Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 07:33 AM

30,030 posts, read 25,149,793 times

Advertisements

Whats also noteworthy is the number of people dropping out of the labor force, the falling labor force participation rate, all while the unemployment rate is falling. This shows that the unemployment rate is falling for all the wrong reasons...

Not good slow Joe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I genuinely believe Biden is a very ineffective leader, but yall, if you weren’t expecting a slow recovery and major supply chain shocks to radiate for years from covid, you don’t know how the world works.
This is not a recovery phase. There are tons of jobs available. Employers desperately want to hire. But people are not taking those jobs. Hence, this bad jobs report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Actually that may be true when trying to build an economy up that was bad or sluggish but you definitely can screw up a good economy much more easily and quickly. Like on the first day on the job, Biden signed a slew of economy killing EO”s reversing all the progress Trump had made the previous four years.

That plus all the mandates and trillions in free money Biden has frittered away already has had an immediate impact. Don’t forget all the min wage laws that passed in many Democrat states this past election too.

Don't forget about the open borders, which is almost certainly stunting wage growth. Who wants to compete against illegals who don't even belong here? I think that definitely discourages people from seeking employment as well. And in a capitalist system, when employers desperately need more workers, they have traditionally raised pay. That can't happen with the country flooded with illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 07:37 AM

29,886 posts, read 14,936,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
We like to give credit or blame to the person in the Oval office but the reality is presidential policies have very little impact on the economy especially in the short term which is 1-6 months. Long term impact lags 1-2 years behind policy change.
Interesting. My wife has worked in the finance industry her entire life, and finds that Presidential policies, the administration, and the perception of them definitely indirectly effect the market. Right now her office is slammed with people wanting to move their money into safer areas due to this administration.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:40 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,297,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting. My wife has worked in the finance industry her entire life, and finds that Presidential policies, the administration, and the perception of them definitely indirectly effect the market. Right now her office is slammed with people wanting to move their money into safer areas due to this administration.
I wonder how many of those people back in November voted for Biden-Harris. They are true idiots.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:40 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,612,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This is not a recovery phase. There are tons of jobs available. Employers desperately want to hire. But people are not taking those jobs. Hence, this bad jobs report.
What if I told you this is the case all over the world for most industries and could have been predicted decades in advance?

Old 10-08-2021, 07:41 AM

7,155 posts, read 2,831,216 times
Quote:
Whats also noteworthy is the number of people dropping out of the labor force, the falling labor force participation rate, all while the unemployment rate is falling. This shows that the unemployment rate is falling for all the wrong reasons...

Not good slow Joe...

Don't forget about the open borders, which is almost certainly stunting wage growth. Who wants to compete against illegals who don't even belong here? I think that definitely discourages people from seeking employment as well. And in a capitalist system, when employers desperately need more workers, they have traditionally raised pay. That can't happen with the country flooded with illegals.
.... AND there an abundance of supplies sitting off the coast in container ships waiting to be unloaded but there are no workers to do the unloading and shipping to the final destination.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:41 AM

30,030 posts, read 25,149,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
What if I told you this is the case all over the world for most industries and could have been predicted decades in advance?

Maybe you should tell Biden... Although I doubt he would remember.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:44 AM

6,309 posts, read 3,018,539 times
This is what happens when you finally stop paying people to sit at home!

Old 10-08-2021, 07:46 AM

29,886 posts, read 14,936,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I wonder how many of those people back in November voted for Biden-Harris. They are true idiots.
Actually, many of her clients did indeed vote for Biden. The sad thing, is many stated how much they made under the last administration, yet just can't seem to connect the dots from then to now, and whom they voted for. I guess some people just will never learn.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:47 AM

4,532 posts, read 1,789,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
This is what happens when you finally stop paying people to sit at home!
what happens, they stay home anyway?

Old 10-08-2021, 07:50 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,612,706 times
Quote:
Maybe you should tell Biden... Although I doubt he would remember.
I don’t have a direct line to the president. Neither do you. That’s why we’re on this board. Anyone who has suggested systemic problems (like the “demographic bomb” or highly vulnerable global supply chains) that a pandemic would expose has been ridiculed for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies