Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 07:46 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times

Advertisements

He's broken what Trump fixed....because career politicians and the swamp in DC WANT those things to remain broken! They got very put off when Trump fixed them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 07:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Oh boy. No more mean tweets. What a relief.
If Trump had laid off Twitter and moderated his rhetoric, he would have been into the 9th month of his second term.

People voted against Trump, not for Biden.

I am a 2x Trump voter. Both times I held my nose.

I voted last time as I thought it made sense for Trump to oversee the prolonged economic recovery associated with a global pandemic.

I regret my last vote given Trump’s post election behavior.

Neither Trump or Biden or any POTUS has control over consumer prices, cited by the OP or the number of people who choose to kill.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:53 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Price of rent up, price of cars up, price of gas up, price of food up, price of hotels up, homicides up to record levels, labor shortages up, cost to heat our homes up, country embarrassed on the national stage, country divided as ever, etc, etc.

Serious question — what has he fixed or began to fix?
-Well immigration was broken so he opened the border again.
-Trump wasn't spending enough of our money so Biden is doubling up on spending money we don't have
-Trump arranged an orderly removal from Afghanistan so Biden waited until the last minute and yelled "everyone out of the pool NOW" and left the stranded to fend for themselves.
-Trump didn't encourage the vaccine hard enough so Biden mandated it...get a shot or get fired

Isn't that what the left wanted ?

Old 10-07-2021, 07:54 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Ill give credit where credit is due. Biden is an idiot, but at least he isn't crying on twitter every time he disagrees with someone or if someone disagrees with him. Of Trump's many faults, that was one of his most immature actions.

The name calling was another. I don't care if Hillary called names too, I care that the POTUS is doing it.I detest Biden but at least he isn't Trump.
So no credit for Biden then.

Biden isn't fit to shine Trump's shoes.
I get Trump's personality putting some off but he did a lot of things for the good of the country that made America stronger and greatly benefited people across the board.

He also protected our Borders which is part of the job description that Biden has failed miserably at.
I was born in Eisenhower's first term and have never seen any President do so much good and no other has come close to his major accomplishment.

On the other hand I have never seen any President do as much damage as Biden. This especially in the short amount of time he has had to do his damage.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:59 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Ill give credit where credit is due. Biden is an idiot, but at least he isn't crying on twitter every time he disagrees with someone or if someone disagrees with him. Of Trump's many faults, that was one of his most immature actions.

The name calling was another. I don't care if Hillary called names too, I care that the POTUS is doing it.I detest Biden but at least he isn't Trump.
This is insanity.

So mean tweets is more important to you than competence and coherent policy?

As a result of fraud and people voting out of idiocy, we have:

open borders
rampant crime
a new terrorist state created
US citizens abandoned in Afghanistan by their government
China on the march with an impending invasion of Taiwan
inflation on the rise for the first time in decades
shortages of common consumer products
loss of confidence in our allies
FBI being used to attack liberal political opponants
Authoritarian edicts to force vaccinations
bubble markets in real estate and stocks

Old 10-07-2021, 08:07 AM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
In hindsight it seems Osama bin Laden was smart. He's a bad guy, sure, but he knew things. He wanted to destroy America by putting Biden in charge.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Well said. The question begs however and I said the same of Obama. The things they accomplished, was it because of their policies and decisions or in spite of them?
Unlike Obama, Trump inherited a strong economy.

The US was shedding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month when Obama was elected.
Unemployment during the Great Recession peaked at 9.9 %. It was 4.7% when Obama left office, a 5.2 difference.

In contrast, unemployment CONTINUED to decline under Trump to 3.5%, an incremental 1.2 difference BEFORE the 2020 pandemic.

Since Biden took office, unemployment declined from 6.7% to 5.1%, 1.6 difference, more than Trump achieved over 4 years.

Most economists consider 4-5% unemployment rate to be a full employment rate.

In terms of jobs added, Trump was not close to the numbers added by some other presidents.

All POTUS’ promote “ jobs created” and ignore the net, jobs lost vs created.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:40 AM

1,952 posts, read 827,402 times
Apparently. ending mean tweets was many people's only reason for voting Biden.

How sad it that?

Old 10-07-2021, 08:50 AM

One of the simplest explanations of inflation, demand pull and cost- push.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of...prices-3306094

Old 10-07-2021, 08:52 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:

soooo.... you care more about mean tweets than a functional government and inflation?

thats kind of sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies