Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 09:56 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times

Advertisements

On September 24th, while talking with my 83 year old mother, I noticed by the sound of her voice she was sick. She complained about experiencing a sore throat, and feeling 'funny.' So the 25th I called and checked on her. Her condition deteriorated so I booked a last minute flight that day from Miami to Detroit.

When I arrived, she was incredibly weak, and had a fever (103F). She was complaining of extreme back and neck pain and was semi delirious. I knew right away it was COVID.

I took her to an urgent care clinic, where they tested me and her. Sure enough she was +, I was negative. I was told to self isolate and test again after 5 days.

The doctor sent her home with antibiotics, advil, aspirin, steroids, and a pulse oximeter. She was offered the option of going to the ER for hospitalization, I declined it.

Antibiotics btw are a terrible thing to give someone with a viral infection right away as they weaken the immune system. I wonder if anyone did studies on the efficacy of antibiotics on Covid outcome when given on day 1. I forbade my mother from taking them until day 5.

I also had a lot of Ivermectin from my trip in Brazil (there you can buy it in a pharmacy without prescription, should be the same way here, it's safer than Aspirin). I gave her 48mg per day, + I acquired a 100,000 IU 5ml vial of Vitamin D dissolved in sesame oil from a friend whose an Osteopath. I gave her a 1mL injection (20,000 IU) injection. Vitamin D3 as bought in most vitamin shops, requires two chemical processes to be converted to Vitamin D and requires both the liver and the kidneys to be function properly. Taking Vitamin D3 while sick will do nothing, however if you begin taking it daily for months, you may slowly increase your Vitamin D levels.

I also tracked down a monoclonal antibody clinic that could treat her the same day. There were many options but many were closed and/or had no availability on the weekends. It took a lot of calling, and pleading. They gave her a treatment of Regen-CoV that afternoon.

My mother just turned 83 years old, otherwise is healthy and normal weight (she still does Yoga). She was fully vaccinated as of sometime in April 2021 with Pfizer.

On Wednesday Sep 29 I flew back to Europe and Sep 30th tested myself again with a rapid antigen test. Negative. I'm 54 and unvaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 10:04 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
How is she now? Hope all goes well.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
I hope your mom is ok but have no idea what the purpose of this thread is.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:44 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
There’s no more info from the OP ad he said flew to Europe. He sounds like a nurse or some type of medical person. He knows his stuff - hope the mom is good after the treatments she got and gets her booster.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:47 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

An excellent first hand account and illustration of the 6 month weakening of the Pfizer vaccine in the aged/high risk person. And the positive effect of monoclonals in those same people.

And why boosters are needed right now by those same people.

Sounds like she will pull through.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:01 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
An excellent first hand account and illustration of the 6 month weakening of the Pfizer vaccine in the aged/high risk person. And the positive effect of monoclonals in those same people.

And why boosters are needed right now by those same people.

Sounds like she will pull through.
Exactly. A good example of the vaccine weakening after six months which is why the booster is needed. Also a good example of medicine working, although one med is of dubious value and the other is extremely expensive.

Glad to hear this woman is back on her feet, great that the OP jumped in to help, and hopefully the pills and other treatments that are now being tested will kick this stupid disease out of our lives forever. For now we need to get the booster, unfortunately, to prevent these breakthroughs from happening.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:40 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Thanks to OP for sharing in such detail. OP sounds like quite knowledgeable in the field, lucky mom.

It will be interesting if it can be found out from whom she likely got the virus, and if it's also a vaccinated person. Asymptomatic vaccinated COVID carriers can be super spreaders.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:03 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I forgot to mention, she is doing a lot better. Began feeling immediately better after the Regen-CoV and next day she was basically her usual self, with a slight cough.

Whether it was the Regen-CoV, Ivermectin or Vitamin D shot, I have no idea. It's my personal opinion given how fast she deteriorated from Friday to Saturday, and how quickly she seemed to recover when she got treatment Saturday, that it was the treatments that saved her, not the vaccine. No one but God knows the answer to this.

Anyways, point of this thread is to share what I think works if you or a loved one gets COVID19 infection and begin deteriorated rapidly.

I'd recommend Ivermectin (.6mg per kg), Vitamin D shot (not D3 supplements) of 20,000 IU, and monoclonal antibodies if you qualify.

Old 10-03-2021, 04:21 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I pray she fully recovers. Her 6-month mark was close and I wonder if her antibodies were dwindling. Guess this is why booster shots are recommended for them.

Also, did you get a rapid PCR test? Not sure but I think they say those are most accurate. Praying you also stay well.

Old 10-03-2021, 04:24 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I forgot to mention, she is doing a lot better. Began feeling immediately better after the Regen-CoV and next day she was basically her usual self, with a slight cough.

Whether it was the Regen-CoV, Ivermectin or Vitamin D shot, I have no idea. It's my personal opinion given how fast she deteriorated from Friday to Saturday, and how quickly she seemed to recover when she got treatment Saturday, that it was the treatments that saved her, not the vaccine. No one but God knows the answer to this.

Anyways, point of this thread is to share what I think works if you or a loved one gets COVID19 infection and begin deteriorated rapidly.

I'd recommend Ivermectin (.6mg per kg), Vitamin D shot (not D3 supplements) of 20,000 IU, and monoclonal antibodies if you qualify.
My best friend’s grandmother also caught COVID and they treated her with Vitamin D and other things, including herbs. She wasn’t vaccinated. She passed away.

Indeed, no one but God knows. All we can do is our best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies