Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 08:15 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

Interesting, how ultra-vaccinated Farmington, NM has 93 times the rate of COVID-19 compared to Victoria, Texas where just half the population is vaccinated.

https://covidactnow.org/us/texas-tx/...ty/?s=25491462

https://covidactnow.org/us/metro/far...nm/?s=25491462
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 08:19 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
At the moment Texas has the single highest seven day average death rate of any state in the nation, New Mexico has one of the lowest.

The vaccine keeps people from being seriously ill or killed. How poorly Texas is doing compared to New Mexico is further proof that the vaccines are working.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:39 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interesting, how ultra-vaccinated Farmington, NM has 93 times the rate of COVID-19 compared to Victoria, Texas where just half the population is vaccinated.

https://covidactnow.org/us/texas-tx/...ty/?s=25491462

https://covidactnow.org/us/metro/far...nm/?s=25491462
"Ultra-vaccinated Farmington" is actually 66.8% vaccinated according to your link.

Victoria, Texas is 50.8%. (Only a 16% difference.)

Perhaps the Farmington population is older and/or more overweight than Victoria? Please let us know!

Recently someone on another thread was crowing about how mostly unvaccinated Africa had a lower Covid-19 rate than the U.S. It turns out that Africa's median age is 18 years old. Ours is double that and our obesity rate is very high compared to theirs.

It makes a difference!

Old 11-14-2021, 10:26 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,652,723 times
This is all over. There is a place in Ireland with like 99% vaccinated and highest case count. Countries and US counties with high vaccination rates are having large cases. Vermont being one of them. Now granted the testing sucks cause the tests pull a lot of false positives, but if we are going to compare apples to apples...yea the vaccine doesn't work and is actually making it worse. A study out of UK and I think Israel just showed the vaccine was negative (that's negative) 173% effective, or really not effective.

Now they want to vaccinate kids who have a higher chance dying from lighting or drowning.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:35 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,187 times
so you think cherry picking two relaitively small towns actually proves something? that's cute.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
I sometimes wonder...the people more likely to be vaccinated, are also more likely to be the people who get regularly tested, job required or not. There's no indication that these Farmington, NM cases are even symptomatic. I'm definitely on the "red" side of this whole thing, I've never been tested, and will actively resist any attempt to be tested. If I get a cold, I'll stay home for a few days instead of panicking myself and getting tested every 8 hours or whatever.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:07 AM

16,093 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Farmington has a different demographic and public health profile. Fake thread, as usual from this OP.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:23 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

Recently someone on another thread was crowing about how mostly unvaccinated Africa had a lower Covid-19 rate than the U.S. It turns out that Africa's median age is 18 years old. Ours is double that and our obesity rate is very high compared to theirs.

It makes a difference!
Covid19 infection rate and age have nothing to do with one another. Kids get COVID too.

You're thinking of the death rate. That's fine, but you need to explain why the rate of infections is so low in SSA when their vaccination rates are single digits.

They beat us in every metric, without vaccines.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:53 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
How many of them are seriously ill? It's well established by now vaccines wear off. I think we've hit the point where we know this is going to be endemic...now it's up to the silent majority to tell our leaders we don't want masks and forced vaccination for the next 10-20 years. It's time to let people make their own choice on both and to end this insanity.

We have 50 states...leave it all up to the states and people can move to a state that fits their lifestyle preference. If they want to be around other intellectually superior progressives who mask up everywhere they go, they can move to one of those states that mandates it, and vice-versa.

If you are anti-mask, come to South Dakota. You will fit right in if you lean libertarian and don't want to take away our marijuana. We need a strong base of non-statist nannies...the more we can get the better. Drain the republican swamp in this state without replacing it with democrats.... No more one size fits all collectivist social policy by puritans or wokes. The right to choose and the rights of the individual are Paramount.

Last edited by sholomar; 11-15-2021 at 06:07 AM..

Old 11-15-2021, 07:42 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,879,736 times
Nice job cherry picking data.

Of the counties with vaccine rates exceeding 70% (that's 12 of them) - only 2 are in double-digit infections.

Meantime,

Of the counties with vaccine rates below 60% - they occupy ALL BUT 2 of the top 25 "worst" spots. This data is on the OPs link - not mine - if anything, the data CONFIRMS the vaccine is awesome, and also confirms that nothing is perfect.

Look - I can explain my side using just the numbers. If you find yourself tossing out or ignoring data to explain your side - that's usually a sign that your guess is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies