Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 11:29 AM

874 posts, read 729,025 times

Advertisements

Cuomo used the CDC guidelines to shut down business and send his covid19 task force out to give bars thousands in fines but when it comes to ending the pandemic, he doesnt want to, he continues to drag it out.

only 25 people died of covid19 this week so far, and these were most likely people with one foot in the grave already at hospice care

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/statu...38625261924353

Today's update on the numbers: Total COVID hospitalizations are at 1,767. Of the 203,852 tests reported yesterday, 2,068 were positive (1.01% of total). Sadly, there were 25 fatalities.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/new-yor...ce-1234756135/

Confusion continues as to whether a mask is required for certain activities. Today, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo added to that, saying that he’s not ready to adopt federal calls for limits on mask-wearing for his state’s residents.

Cuomo said in a statement that he and Health Commissioner Howard Zucker had not decided if New York would adopt new guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
“In New York, we have always relied on the facts and the science to guide us throughout the worst of this pandemic and in our successful reopening,” Cuomo said.

“We have received the newly revised guidance from the CDC regarding mask wearing and social distancing for those with vaccinations and are reviewing them in consultation with Dr. Zucker and our partners and health experts in surrounding states.”

meanwhile 73,000 mask less fans packed a stadium to see canelo alverez fight. and I havent heard of any mass covid19 infections.

where have all the experts gone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQzdAoXL0s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 01:53 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
I think masks should be optional at this point. If your fully vaccinated you should not have to wear one. If you haven't been vaccinated or you are paranoid about getting sick then wear the mask.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:32 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/meet-t...hopkins-critic

Quote:
The arrival of Covid-19 has crashed America on a paradox that reads like the plot of a bad Star Trek episode. Half the country mistakes science for a set of inflexible decrees and demands it be worshipped as a religion. The other half believes the first group is always lying and defies even its sensible dictates, in its own theology of liberation. Science, a deliberative process, is collateral damage to the battle.

I’d be the last person to ever suggest an unvaccinated person go without a mask — I wore one everywhere since this thing started — but the symbolism of, say, a vaccinated Joe Biden still wearing a mask outdoors in defiance of CDC guidelines, or Kamala Harris releasing pictures of herself wearing a mask for a Zoom call, is increasingly obvious. For a politician, the mask is a symbol of the authority he or she has borrowed from science, and removing one is a symbol that the fear justifying emergency power has subsided. It’s hardly surprising to see a reluctance to take masks off, even when scientists say it’s fine to do so.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:21 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:23 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
I went to 7-11 today without one. No one cared

Old 05-14-2021, 04:41 PM

690 posts, read 585,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I went to 7-11 today without one. No one cared
That's ballsy! I continue to wear it bc I don't want to listen to anyone's mouth.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:02 PM

516 posts, read 1,076,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post

only 25 people died of covid19 this week so far, and these were most likely people with one foot in the grave already at hospice care

It's great that you think so little of other people that you could make the above statement, you just a general hater or are you in a lot of wills. Sad but it looks like most of your posts have the same tone

Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
That's ballsy! I continue to wear it bc I don't want to listen to anyone's mouth.
CDC says we dont have to anymore. Go & argue it with the CDC if you have an issue. Time to get back to normal life ... not specific to u, i mean in general

Old 05-14-2021, 05:20 PM

690 posts, read 585,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
CDC says we dont have to anymore. Go & argue it with the CDC if you have an issue. Time to get back to normal life ... not specific to u, i mean in general
Oh I hear you, and I 100% agree. I just can't sometimes with some of the people around here, you know what I mean :-) some days, I just don't have it in me haha.

Old 05-14-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Oh I hear you, and I 100% agree. I just can't sometimes with some of the people around here, you know what I mean :-) some days, I just don't have it in me haha.
Im vaccinated so if the vaccines are as effective as they say, then i shouldnt need a mask. It’s a good test to see whether or not these vaccines really are effective.

Im willing to take a risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: