Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 09:32 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump lied and people died. It is all at his feet.

All the incompetence and the neglect ... that was Trump. Bleach guy ... yeah ... him.
Trump did not lie, nor did he tell people to drink bleach. Doesn't matter how many times the yahoos on here keep repeating it, it's never what he said.

Having said that, I absolutely put blame on Trump for this stupid crap that we endured...well, you all did, I wasn't locked down, (so no, No Recess, I did not sit there and take it. I still went out and worked, I still met with many people, (deliveries), I still went to stores until I realized I could have it delivered, which I chose because I hate grocery shopping), but lock downs in the first place were stupid.

You don't lock down healthy people.

You don't rush the 'vaccine' through some dumb Operation Warp Speed.

Trump is not a medical doctor, and I'm sure Fauci was buzzing in his ear, and while the states decided whether or not to lock down, Trump didn't help with his pushing of Covid. He could have calmed everyone down, and made decisions that didn't panic everyone into thinking they were all going to die if they hugged their grandmother.

I actually agreed with the Democrats in the beginning that it was not a big deal. They did it to politicize it because of their childish tantrum that Trump won, I thought it all along. I don't for one second believe the numbers of 'Covid cases' because the PCR test is a damn joke, and inaccurate.

But his 'Operation Warp Speed' pissed me off. A lot. And I will forever hold him at fault for that BS. And if you took even a second to watch his rallies, to this day, his own supporters boo him when he tells them to take the 'vaccine'. NO!

None of that dismisses the absolute horse crap that has come out Fauci's mouth - he has lied, he gets royalties on certain 'vaccines' that are given, he lied to Rand Paul - to his face, he lied to you, he lied to everyone. AND, he told hospitals to use Remdesivir which essentially drowns the patient, killing them.

It is possible that more than 1 damn person is responsible for all of this sh**!

And now? We have Beijing Biden doubling down on what Trump did, so, I'll wait for you to toss the blame on to him, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 09:38 PM

16,097 posts, read 10,766,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I should have known better to try and bring up a serious topic on this board, and expect serious responses. There was one, and it wasn't really all that on-topic.
Nope. We are used to daily whackadoodle posts based on spurious sources cooked up in mom's basement. That is the real elephant in the room.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:19 PM

49 posts, read 27,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
If you have a link I can look at that would be great.

Sounds terrible.. not the same thing as these vaccine mandates though. NO I am not saying the vaccine is worse than being killed. I'm saying it's apples and oranges... or maybe apples and asparagus.
so you never even heard of the whiskey rebellion? Washington crushed it and should have been shot dead for doing so.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:57 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Maybe it's time to talk about the elephant in the room.

We have a situation where the government - our government - played a part in creating a virus, and then permitted that virus to escape containment. It caused a pandemic, the reaction to which caused and continues to cause economic and social calamity.

Why is nobody talking about this? The government which is attempting to implement draconian medical mandates is the same government which had a hand in creating, then releasing the virus. Then, they destroyed our economy and shredded the social fabric of our country.

Is anyone going to say anything about that? Shouldn't there be some accountability?

What say you?
I have been saying it since last year. It was premeditated. Fauci even 'predicted' the virus at the start of the Trump presidency.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:06 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Actually I think this should be part of a federal criminal investigation. It’s illegal for government funding gain of function research and yet the evidence shows that government officials tried to use back door methods of knowingly supplying funding to a foreign laboratory for just this type of research. Lawyers will argue language of the law and intent in defense of the officials. At best everyone involved should be immediately fired. At worse they should all face criminal charges and sent to federal prison. I’m sure some lawyers are looking to add these officials to a class action lawsuit along with the Wuhan lab and the Chinese Communist government.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:17 AM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Actually I think this should be part of a federal criminal investigation. It’s illegal for government funding gain of function research and yet the evidence shows that government officials tried to use back door methods of knowingly supplying funding to a foreign laboratory for just this type of research. Lawyers will argue language of the law and intent in defense of the officials. At best everyone involved should be immediately fired. At worse they should all face criminal charges and sent to federal prison. I’m sure some lawyers are looking to add these officials to a class action lawsuit along with the Wuhan lab and the Chinese Communist government.
I think it should be a death penalty case. There's no legit reason to make a virus transmittable to humans.

Old 09-20-2021, 04:24 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm talking about precedent and consistency not your perceived severity of the situation.

The State isn't doing anything new in regards to the Covid measures. They are violating the natural rights of innocents.

There are plenty of transgressions that were going on prior to and including March 14, 2020 in the lifetime of these "muh freedom" folks but for some reason the Trump crowd wasn't interested or even supported those mesasures.

You give yourself away with

Got it.

Didn't impact me so to hell with it. Let the government do whatever to someone else.

The charmed life of some folks. I've tried biting my tongue on it over the past 18 months but this is just absurd. Yes, of course the actions of the government are immoral and wrong. Not because of their perceived severity or who they are impacting or the fact they are happening now. They are immoral and wrong because no one has the right to violate the rights of anyone else...yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

So keep on fighting for "muh freedom". We'll get back to March 14th, 2020 soon enough. Fantastic for all these folks...for many others...the suffering continues. That is if they haven't been murdered.
Consider this quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay on Self-Reliance: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

You are most def NOT a "little" one, imho.

Consider perspective while also considering consistency as a factor.

A Self-Standards Model of Cognitive Dissonance

http://www.communicationcache.com/up...dissonance.pdf

Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Wow. Where do you people get this fantasy land stuff from?

It must be amazing to be able to just create your own version of reality. What fun!
Wow, where do you come off being so ignorant about what’s going on in the world? You should be embarrassed.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:08 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,061,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Sounds terrible.. not the same thing as these vaccine mandates though.

Mandates are pointless, other than coercion; as we now know the jab does zero to protect others from your transmission.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:19 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,330,129 times
Quote:
Maybe it's time to talk about the elephant in the room.

We have a situation where the government - our government - played a part in creating a virus, and then permitted that virus to escape containment. It caused a pandemic, the reaction to which caused and continues to cause economic and social calamity.

Why is nobody talking about this? The government which is attempting to implement draconian medical mandates is the same government which had a hand in creating, then releasing the virus. Then, they destroyed our economy and shredded the social fabric of our country.

Is anyone going to say anything about that? Shouldn't there be some accountability?

What say you?
Does that make this the “Trump” virus? It did happen under his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies