Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 05:14 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times

Advertisements

Hey lefties...Did you really believe the Democrats werent going to tax you if you made less than 400K....cmon man come back to reality...

Quote:

“Our Build Back Better Agenda will cut taxes for the middle class, lower costs for working families, create more jobs, and sustain economic growth for years to come,” the president tweeted Sunday. “And the most important part? No one making under $400,000 will pay a penny more in taxes.”

Yeah Right!!!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...-taxes-pledge/

Old 10-03-2021, 07:44 AM

43,123 posts, read 18,281,341 times
There's also the hike in the marriage penalty tax...married couples would pay about $1500 more in fed taxes
And then the plastic tax on anything containing plastic

Those are 2 more I've read about. You really have to hunt and peck to find out these things.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:48 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Top and bottom suck from the middle.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:32 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There's also the hike in the marriage penalty tax...married couples would pay about $1500 more in fed taxes
And then the plastic tax on anything containing plastic

Those are 2 more I've read about. You really have to hunt and peck to find out these things.
Only married couples making a helluva lot of money, from what I read. Still may not be fair for there to be a 'penalty' at all, but it doesn't mean middle class folks with a family AGI of $163,000 are gonna see that increase.

I could be reading the reports wrong, but i don't think so.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Only married couples making a helluva lot of money, from what I read. Still may not be fair for there to be a 'penalty' at all, but it doesn't mean middle class folks with a family AGI of $163,000 are gonna see that increase.

I could be reading the reports wrong, but i don't think so.
If each one is an exec making $255K a year they will get hit with the penalty.

Individuals can make up to $450K per year before any new taxes hit them.
But a couple can only make a combined $509K per year.

How is that fair ?

If a single person can make $450K a year before the new tax hits then a couple should be able to make $900K per year before the new tax hits.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:18 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
If a single person can make $450K a year before the new tax hits then a couple should be able to make $900K per year before the new tax hits.
I agree with this, but they should also remove all other tax benefits of being married so that everything is just doubled for couples and they pay the same in taxes as if they filed individually.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I agree with this, but they should also remove all other tax benefits of being married so that everything is just doubled for couples and they pay the same in taxes as if they filed individually.
Well they are not doing that. Playing "what if" is nice but there is a bill on the table that punishes married couples that work...plain and simple.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:27 AM

864 posts, read 440,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
But married people live together and receive other benefits that singles don’t so they can afford to pay more. Is it fair? Heck no. The whole tax system is not fair.

Married people should not get any extra benefits (things like special inherited retirement savings, special social security benefits, preferred health insurance rates, double wealth tax exemptions, etc…) Not unless every non-married person has the right to designate another individual of their choice to receive the same benefits (partner, neighbor, Mother, daughter, best friend etc…)

As it is now it’s not fair, some people get married for the benefits, some people don’t get married because of benefits. The government should afford special privileges to one group over another yet they do it all the time.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well they are not doing that. Playing "what if" is nice but there is a bill on the table that punishes married couples that work...plain and simple.
Right, so now you see why your assessment is poor and you should look at the tax code in its entirety.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
But married people live together and receive other benefits that singles don’t so they can afford to pay more. Is it fair? Heck no. The whole tax system is not fair.

Married people should not get any extra benefits (things like special inherited retirement savings, special social security benefits, preferred health insurance rates, double wealth tax exemptions, etc…) Not unless every non-married person has the right to designate another individual of their choice to receive the same benefits (partner, neighbor, Mother, daughter, best friend etc…)

As it is now it’s not fair, some people get married for the benefits, some people don’t get married because of benefits. The government should afford special privileges to one group over another yet they do it all the time.
Why shouldn't married people get preferred health insurance rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies