Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 02:37 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And just WHERE is it stated Amazon is catering to illegal Hispanics? Or are you just unaware that the purpose of businesses like Amazon is to make $$$ and going where the $$$ is is a good place to start.
The issue is that the rapid transformation to spanish speaking hispanics is almost entirely driven by illegal immigration. Amazon has to have ads in spanish because illegal immigrants dont speak english. Legal immigrants do speak some english its inherently picked up in the years long process. Hispanics born in the USA even to spanish speaking parents speak english and dont need spanish ads. You have to be in denial to not thus conclude marketing in spanish in the united states is intended for illegal immigrants.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:40 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
they're doing it to pander to latinos during yet another made up month. corporations do it for black people, women, breast cancer, etc. amazon didn't become the evil corporation they are by excluding potential customers for them to spy on.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:27 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
With so many in our country, pretty soon, the legal citizens of the country will be in the minority and the illegal Hispanics will take over.

https://www.amazon.com/gcx/Hispanic-...ZGV4Ijp7fX0%3D

Pretty soon more of our trees will be cut down to build more Hispanic grocery stores to cater to the illegals. Here we go.........
Catering to Hispanics....where have you been the last 20 years this has been going on?

Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Kudos to you then for entering and being here legally. Still our landscape in America is about to change. Like I said, the legal citizens will be the minority. I already feel it in my neck of the woods. The landscape has already changed a good bit. I hate to see it in another 3 years of wide open borders.

As a legal citizen, how do you feel about supporting all these illegals with your tax dollars knowing that you did the right thing and became a legal citizen the legal way?
Legal citizens will never be the minority. Bizarre comment. Somehow how Amazon is going to make that happen? The vast majority of Hispanics are legal including many in my extended family. This hate knows no bounds.

This is Hispanic Heritage Month. Amazon is playing it up because they want more business and loyal customers. And they do this every year. Not anything new. That is capitalism and free enterprise. That used to be important to the GOP.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:36 AM

362 posts, read 143,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The majority may be legal but many of them were anchor babies to. At any rate, many of them support illegal immigration and are demanding amnesty for them. It's a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws.

Exactly ! I doubt very few are legal or not anchor babies.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:47 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That sounds hateful to me they are citizens how they became a citizen doesn't matter, and business is free to market how they wish. Sounds like you just consider anyone who is Hispanic a possible illegal immigrant, or they are less then equal to you because they possibly might have had parents who were illegal? That is simple Prejudice, and discrimination towards an entire culture. I don't agree how someone can be born here and just be a citizen, but I don't hate them for it. I have no problem with Amazon marketing towards them. This country was founded on a land of immigrants everyone here immigrated at some point unless your Native American although the US didn't make them citizens until 1924 officially. Although some states barred Native Americans from voting until 1957. https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-hi...from%20voting.
You sound system is way off then. I never said nor implied that all Hispanics in our country are here illegally. No, businesses do not have free reign to hire illegal aliens and pandering to them is anti-American. That's the reason that they only hire bi-lingual people, etc. Most Hispanics here legally can speak English. There if no prejudice or discrimination towards an entire culture it's about illegal aliens of that culture. Talk about discrimination? How is it not discrimination to deny native English speakers a job because they don't know Spanish? Who said anything about hate? I certainly didn't! You did!

We are no longer a nation of immigrants. Our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant one today. It's irrelevant how this country was founded. What matters is what our immigration laws are today. We should repel immigration laws breakers and allow in legal immigrants that fit our needs today not what was needed in the past!

There are no special native Americans. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the Amerindians. Everyone born here to citizen or legal immigrants parents is a native.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies