Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 05:31 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Will you join us to expel the radicals on both ends of the political spectrum, & retake America?

Our primary goal will be to cut spending across the board by 2%/yr...The Penny Plan

We'll also:

-end CR's, continuing resolutions, where the Feds threaten us all of shutdowns, & return to annual budgets, & force zero-base budgeting.

-fix campaign finance to cut out the top 1% out, so they will stop buying influence, to ALL our detriment

-secure our Southern border, while also expanding legal immigration using mutually agreed upon standards & levels that our system will be able to humanely handle.

-make ALL lobbying totally transparent by filming it, & having it streamed live nationwide...a la C-Span.

-freeze all social issues, on the federal level, "as-is" for some period of time, so we can focus on the above, to re-gain control.

-strive to identify other areas of mutual agreement to act upon to move our great country forward.

That's it. Will you join us? If so, our next step is to ID our candidates in both parties that we'll support, & ask them to sign pledges supporting our agenda. If they betray us, we vow to expel them from politics for all of time by never voting for them again.

Do centrist patriots still have enough trust left in each other, to make this happen?

The details of "how to" come later, so let's keep this discussion simple, so we can focus our collective scope of attention upon the common deliverables above, & any other low hanging fruit I may have misssed.

Which of you are able to control yourselves enough to invest your mental energies upon partnering, & not dividing? Which of you are capable of casting aside the media brainwashing, to save America?

Or, we can all just keep letting a small minority or rich people, entrenched politicians, & radicals own us?

Last edited by beach43ofus; 10-14-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 05:52 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Most of what's in the OP I actually support.

Where I differ:

In addition to cutting spending, I'd also like to see taxes raised. I believe that doing both would get us quicker to not only balancing the budget but also quicker towards paying down the federal debt. If President Bill Clinton and Speaker Newt Gingrich could make "pay as you go" work in the 1990's, why can't it work in the 2020's?

I don't think that it would be practical to force all lobbying to be transparent by providing that all lobbying will be video streamed and available for replay. SCOTUS has already determined that campaign donations are a form of free speech; I do think that we need to turn a bright light on the dark money in politics.

I'm in favor of a rational solution to the illegal immigration issue. I don't think that a big, expensive, and evadable wall at the southern border is a workable solution.

I don't agree with freezing all social issues as it simply conjures up in my mind the phrase "justice too long delayed is justice denied".

Old 10-14-2021, 06:08 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Sounds ok. Who is we?

Old 10-14-2021, 06:12 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
takes years to change things America is an instant society

Old 10-14-2021, 06:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Will you join us to expel the radicals on both ends of the political spectrum, & retake America?

Our primary goal will be to cut spending across the board by 2%/yr...The Penny Plan

We'll also:

-end CR's, continuing resolutions, where the Feds threaten us all of shutdowns, & return to annual budgets, & force zero-base budgeting.

-fix campaign finance to cut out the top 1% out, so they will stop buying influence, to ALL our detriment

-secure our Southern border, while also expanding legal immigration using mutually agreed upon standards & levels that our system will be able to humanely handle.

-make ALL lobbying totally transparent by filming it, & having it streamed live nationwide...a la C-Span.

-freeze all social issues, on the federal level, "as-is" for some period of time, so we can focus on the above, to re-gain control.

-strive to identify other areas of mutual agreement to act upon to move our great country forward.

That's it. Will you join us? If so, our next step is to ID our candidates in both parties that we'll support, & ask them to sign pledges supporting our agenda. If they betray us, we vow to expel them from politics for all of time by never voting for them again.

Do centrist patriots still have trust left each other, to make this happen?

The details of "how to" come later, so let's keep this discussion simple, so we can focus our collective scope of attention upon the common deliverables above, & any other low hanging fruit I may have misssed.

Which of you are able to control yourselves enough to invest your mental energies upon partnering, & not dividing? Which of you are capable of casting aside the media brainwashing, to save America?

Or, we can all just keep letting a small minority or rich people, entrenched politicians, & radicals own us?

Ummmm.................................... I guess you haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years.

The democrat party IS A FAR LEFT, RADICALIZED PARTY that no one with an ounce of gray matter (and a job) would ever support.

The democrat party of old is dead and is now a party based in marxist ideology, which would have been thought impossible 30-40 years ago.

Look at the Biden "approval numbers" and everything going down the tubes. The American public HATES the democrat party and everything they stand for.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Most of what's in the OP I actually support.

Where I differ:

In addition to cutting spending, I'd also like to see taxes raised. I believe that doing both would get us quicker to not only balancing the budget but also quicker towards paying down the federal debt. If President Bill Clinton and Speaker Newt Gingrich could make "pay as you go" work in the 1990's, why can't it work in the 2020's?

I don't think that it would be practical to force all lobbying to be transparent by providing that all lobbying will be video streamed and available for replay. SCOTUS has already determined that campaign donations are a form of free speech; I do think that we need to turn a bright light on the dark money in politics.

I'm in favor of a rational solution to the illegal immigration issue. I don't think that a big, expensive, and evadable wall at the southern border is a workable solution.

I don't agree with freezing all social issues as it simply conjures up in my mind the phrase "justice too long delayed is justice denied".
I respect your post and opinions. I want to take some time to digest them before replying. None of your comments put me off however, so I guess we are both centrists.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:31 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Yes. The Dems have gone nutso woke leftist. I would likely vote vote for any republican but trump.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:33 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Look at the Biden "approval numbers"
Didn't you just spend four years dismissing presidential approval numbers as fake/irrelevant? Weird how that changed.

God I love politics.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ummmm.................................... I guess you haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years.

The democrat party IS A FAR LEFT, RADICALIZED PARTY that no one with an ounce of gray matter (and a job) would ever support.

The democrat party of old is dead and is now a party based in marxist ideology, which would have been thought impossible 30-40 years ago.

Look at the Biden "approval numbers" and everything going down the tubes. The American public HATES the democrat party and everything they stand for.
Biden still has at least a 38% approval rating. Most who voted for him thought he was a moderate. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, & prefer to extend an open hand to them to join us in finally solving problems, and stop kicking the can down the road endlessly.

I'm tired of the division we are being suckered into by a minority, which gets the majority of us nowhere.

I'm convincedthat the majorit of Dems are patriots, that are not much differet than the moderate Pubs, except for a few of the social issues...like abortion. That is why I say we freeze cosial issues for a few years to focus upoj saving America, & end the division for a while. We need a social issue time out, so we can re-focus upon the largest issues.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:37 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I'm with you....but if you are serious about this be prepared to be disappeared in my opinion. They will not let this happen.

I would also add, get rid of executive order power...all new laws go through checks and balances.

Last edited by sholomar; 10-14-2021 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies