Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 04:58 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yesterday was the first time someone asked me about a mask. I was picking up a delivery, and this little 19 year old, (guessing her age) new hire wanted to become the world's youngest Karen.

"Do you have a mask?'

"Nope.'

"You don't have a mask?'

"Nope."

"I'm going to need you to put your shirt over your face."

Ignored.

"Excuse me!"

Ignored.

I have been to this restaurant numerous times picking up orders. No one cared that I didn't wear one. I interacted with the workers several times, as they ask me who I'm picking up for, how long it would be, etc.

But here comes new hire, trying to exercise some authority.

I bit my tongue really hard, and just ignored her.

I was in and out of that restaurant in less than 30 seconds, nowhere near anybody else.

I'll wait a couple of weeks for the rotation of new hires to happen again, (because it always happens), before I pick up from there again, because it is the stupidest thing in a restaurant.

Standing up? DANGEROUS!

Sitting down at a table that all the customers have to walk by to get in line? SAFE!

Absurd that people can't see how dumb this is.
This is the saddest most disappointing thing I've ever read from you.

I know you folks don't respect property rights but when an owner or agent of the owner makes a request on their property you must comply or leave.

This is a serious violation of the non-aggression principle. It's utterly sad and disgusting you did this.

You are the Karen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 05:01 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Anarchists love being selfish misfits.

Easy there.

That poster is a statist.

I'm an anarchist.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:13 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The CDC keeps telling us that a vaccinated person catching covid is "extremely rare".
don't you believe Dr. Walensky ?
Yes I do believe breakthrough infections are rare. That is why it is the unvaxxed who are spreading the disease more than the vaxxed.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:13 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not anti vaccination, but if I was forced to take it, I think I would not comply.

It takes me three months to finally make the decision, but I have to want to have the vaccination myself. No enough of shaming will make me change my mind about it.

In term of the mask, well, I wear it because I think it will protect me. Again, no enough of shaming will make me want to wear that mask.
We should not be shamed or arrested - like in other countries - and certainly not lose your job. As for feds. Well we should not buck against the leadership without good cause. But I hope people cooperate. I do not understand the religious part one iota. I am a Christian and cannot phantom how it’s anti God. But think it through - and determine what are the real risks, to you or those around you. Facts only.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The CDC keeps telling us that a vaccinated person catching covid is "extremely rare".
don't you believe Dr. Walensky ?
The hospitalized struggling to breathe are the un-vaxed. Are vaxed getting sick- yes, but they go home unless have other real serious problems where the common cold might take them down.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Easy there.

That poster is a statist.

I'm an anarchist.
I have zero problems you being an anarchists- this bug is really non political and the people who have made it a political statement instead of a medical issue are off the rails. On all sides. But many who have openly come against the vax etc, are no longer with us. Not my wish any get sick, but it’s about health not politics.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:24 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
I guess I'll stay out in South Dakota. Nobody is masking up out here and that's the way I like it. If even half the republican base has now swallowed the media fear mongering and wants everyone in masks, well then they're not the party for me, either. I mean, I got the vaccine, that's good enough for me. I believe we should be spreading this thing around fast to achieve herd immunity, not perpetually trying to "flatten the curve" ... I respect the rights of the unvaccinated to not get a jab, but I'm not going to wear a mask on their behalf.

The vaccinated should be spreading it amongst themselves to they get infected and get strong natural immunity while their vaccine is providing good protection. I would count myself in the camp that "wants" more people to get vaccinated also, but they are not going too and I don't believe they should be forced, but they also aren't going to tell me to put a mask on for them... no.

If I lose my sense of smell, I'll self quarantine for 2 weeks though. Not an issue for me at all. I would enjoy that.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bro, you're off the rails.

You said if you get sick you won't expose yourself to anyone else.

All I'm saying is if you do happen to get sick and require care at least one other human being will have to aid you.

So it's a fact that if you do get sick enough to require external care another human being is going to be contact with you.

Unless you refuse care and try to tough it out on your own.
Just do what the government tells you to do and keep up the charade of being an internet anarchist. I know you’re just another CA Democrat.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Sheep love being controlled.
The sheep metaphor is so tired and adds nothing to the debate. It’s also the most widely used term and meme in the Facebook histories of those who later die of COVID because they thought getting vaccinated and wearing a mask was for sheep. If being a sheep means getting vaccinated and wearing a mask when I go shopping, I guess I’d better start bleating. I prefer that to being unconscious in an ICU as machines breathe for me.

In fact, so many non-sheep are dying on vents that I nominate them to be the new sheep. Problem is they can’t make a bleating sound cause they can’t breathe on their own. Maybe lemmings are the better metaphor.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:32 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
The sheep metaphor is so tired and adds nothing to the debate. It’s also the most widely used term and meme in the Facebook histories of those who later die of COVID because they thought getting vaccinated and wearing a mask was for sheep. If being a sheep means getting vaccinated and wearing a mask when I go shopping, I guess I’d better start bleating. I prefer that to being unconscious in an ICU as machines breathe for me.

In fact, so many non-sheep are dying on vents that I nominate them to be the new sheep. Problem is they can’t make a bleating sound cause they can’t breathe on their own. Maybe lemmings are the better metaphor.
It’s used because it’s accurate and perfectly describes the lemmings who follow the government and the CDC no matter how many times they are proven to be liars.

Baaaaaaa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies