Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 10:18 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Feel free to stay away mate...more space for the great surf spots of Snapper Rocks, Angourie, D-Bah, Burleigh, Bells, Kirra, and so many more...Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
Message received.. I will vacation elsewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 10:38 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Feel free to stay away mate...more space for the great surf spots of Snapper Rocks, Angourie, D-Bah, Burleigh, Bells, Kirra, and so many more...Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

Surfing doesn't look like much fun with a mask on...

Old 09-25-2021, 10:46 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
WOW.

I was in the United Kingdom earlier this year. They weren't playing around with Covid-19. However, I don't remember it being this nutty. Where I was at in Cambridgeshire, I rarely ever saw police (I saw plenty in London and Nottingham). People got fined for having large parties, but I don't remember anyone getting arrested. The UK started opening back up, and I was able to eat out (albeit outdoors), go on crowded boat rides (I'm starting the miss the UK thinking about it), etc. I don't remember the UK being as draconian as Australia for the time I was in the UK.
The political climate of the U.K is more consistent than the U.S: they would never exempt BLM rioters from the gathering rules or allow thousands of unvaccinated, untested illegals into their country. They seemed to be heading towards considering Covid endemic unlike the U.S. who is still playing politics in what spreads Covid and what doesn’t.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
"Police State" is a little redundant. All States are "Police States". We're all just trying to avoid the speed traps or worse.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:58 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"Police State" is a little redundant. All States are "Police States". We're all just trying to avoid the speed traps or worse.
Do the police come to your house and make sure you arent planning a demonstration?

More from Alex Berenson
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Quote:
Thanks to some brilliant tourism branding and Crocodile Dundee, we think of it as rough-n-ready frontier country, Montana with bigger beer cans. The dingo ate my baby!

In reality it’s Canada with a mean streak. The Karens are in charge and they are mad.
Long discussion at the bottom

Old 09-25-2021, 11:21 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Good point. My two Australian friends live in Sydney and Perth. Hopefully the madness doesn't expand to those places and it goes away in Melbourne.
Well I am from Sydney and by the way things are and I much more likely to be able to be allowed to travel overseas than Perth, as the Western Australian government has no plans to allow anyone into their state, even fully vaccinated people, (they have zero covid cases since mid last year) until places like Sydney have at least have double 90% vaccination rates. He claims that 95% of the people of Western Australia support it. The government were I live intend to fully open up after the double vaccination rates hit 80% and same with Melbourne.

But Western Australia is unique as most of their wealth depends on the highly profitable mineral exports. Unlike the Eastern part of Australia.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Well...look at some of the crazy ATF laws on class 3 firearms right here in the US!!! (ONLY military and law enforcement can have certain weapons??) WTF is that?

The public as a whole has accepted these ATF laws, I dont hear of many people fighting with the ATF, so...we are no different!

Old 09-25-2021, 11:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Australia is the test pilot program for the rest of the world.
What used to be "test it out on the black guys" turned into "test it out on the former prisoners" followed by some rambling about JEDIs and diversity and inclusion...

Old 09-26-2021, 02:14 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Do the police come to your house and make sure you arent planning a demonstration?
No.

They do routinely kill people and pets for no reason though.

That sorta kinda bothers me.

*shrug*

Old 09-26-2021, 03:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Chilling to the pit of my soul to see this.

A sick twisted gaslighting display as defined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies