talk at all. His wife and kids could not see him for the entire time he was in the hospital. He died alone.

You want to come again with this whole accusation of fearmongering?

You want to tell the 600,000+ dead Americans' families that Covid is no deal?

How about to Donald Trump, who almost died from it?

Or to Herman Cain, who did?

Donald Trump almost died from Covid?

Old 09-18-2021, 04:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I agree. Our close friend got covid twice and he is vaccinated as well. I think either you get it or you don't but the vaccine might mitigate some of the symptoms. It doesn't prevent you from getting sick.
Back a few months ago, when the vax Nazis still believed that the jab gave them immunity, I linked to all 3 pages by the 'vaccine' makers.

I quoted and highlighted what they said.

Not one of them said it 'would' prevent Covid, they said it 'may'. And, they also said that the 'vaccine' would make mild symptoms milder. They never said that they would make major symptoms milder. They never said that you couldn't get Covid after getting the 'vaccine'. They never said you would not end up in the hospital, anyway.

What did the jab Nazis do? Argued that it wasn't true, or flat out ignored (something they're really good at) the actual facts, given to them by the 'vaccine' makers, themselves.

Now, they want to pretend it's the 'unvaccinated' who are causing harm.

NO! The dumb 'vaccines' don't work, were never stated that they 'will' prevent Covid, and never stated that they 'would' keep you from getting sick enough to need a hospital stay.

And yet, they still sit on their high horses acting like they're the saviors of the world for getting an experiment jabbed into their arm. They're not. They have forgotten everything they learned in early 2020 - stay the hell away from other people, you do not need to be all up in their businesses in stores and restaurants, wash your filthy hands - seriously, people, wash your damn hands! They are out there coughing all over the place, with masks on or without masks on, their arm or hand nowhere near their face when they do it. IDIOTS!

Well, the experiment is failing, and they refuse to admit it.

How dumb does one have to be to completely ignore what the 'vaccine' makers said themselves?

Old 09-18-2021, 05:13 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
“We now know that vaccinated individuals can still spread the disease without even being sick”
-CDC

Old 09-18-2021, 05:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
“we now know that vaccinated individuals can still spread the disease without even being sick”
-cdc
this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies