Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 04:03 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,389,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but at least he isn't crying on twitter"

We obviously have different definitions for the word "crying"!

"The name calling was another."

I love it when dems/libs are caught whining about something THEY have done for DECADES and continue to do today.

Just an example for 1 person:

"President Bush's political opponents often use nicknames for him in a disparaging sense, such as:
  • Dubya - folksy Texan pronunciation of his middle initial W
  • GW - the initials of both his first and middle names
  • King George, King George II, Little George - implying he's as oppressive as the British monarchy was toward the early American colonists - used by Howard Dean in a campaign speech September 23, 2003 [1]
  • Junior - suggesting that he's not on a par with his father
  • Baby Bush - distinguishing him from Poppy Bush (the nickname of choice for George H. W. Bush)
  • Bush Baby - a crack likening him to an African primate (see galago)
  • Shrub - pun on his last name, since he's a smaller Bush. This nickname was popularized by Texas newspaper columnist Molly Ivins.
  • Uncurious George - motivated by his chimp-like resemblance to fictional monkey Curious George and by his intolerance for diverging fact and opinion. Usual "I know you are but what am I liberal tag" (See "put some Ice on it, Bill Clinton)
  • Bushie - belittling diminutive (compare Moonie)
  • Dumbo - implying that Bush is an idiot
  • Dumbya - hybrid of Dumbo and Dubya
  • Shrubya - hybrid of Shrub and Dubya
  • Gush - coupled with "Bore" in descriptions of Election 2000 as the "Gush and Bore election", juxtaposing his surname spooneristically with that of Al Gore (whose only two nicknames, by marked contrast, are Al Bore and Al Snore)
  • Bu****ler - used by his most extreme opponents to express hatred towards the US president and to liken him to Adolf Hitler."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3...George_W._Bush

They can sure dish it out, then whine like little snowflakes when it is done to them!
Good find!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 04:13 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,389,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No kidding. The neo Dem left LOVES its name calling insults and "10 year old style antics." tRump ring a bell? Lefties on here love that one. So clever ain't it? All the seig heil cracks when talking about anyone not on board with the leftist agenda, and Tweets? Ummm, how bout all the cool tweets from the Squids ..errr Squad (couldn't resistLOL) and all the lefty "news" people at CNN MSNBC et al. And lets not forget it was the left that started the social media comments war to begin with anyway.

And the whole "at least Biden is not Trump" bit sickens me. Voting in an imbecile like Biden because you think Trump is an a$$hole? The POTUS SHOULD be an a$$hole. Nice guys don't cut it in that particular job. Just ask Jimmy Carter. So Afghanistan turned into a complete disaster, the Mexican border is a half step from complete collapse and the cartels occupying ground on what was our turf, seig heil mask and vax mandates, pouncing the FBI on parents because of what they said to their school board members, crucifying the CBP mounted unit for doing their job, a gallon of milk in now over $6.00 lets not even talk about meat, we're totally dependent on the damn Saudis for oil again and that's all just for starters.

But "he's not Trump." Ain't life grand.
Speaking of the squad, what about Tlaib's election victory speech where she promised to "impeach that m......f......!"

Old 10-07-2021, 04:16 PM

63,085 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yeah, pretty much. The orange Troll didn't fix the problem, so no loss.
Why would you be ok with what is going on at our border under Biden? You can't be serious! Trump tried to fix the problem by discouraging illegals and bogus asylum seekers from coming here while Biden is doing the opposite. Trump built 450 miles of good walls but Biden put an end to completing it. Trump made asylum seekers wait in Mexico until their claims could be verified Biden put an end to that to. Under Biden we have set new records for illegal entry are you clueless to that to? Biden promised amnesty for millions of illegal aliens already here but that didn't encourage more illegals to come here? Trump made no such promises.

Orange troll? Grow up! Trump tried to fix the problem and he made headways in doing so in spite of the Democrats fighting him all the way! If he had been re-elected he would have made even more progress on this problem. Why do I get the feeling that you are a bleeding heart or ethnocentric that wants these illegals in our country?

Old 10-07-2021, 04:34 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,931,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
We had the best economy in the history of the world in Trump's term.

Sorry if that hurt your feelings.
His post just amazes me, Biden is ruining our country and all he can say is “anything is better than Trump”. Wow!

Old 10-07-2021, 04:40 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,931,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would you be ok with what is going on at our border under Biden? You can't be serious! Trump tried to fix the problem by discouraging illegals and bogus asylum seekers from coming here while Biden is doing the opposite. Trump built 450 miles of good walls but Biden put an end to completing it. Trump made asylum seekers wait in Mexico until their claims could be verified Biden put an end to that to. Under Biden we have set new records for illegal entry are you clueless to that to? Biden promised amnesty for millions of illegal aliens already here but that didn't encourage more illegals to come here? Trump made no such promises.

Orange troll? Grow up! Trump tried to fix the problem and he made headways in doing so in spite of the Democrats fighting him all the way! If he had been re-elected he would have made even more progress on this problem. Why do I get the feeling that you are a bleeding heart or ethnocentric that wants these illegals in our country?
I doubt the poster really cares about how incompetent his president is, he or she never paid attention to the policies Trump made compared to Biden’s policies, all he believes is Trump makes mEaN tweets. They picked someone with name recognition, not abilities, ignored scandals, I’m not just talking about regular voters, but media as well.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:41 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
pheww,

when i look at my inflated monthly grocery and gas bill, i thought to myself "at least i don't have to read mean Tweets"
""at least i don't have to read mean Tweets"["

And who put a gun to your head and made you read them?

I'm a repub Trump supporter and NEVER READ A SINGLE 1!

Old 10-08-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
story in the WaPo today one of the most liberal newspapers in the country.

"Biden’s polling numbers are even worse than they appear"

Points made.....

Democrats are rightly worried about President Biden’s poor job approval ratings. A closer look at his ratings among independents shows Democrats should be even more worried than they are.

Biden’s overall job approval ratings are bad enough. Only 45.1 percent of Americans approve of his performance per Monday’s RealClearPolitics average; 47.9 percent disapprove. That alone makes Biden less popular at this stage of his presidency than any president in the past 40 years except for Donald Trump.

The fact that Biden is about as unpopular among independents as Trump was then shows how truly politically damaged Biden is right now and should set off fire alarms in every Democratic campaign office.

Biden won independents by 13 points in 2020. To go from plus-13 to minus-13 in less than a year is an epic disaster. Republicans are standing by, ready to pick up the pieces from a crumbling presidency.
I remember when Trump was president our left friends on here CONSTANTLY posted threads about the polls.

I wonder why they are so absent NOW?

Old 10-08-2021, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and grumpy View Post
And what is it exactly that Trump broke?
I just saw a video of biden and harris swearing they they would NOT get the vaccine Trump had created, then soon after the were inaugurated the got the vaccine shots.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:01 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,421,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Global reaction to the Covid pandemic substantially reduced global demand for crude oil. Global masses tended to stay put. 80% of global air traffic was shut down. Cruise ships went to wet dock.

Price barrel crude oil sharply declined in March- April, 2020 as global demand substantially declined while the Saudis increased production as a strategy of the price war with Russia.

Refineries reacted by shutting down all over the world.

Consumers enjoyed low prices at the pump for a blip in time.

It is as unreasonable to blame Trump for the global pandemic as it is to attribute the price at the pump in 2020 to Trump.

The price war ended and OPEC realigned production with demand.

Ongoing or suspension of construction of the Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with the price at the pump.
nope. gas prices were low most of the Trump years. Because of POLICY.
Biden undid those policies day one and caused havoc.

now we pay. High energy prices are part of what the left WANTS because....GLOBAL WARMING.

they dont care that the poor and middle class are the ones that get hurt.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:15 AM

30,504 posts, read 21,395,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
nope. gas prices were low most of the Trump years. Because of POLICY.
Biden undid those policies day one and caused havoc.

now we pay. High energy prices are part of what the left WANTS because....GLOBAL WARMING.

they dont care that the poor and middle class are the ones that get hurt.
And gas keeps going up at a insane rate nate. Now the pipe line off Cali can help add more fire to prices slices... $6 a gal pal is coming soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies