Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 11:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,909,128 times

Advertisements

MAGA rioter Robert Reeder grew emotional during a plea hearing on Friday. "I've lost my job," he said while tearing up. "I'm radioactive. No one wants to hire me. They just have to Google my name."

Reeder also said that he's not welcome to serve as a local Boy Scout master and sports coach anymore, and that even his church has told him to stay away and "not be a distraction."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-plea-hearing/

To his credit, Reeder now realizes how stupid he was and called taking part in the riot "the biggest mistake of my life." Good for him for coming to his senses. Unfortunately that didn't happen until he was made to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:09 AM

4,068 posts, read 2,753,326 times
Awww, poor baby. Guess nobody thought to tell him that failed insurrections can have consequences. And he's lucky he's not facing worse.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:11 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,942,432 times
Wish the law went has passionately at the rioters in Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland and everywhere else, who vandalized federal buildings and properties who caused damages all summer long with the blessings of the Democratic mayors and governors.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:11 AM

45,873 posts, read 27,525,701 times
He got framed because there are two sets of rules in play. If people didn't understand that before, they better get it in their heads now before they do something like that again.

The people in power are mainly enforcing the laws harshly on political enemies. People need to know what they legally can and can't do - and they need to have someone on hand immediately to contact if something goes down. This is what Antifa does. They have a whole sub-structure of lawyers and advocates in place when they are needed. They normally push the limits as far as they can - but if they cross the line, they have a plan in place that can be implemented almost immediately.

I think this guy needs to start his own business.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,543,320 times
Are we going to be treated to a new thread for every story you read about people trying to stay out of jail?

Spoiler: nobody likes to go to jail. Everyone usually begs for leniency.

Get a life, OP. Gloating over the idiocy of others is no way to live.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:14 AM

26,713 posts, read 15,265,392 times
"I'm a magnet," a violent Antifa rioter stated, "the left is giving me so many opportunities, even Kamala helped bail me out." Tim Jones was arrested for his participation in a mostly peaceful protest where he assaulted a police officer and committed arson. Local Democrat leaders on the city council called for his release and stated that it was "a day of Justice." As he walked out Scott free, Mr. Jones stated that he can't wait to participate in the next mostly peaceful protest.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:18 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,270,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
MAGA rioter Robert Reeder grew emotional during a plea hearing on Friday. "I've lost my job," he said while tearing up. "I'm radioactive. No one wants to hire me. They just have to Google my name."

Reeder also said that he's not welcome to serve as a local Boy Scout master and sports coach anymore, and that even his church has told him to stay away and "not be a distraction."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-plea-hearing/

To his credit, Reeder now realizes how stupid he was and called taking part in the riot "the biggest mistake of my life." Good for him for coming to his senses. Unfortunately that didn't happen until he was made to suffer the consequences of his actions.
You sound really proud of the sadistic leftists who smear, cancel and harrass and beat down anyone that is a Trump supporter. You say this guy is coming to his senses.. what , for walking around the capital with an American flag.. You sadistic bunch of communist followers are the sick ones. Enjoy your sadistic party of disgusting foul haters who love to destroy American lives.

Trump never went after the Biden followers like your sick party does..

Old 10-09-2021, 11:20 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,942,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
"...consequences of his actions."

But does the punishment fit the crime?

He's effectively been shunned from society. Even his church has banished him. Is this what you want? Do you think this is right? Explain, if so. Seems awfully 451 to me.
They really can’t.. they forgot about the far left wingers in 1971 I believe who planted a bomb close to republicans offices. That was far worse then Jan 6. I could be wrong on the year though.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:22 AM

24,782 posts, read 17,516,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToBakeYourDragon View Post
To be fair, the MAGA rioters were all over the internet with their faces being shown and boasting about it on social media.

Might aswell have a sign saying “arrest me!”

Yeah and when the Rioters, Arsonists and Looters were arrested over "the Summer of Love" they were all set free with nothing but a slap on the wrist.

If we learned anything from January 6th it is that the law is not being applied equally and the Democrats do not care if Main Street USA, your Business your House is destroyed during one of their "peaceful protests" but dare to bring the anger literally to their House and there will be hell to pay.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:24 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,270,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yeah and when the Rioters, Arsonists and Looters were arrested over "the Summer of Love" they were all set free with nothing but a slap on the wrist.

If we learned anything from January 6th it is that the law is not being applied equally and the Democrats do not care if Main Street USA, your Business your House is destroyed during one of their "peaceful protests" but dare to bring the anger literally to their House and there will be hell to pay.
Kamala had a fund to get them sprung of of jail and many just did the crimes over and over.. how many police cars did they burn? Must be hundreds..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.